View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ibogaine Treatment Questions and Information

Sesamesim

Greenlighter
Hello, I have a few questions regarding ibogaine for treating depression and opiate/cannabis addiction, as well as a few other questions im hoping anyone here can answer. I tried searching for info on it in these forums but couldn't find much.

First, I'll start off by saying that i recently ran into some trouble with the law and am soon starting a year long court mandated drug treatment program in NYC.

First question: On my first visit to Manhattan treatment court, they gave me a drug test and said i tested clean for everything. I was a bit surprised at this because I had smoked weed just 3 days prior to the test and before that as well so i had plenty of THC in my system. I was very confused as to how i tested clean for weed. For Opiates/Suboxone i wasnt surprised because i stopped taking suboxone 2 months ago (after being arrested and willingly wanting to get off subs) but the weed thing perplexed me, Especially when i took a 12-panel drug test from my private drug program that i willingly entered earlier this year and tested positive for THC twice in a week. Can anyone explain this? Do you think they were giving me a break ? Doesn't seem plausible considering its a court mandated test.

Second question: I'm very interested in using Ibogaine to treat my depression and overall dependency on drugs, not so much opiates since im 2 months without suboxone and don't see myself relapsing anytime soon. However not smoking weed for me is very stressful and only amplifies my depression and thoughts of suicide. Hence the ibogaine treatment. I know this substance isn't to be taken lightly and should be supervised but i cant dish out thousands of dollars to a trip to Mexico for a treatment clinic. I just want to take it at home by myself and be thoroughly prepared. I know its not recommended to take ibogaine by yourself just in case something goes wrong but i really don't have anybody to supervise me let alone one who is medically able.

Third question: Will ibogaine show up in a court mandated drug test?

Fourth Question: Does anyone here have any experience in Manhattan treatment court? What can I expect? Do you have any tips or info about it ? The idea of doing this for at least a year is daunting and am seriously considering ending my life because of this. Not smoking weed doesn't help and only exacerbates my thoughts of suicide. If i could smoke a J every now and then i could possibly see myself pulling through. I don't have a desire to do opiates or even subs anymore which was my first choice of drugs but not smoking weed is driving me crazy. Does anyone know how I can go though this program successfully while smoking weed?

This is why im considering Ibogaine because I'm hoping it will end my drug craving and depression. Yes i understand the risks associated with it but am also considering the risks of everything else ive mentioned above. So to me it would be unwise to not at least try it, even unsupervised.

Thank you all very much for any help and I truly appreciate it. Thanks!