View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ibogaine for curing suboxone addiction?

Chemist4Hire

Bluelighter
I would like to hear BL forums experience with ibogaine for the sole purpose if curing addiction, withdrawals and P.A.W.S. symptoms of Suboxone dependent's.
Specifically long term users of suboxone (1 or more years of use). Specifically has it subsided all WD's and Paw's from your suboxone/subutex/zubusolv?

NOTE: I have herd on many forums/sites including Erowid experience vaults that Iboga Bark TA, Cures opiate/opioid addiction with just a "Flood dose" and follow up "booster" doses.
around 20g - 40g iboga bark. Those who have done this usually go to Clinics that practice ibogaine treatment for addictions or they go out of country to see guides much like the ayahuasca treatment. Here are some treatment centers so you can get an idea what I'm talking about:

Type in your address bar and check these out:

https://drugabuse.com/how-does-ibogaine-treat-opiate-addiction

https://crossroadsibogaine.com

https://experienceibogaine.com

https://www.maps.org/research/ibogaine-therapy

addictionblog.org/treatment/a-look-at-ibogaine-treatment-for-heroin-addiction

https://erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Ibogaine

If anyone has access to any medical studies, scientific atricles or even personal experience backed with sound fact based opinions on it, i would love to hear about it?

EDIT:
I did not find any threads about Suboxone dependency having cured Suboxone/Subutex Addicts from Bupreneorphine addiction via iboga bark or ibogaine ta?
Maybe i missed it, if so I'd appreciate the link, either the search function is broken or i'm just green-lighting when i should clearly be blue-lighting, I'm sure it's user error that is if i did miss it, but I'd like to state that i have no problem with other forums search features. Just in case...

Last edited:
Yeah the mobile site doesn't work great but quite soon the admins are supposed to have a new mobile site in place that works better.

Anyway, I've used ibogaine to interrupt my 10-year opiate addiction and quit, but I was on poppy tea and kratom. It was nothing short of a miracle for me. I will say I've heard that it doesn't tend to work as well for the super long-lasting ones like suboxone and methadone, though I've heard of cases where it did work just as well. I've read that many clinics will make you actually get back on a short-acting, mild opiate, kratom, maybe codeine, something like that, and get past the suboxone stuff first because it has a much higher success rate with short-acting ones.

Don't take what I said as 100% truth, I haven't tried using ibogaine to get past suboxone, I'm just repeating what I've heard. I will say that the most tapered down you are when you take it, the better it will work. When I did it, I was on poppy tea (a long-lasting one), and I tapered down for a week before, and then for another week directly before I took ibogaine I switched to kratom only and only used it a few times over the week when withdrawal got really bad. I got to the point where I had sort of been through the bulk of the withdrawal from poppy tea already when I took it, and I think that really helped me get the most out of the experience.

Yeah the mobile site doesn't work great but quite soon the admins are supposed to have a new mobile site in place that works better.

Anyway, I've used ibogaine to interrupt my 10-year opiate addiction and quit, but I was on poppy tea and kratom. It was nothing short of a miracle for me. I will say I've heard that it doesn't tend to work as well for the super long-lasting ones like suboxone and methadone, though I've heard of cases where it did work just as well. I've read that many clinics will make you actually get back on a short-acting, mild opiate, kratom, maybe codeine, something like that, and get past the suboxone stuff first because it has a much higher success rate with short-acting ones.

Don't take what I said as 100% truth, I haven't tried using ibogaine to get past suboxone, I'm just repeating what I've heard. I will say that the most tapered down you are when you take it, the better it will work. When I did it, I was on poppy tea (a long-lasting one), and I tapered down for a week before, and then for another week directly before I took ibogaine I switched to kratom only and only used it a few times over the week when withdrawal got really bad. I got to the point where I had sort of been through the bulk of the withdrawal from poppy tea already when I took it, and I think that really helped me get the most out of the experience.

Thank you for your reply, and good to know about the new mobile renovations.
I used poppy tea for 3 years after countless pills quit working for me, currently I'm on suboxone sublingual films around 4mg per day to stay well.
I'm entertaining the idea of using ibogaine to get off of it.
I'm currently running out of options as I've been without suboxone doc for 2 months, I've been using "iso" alcohol to stretch my doses as far as i can, removing some of the Naloxone. Unfortunately i may have to iv to stay out of WD's until I can do something about my lack of suppliers of bupreneorphine (not asking for any suppliers, i know that is against most forums rules and should be).

Have you heard any way to make ibogaine work for suboxone dependency or any other long acting agonist?

Last edited:
I think it's not that it definitely won't work, it's just that it seems to do better against short-acting opiates. I'm not sure why exactly, but my guess is that it's primarily because with something like heroin or oxy or kratom or whatever, the withdrawal lasts for a much shorter time than suboxone's withdrawal, so that once the post-ibogaine metabolites clear out of your system, you're pretty much entirely past it, versus with suboxone you might still be in the middle of it.

Is kratom an option? It's legally available and short-acting, and it hits the delta and mu opioid receptors. In my experience and my reading, ibogaine works the best if you get mostly past withdrawal first. What I did was stop taking poppy tea a week or so before my dose and I took kratom to help me out whenever I couldn't handle it. before that, I tapered down my poppy tea dose. My goal was to get as far into withdrawal as I could so I had the best chance of it really curing me. I thought of it as myself doing my part of the work before introducing iboga. I feel that it paid off, it changed my life and I've never had another opiate craving since. I won't even touch kratom since it's an opiate (by the way if you do get clean successfully, don't think you can use kratom. it gets way too much of a pass from so many people who claim it's not an opiate or that it's not addictive, because it is an opiate and it is addictive).

If you happen to call some of the more well known ibogaine clinics in countries that have kept it legal you will learn they encourage their clients to switch to a full agonist for a few months before the treatment. It is common for these clinics to have you switch to a shorter acting full agonist for up to 30 days. The fact that bupe has such a high affinity and long half life makes it less appropriate for ibogaine treatment. Many clinics refuse to work with those on suboxone unless they switch. Sounds confusing but make some calls and you will see what I am talking about.