View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ibogaine Log

Swim15

Bluelighter
Just took 10mg of a TA extract. We’ll see what happens.

Also have a full flood treatment at a center in Portugal scheduled for March 16th. I have a slight, non disqualifying, cardiac abnormality in the form of an unspecified ST elevation so doing the treatment on my own for a full saturation dose is too risky.

This is treatment for anhedonia induced by wellbutrin that I’ve narrowed down to impacting the dopamine system, specifically D2, and possibly D3, receptor. Lot of reasons but the primary one being that dopamine agonists, specifically cabergoline, works to effectively alleviate all my symptoms.

The first dose was dropped about an hour and a half ago and definitely feel it but it’s been pretty significantly sedating so far interestingly enough. Colors and light are enhanced and feel like a nap but that’s about it so far.

Will update!

Edit: I do want to put a disclaimer that anyone using ibogaine should have the appropriate testing done first. In my exploration of this treatment I’ve had conversations with various people and physicians who have all seen deaths or cardiac events from it, even at lower doses, and even with people who had perfect cardiac function.

Last edited:
Good to have ya man!

This is going to be a lot of experimentation and want to try and record as much as I can since there so little info on ibogaine out there.

I should make note that at some point I will likely try combining it with BPC-157 because of the profound cardiac stabilization/antiarrhythmic effects. Ibogaine typically does not play well with other compounds but this one is already in our bodies so my hope is that it won’t cause any issues.

I’m going to be going by feel and likely won’t go above 30mg a day but going to be careful testing things out.

Alright guys, dropped another ~13mg last evening around 7pm. Got a little anxious just because of potential cardiac effects in my sleep when I couldn’t do anything about it but did it before I thought about it too much.

The first dose was fairly sedating most of yesterday and didn’t really get any energy or drive back until that evening so figured what the hell, a second one might help me sleep.

Besides a couple weird dreams, things were fine. The second dose felt like it was slightly more stimulating and it felt like I slept lighter but woke up feeling great this morning.

Took another 14-15mg this morning to see how it goes. Want to be fairly cautious and keep it to 70-80mg per week but also get a feel for the substance. Depending on how this one feels today, I’ll probably take tomorrow off and consider a double dose the next day around 20mg.

Once I’ve got a better feel, I’m going to combine some small doses with equally small doses of BPC157 and see how things go or if it changes any aspects of the experience.

Yeah I plan to publish my log as a full-spectrum TR about microdosing iboga... I am also going to work up to a full (but well below flood) dose probably. Ibogaine is very visionary and quite strong at well below flood dosages, but at lower dosages it can be taken and last one night and not require supervision and such.

What is BPC157?

Quick update, definitely felt this stuff an hour post dose a lot differently than yesterday.

Definitely more of a stimulant effect, lights are brighter, colors are more vibrant. Feels similar to an LSD microdose but with less anxious energy.

Just did a meditation session and went really well.

Yeah I plan to publish my log as a full-spectrum TR about microdosing iboga... I am also going to work up to a full (but well below flood) dose probably. Ibogaine is very visionary and quite strong at well below flood dosages, but at lower dosages it can be taken and last one night and not require supervision and such.

What is BPC157?

I’ll be looking forward to your log!

BPC157 is a 15AA peptide derived from gastric juice. Incredible healing capabilities on soft tissue and a known modulator of 5HT and dopamine systems - also known for its ability to repair them after drug abuse.

Lotta info on it and highly recommend checking it out. It also has incredible cardio protective properties and can counteract fatal hypo/hyper natremia and kalemia as well as counteract cardio toxicity of other drugs with similar mechanisms.

If everything goes well I’ll be trialing the two together next week as a potential option for mitigating cardiotoxic effects are higher doses and reducing the need for medical monitoring. —> I absolutely do NOT recommend anyone try this.

Interesting, I'm definitely interested in your results. I'll have to look into this stuff, never heard of it before.

Interesting thread, im doing a micro dosing regimen myself.
Im using root bark powder though, im hoping it will help me with my ketamine addiction.

Yesterday was interesting as I felt good all day but crashed HARD about 10 hours after dosing and was in bed at 930pm which is first in months. Slept fairly well but had weird dreams all night even with smoking before bed which was weird.

Dosed 18mg late this morning around 11am and feel it wearing off slowly.

One issue I’m hoping to treat is massive issue in sex drive and function that happened on and after using the Wellbutrin. BPC helped with that to an extent and NSI-189 got rid of those symptoms almost entirely.

The ibogaine has helped my mood but definitely nothing in the sex drive department. Can’t really say it’s blunting it but not helping so far. Wondering if this may go away after a couple days and the noribogaine breaks down.

Going to take a break after today I think for a few days and see how I feel. May also try some slightly larger 30-40mg bolus doses next week although tempted to go back on NSI 189 until my clinic treatment just because it works so well.

Iboga is an oneirogen, ie, a dream-enhancing plant. It changed my dream architecture profoundly when I did my flood, for years afterwards. IMO it works on a dream level. When I took a lower but still strong dose after the flood, I spent a whole night having dream/visions laying in my bed, it was amazing. Ever since my flood dose, my dream life is so much more vivid and meaningful.

