View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ibogaine and dissociation.

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
This is a question for those that have used Ibogaine and arylcyclohexylamines.

I have a lot of experience with arylcyclohexylamines and the dissociation that they cause. What I would like to know is the dissociation on Ibogaine comparable or is it in its own league?

I've researched Ibogaine a lot and have never read anywhere of the two classes of drugs being compared. I know they're both NMDA receptor antagonists.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Hey there, there is some similarity but ibogaine is very unique. The similarity pretty much involves just the physical uncoordination at full doses. Walking is similarly difficult. The mental dissociation is quite different, it is much more like dreaming.

Hey there, there is some similarity but ibogaine is very unique. The similarity pretty much involves just the physical uncoordination at full doses. Walking is similarly difficult. The mental dissociation is quite different, it is much more like dreaming.

Thank you Xorkoth. I would have read your reply earlier,but it wasn't showing on my alerts.

I'm delaying the flood dose,not sure why really,maybe it's the whole thing of starting a new life. I even bought another 750g of Kratom which has put another three weeks on the date till flood. Another part is the trepidation of taking such a powerful plant medicine.

Trepidation only makes sense. Just know that, for me, and seemingly for most people, ibogaine is not frightening, even though it's extremely intense.