• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Iboga (scraps)

phosphene_glow said:
WOW, is the raw root bark that strong then? But that's just the bark right. Like if one has whole root then does one scrape the bark off? Or do you mean the whole root? Jesus, I was thinking of simmering and drinking the whole 50 grams of ground whole root and drinking that. Would it have killed me?
He was talking about a 5X extract of iboga. The plant and rootbark itself is rather weak and 50 mg isn't that huge of a dose. Sometimes, dosages of 1.5 grams of greater or PURE IBOGAINE are known to be used.

OK, I'm really trying to get a fix on preparation. Consider me a hardhead, in many ways. Not theoretically speaking, if I had TI root of 50 grams, should I say boil it and then grind it as fine as possible like Caapi, and make several decoctions until only some few ounces remain and then just drink? Or does one need some acidification or other additive. Also, I guess 50 gms then isn't much? Or can one still expect some realizations? Thanks. There's in fact absolutely no real preparation manuals for this root on the net.

Do you have two days to spare? Are you going to have someone watching you? There have been several deaths linked to ibogaine.

The natives of Gabon, and other reagons where it comes from, are said to ususally just eat the dried root raspings. They didn't prepare it in any way. So maybe there is no prep. Start chowing down on your root. Be sure to write up your report.

if you were to treat it like yohimbe bark tea, or yage, you would get a good yield...
there is a prep on the net (for T. iboga) using, i think, vinegar as the acid phase extraction, and maybe ummm ammonia water (or some other basic solution - bicarb, NaOH, i forget) which yielded pretty much quantitiative freebase ppt...
& i suppose it would work equally well for tabernanthine & voacangine...

Last edited:
morninggloryseed said:
If you can find "The Healing Journey" by Claudio Naranjo, it has chapters on the use of ibogaine in psychotherapy, as well as MDA and harmaline. It is out of print, so good luck.

The 5th chapter of "The Healing Journey" can be found on the link below:

IBOGAINE: FANTASY AND REALITY

This chapter is, AFAIK, all there is about ibogaine in that book. Correct me if I'm wrong.

i found some good info but i guess we cant talk of availablity here... send me a private message and ill tell you where to look...

no i havent tried yet... dont have 100e..... someday though...

I've looked to see if I had posted my report but can't see it so I'll put it on trip reports now

hmm. I tried vocanga seeds, 20 seeds seem a good point to start, the seeds seem to have less stimulant properties than iboga root.

well...
the primary alkaloid in the seeds is reported to be tabersonine, which is much closer to yohimbine & reserpine & ajmalicine, than it is to ibogaine, tabernanthine, or voacangine...

well, i tried 150 seeds of voacanga africana and didn't get any results...

how closely related to ibogaine is this voacanga africana? Is it readily available here in the US, or will i have to do some ordering? Ive been interested in ibogaine for what seems like forever...hopefully this other plant will give me a taste of it...

ummmm...
well, you can look up the chem names i dropped here in this thread...
or, you could look in TIHKAL under the ibogaine entry...
or you could check out ott's _pharmacotheon_ ...
or not...

If anyone is planning on doing it or knows someone who has please post. I've been interested in trying it for a while but have decided to hold off due to the reported bodyload/nausea. I often wonder how bad it actaully is. Alot people get sick off mescaline/ayahusca but I can usually those things with out any problems.