View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ibogaine freakouts?

palmanita

Bluelighter
I'm thinking about going to an Iboga treatment center, primarily for resolving anxiety and mental stuff like that but also drug "ab"use in the search for help etc..

Now my fear is, while I never had a true psychotic episode, heared voices or so, I know that sometimes emotions and memories can get too overwhelming causing a temporary "freakout", especially when substances are involved. This happened once already some years ago.

Is Ibogaine immobilizing like ketamine during the acute phase? Or how do the treatment people handle such a situation, should it ever occur? I don't want to wake up in a padded room ...

Don't worry too much about it. Ibogaine is a pretty atypical psychedelic. Its not like any traditional psychs at all. Your ego remains intact the entire time. Most find it to be pretty soothing and comforting. I find it really sedating like i am almost asleep (but not). It can bring up old memories in a pretty remarkable way but its not a scary drug. I didn't quite breakthrough on my attempted flood (2.5 g TA) but I got a pretty good feel for it. It was like being in a protective orb the whole time. I don't think its caused psychosis in anyone before.

If you have experience with other psychs ibogaine will most likely be no problem for you. You can take a benzo if you need to but you prob wont except to get some sleep after a few days. You will be immobilized most definitely. That's part of the reason you need a sitter bc you can't really walk. Its pretty difficult at least so no running around like a crazy person.

You really have nothing to fear with it but make sure you get your blood work done and preferably a stressed EKG. Its great medicine. Best of luck.

Avoid mexico IMO.