Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ibogaine??

nomad463

Greenlighter
Just wondering if anyone knows if Ibogaine is available at all within Australia for addiction problems??

no way.

There are no public clinics that would administrate a powerful and utterly untested (i.e. phase 1, 2, 3 trials) psychedelic. Nor almost any mainstream private clinic. Vice magazine did a big article on Ibogaine and a camp/experience/"clinic"/retreat that administered it in some third world country.

But why not just you know like try suboxone/methadone. It isn't bad.

There are Ibogaine practitioners in Australia. The guys I know are quite passionate about what they do.

I just emailed a dude, looks like a shonky local website made by a 10 yr old but he ad an email.Does that mean you gotta go to some quack doctor who gives you minute doses at exorbitant prices. I just want my sack of raw material.

You essentially have to know the right people.
I'd be more surprised to hear of "quack doctors" in Australia working with ibogaine than ethnobotanical enthusiasts (and people working in that side of "healing", rather than renegade medical practitioners).

I think it's a different story in other countries, but given the regulatory systems in place around the use of therepeutic goods and so on, i'd be surprised if any medically qualified doctors in Australia would take the kind of risk ibogaine treatment entails - not just the use of an illegal plant, but the medical liability issues associated with giving people not approved by the TGA.
It might happen, but i think most Australian medical professionals have too much to lose by offering such services (not least of all their freedom, or their abilty to practise medicine).

I think we're getting a little close to source discussion here, but so long as folks keep discussion somewhat vague and general, it is an interesting conversation - so let's try to keep it above board, and we can keep the thread open :)
A friend of mine did ibogaine (in Australia) and it sounds pretty fascinating. Its ability to "cure" certain addictions is rather mindblowing.
I absolutely love this thread (which is from the USA, not Australia, but all the same is a great read and one of my all-time favourite BL trip reports)

You essentially have to know the right people.
I'd be more surprised to hear of "quack doctors" in Australia working with ibogaine than ethnobotanical enthusiasts (and people working in that side of "healing", rather than renegade medical practitioners).

I think it's a different story in other countries, but given the regulatory systems in place around the use of therepeutic goods and so on, i'd be surprised if any medically qualified doctors in Australia would take the kind of risk ibogaine treatment entails - not just the use of an illegal plant, but the medical liability issues associated with giving people not approved by the TGA.
It might happen, but i think most Australian medical professionals have too much to lose by offering such services (not least of all their freedom, or their abilty to practise medicine).

I think we're getting a little close to source discussion here, but so long as folks keep discussion somewhat vague and general, it is an interesting conversation - so let's try to keep it above board, and we can keep the thread open :)
A friend of mine did ibogaine (in Australia) and it sounds pretty fascinating. Its ability to "cure" certain addictions is rather mindblowing.
I absolutely love this thread (which is from the USA, not Australia, but all the same is a great read and one of my all-time favourite BL trip reports)

Took the words right out of my mouth lol.
The ammount any medical practitioner pays for insurance ect with regards to liabilities I really cant see even the genuineness of GPs risk it. I know my local and good friend GP (26 years now!!) has said before during chats that over 75% of his income is paid for various insurances.