• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ibuprofen and Caffeine+Aspirine on Sertraline and Clonazepam, advise pls

delphinen

Bluelighter
Long story short; my designated pharmacy sold all trammies last weekend, and my back has been killing me since yesterday. Today I need to stay awake until very late, so I bought:
> a box of 600mg Ibuprofen x 10 pills (generic brand)
> 500mg Aspirin+40mg Caffeine pills x 5 (German Bayer Cafiaspirina).

Ate a little bread with ham and cheese to ease my stomach just in case, and already did take 2 Ibuprofen (1200mg in total) and one Cafiaspirina (1g Aspirin and 80mg Caffeine. I am feeling a little better, but my back still hurts, is it safe to take another Ibuprofen and/or Cafiaspirina?
Also, I'm on 50mg Sertraline and 4~8mg Clonazepam per day, but I researched and it seems there should not be interaction, and some sources says that the Sertraline may help with the pain?

Help. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't use any more ibuprofen because you've already taken the daily dosage limit at 1,200 mg. You might be able to take one more dose of aspirin but being that you've already taken both, it may be rough on your stomach. I've read that sertraline was prescribed off-label for pain but didn't have good results from it personally. Do you have access to acetaminophen?

I wouldn't use any more ibuprofen because you've already taken the daily dosage limit at 1,200 mg. You might be able to take one more dose of aspirin but being that you've already taken both, it may be rough on your stomach. I've read that sertraline was prescribed off-label for pain but didn't have good results from it personally. Do you have access to acetaminophen?

Seconded. Don't be taking too many over the counter analgesics, because, as T. has pointed out, they can be pretty harmful when misused. Another important point my colleague made, that not a lot of people are aware of, is that certain OTC analgesics can be utilized in conjunction with each other and indeed can produce synergy. My surgeon has prescribed combinations of Naproxen/Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen and Opioids numerous times and I can attest to the effectiveness of the combined analgesia.

I HATE Acetaminophen because it makes me nauseous.

Seconded. Don't be taking too many over the counter analgesics, because, as T. has pointed out, they can be pretty harmful when misused. Another important point my colleague made, that not a lot of people are aware of, is that certain OTC analgesics can be utilized in conjunction with each other and indeed can produce synergy. My surgeon has prescribed combinations of Naproxen/Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen and Opioids numerous times and I can attest to the effectiveness of the combined analgesia.

Naproxen it's a little heavy on the stomach... Pregabalin makes my hearth race... Couldn't get Tramadol... so I ended up buying Ibuprofen and Aspirin with Caffeine.