I received my TA extract yesterday. :) When it feels like the right day, I will start my microdosing regimen.

It's cool that a number of folks in PD are all embarking on this together. :)

How’s the experience been so far?

Mixed to say the least, ive still done some ket but tried to cut to down hard.
With some ibogogain in my system i def feel alot less of the druggy effects of the K.
Its hard to explain but it shows me how i can hopefully try to replace most of my ketamine binges with other more sustainable rituals.

I still would like to be able to use K sometimes to go that special place, however having it as an addiction is not an option for me.

SO quick update guys.

I did my 3 day round of microdosing with roughly a week break after.

Last Friday I dropped 50mg and have to say ibogaine is a weird drug. Feel stimulated but at the same time lethargic and sleepy. I proceeded to sleep about 10-12 hours a day for the next ~4 days and feel somewhat of a brain fog like when I started BPC-157. After that (the noribogaine I think) wore off around Tuesday (5 days later) I felt much better and a little more like my self so I’d say it’s doing what I want with rest and recovery.

I’m scheduled to fly out to Portugal in exactly 48 hours for a full treatment and a week at a clinic so will keep you guys updated.

Personally I like the iboga microdose/low dose, it's been keeping my mood almost 100% calm and peaceful even when I get hit with stressors. Hasn't impacted my ability to function and has improved sleep quality. I took a couple of days off and then dosed again today because I was feeling a slight return of symptoms and interestingly last night I had the most wildly vivid dreams, but not as much during the week I was microdosing daily. I also kept getting light iboga visuals (it's like outlines get thrown off things and dissipate into smoke when I move my vision but it only happens at night - it was the same way when I did my flood) through those couple of days after I stopped dosing.

Yeah it definitely hits your dreams in weird ways. How much are you dosing?

love the long term effects as I definitely feel they’ve continued well past my dosing and gotten even better but not something I function well on taking it regularly.

20-30mg, twice a day generally. My mood has been remarkable.

Interesting. Makes me sleepy as fuck and generally a little more apathetic until the noribogaine wears off but it’s a composed drug and everyone is different.

Took 200mg PTA last night actually that the clinic owner gave me while I postpone treatment and definitely felt the unpairing effects after about two hours. Slept fairly well but still felt some stimulation. Gonna drop another 200mg in a couple days probably and let the noribogaine wear off and see how I feel

Well guys, I did it. Currently 5 days post flood and the anhedonia that’s destroyed my life has been destroyed.

This was the most incredible experience of my entire life and the best decision I’ve ever made. I’ll detail a short report for you guys.

I’ll start by saying that I have lots of experience with psychedelics - mushrooms, LSD, and auyhuasca I’m fairly high doses but this made all of them seem like kindergarten bullshit so it is beyond fucking intense. I knew I had a cardiac issue going in, albeit mild, so I was scared but also so ready to be done fighting this struggle that I’ve battled for so long that I was ready to give in and let go.

I started with a 300mg PTA test dose at 6:45am and after the EKG was all good, was given an additional 1250mg of PTA for the flood an hour later at 7:45am.

The comeup had me going in the flood around 9-930 and then started puking violently around 930am. The purging continued until around 2pm but I was a much more extreme case than most I was told (and even then it was still WELL worth it, no question).

The beginning was harsh and intense. I’m a Christian and had major issues with God that I got faced with and how I’ve been living. I had to deal with confronting death in a very weird and emotional way that I still can’t totally explain. That ‘hard part of the trip was roughly from 10-12pm with intense visions.

After that, because I have some cardiac issues we were working around, we needed to wait until my EKG stabilized to continue with dosing because I threw some up and they wanted to get as much in me as they could.

At 9pm I dosed another 300mg PTA and that’s what pushed me over the edge. It was just a ‘trip’ until this point and I didn’t see quite what was so great. Then the happiness, euphoria, and overwhelming joy hit me. The next 5 hours were visions of my closest friends and family and Jesus accompanied by the most intense entire body euphoria I’ve ever experienced on any drug 10 fold over. I couldn’t stop smiling and crying.

Doses another 75mg around 1am which doubled the intensity and was feeling the acute effects intensely for another 12 hours at least.

The full trip was 30 hours long but I didn’t sleep for 3 days. Weirdly enough I’ve never felt better in my entire life beyond what I could ever describe.

The amount of overwhelming joy, love, empathy, and compassion was more than anything I can put into words. Every single breath feels like the first breath I’ve ever taken in my entire life. It entirely changed my perspective on life. I’m only 5 days post flood but I’ve never felt better in my 26 years on this planet.

Going to experiment with boosters at some point and see what they do for me now that I’ve had that experience but I’ll absolutely be doing it again periodically for the rest of my life. .

So glad it worked for you. :) My experience was quite different in content, but the entire year after my flood was the best I have ever felt in my life, confident, motivated, euphoric, happy, fulfilled. It was beautiful. Changed my life.

Last edited: