• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(IBOGA)- moderate experience - It's a long one.

Amazing report.

I might have missed this in the report but how many days were you in the "trip"/have hallucinations?

This is one of those substances I want to try for the inward voyage someday.

3 days.

The first 12 hours were spent in what I call "The Dark Phase" of the voyage: Visions of darkness, destruction, all the evils in the world, ranging from crime in NYC to crime in Africa to the media brainwashing the people.

Then the "purge" (throwing up) marked the transition into Day 2: "The Light Phase," which was filled with Divine Light and lightness, great feelings of peace, and visions of birds, beautiful insects, and also an inner journey I neglected to mention that seemed to be a glimpse into some futuristic/alien civilization.

Then some more horrific visions (of shooting games of old Europe, of myself as a rotting corpse) marked the transition into day 3: "The Empty Phase," which was essentially neutral. It was marked by a great feeling of zen-like emptiness, extreme rootedness in the present moment, and simplicity of mind.

The main experience lasts 2-3 days, but I would set aside at least a week for the experience with a few days beforehand to mentally prepare and fast (or at least eat lightly). The experience demands a LOT of time and space for integration. You'll be thinking about it for a long time, I guarantee it.

great report, long indeed but worth it.

iboga seems like a very serious substance. not something to be taken lightly. also one that seems to require a lot of dedication, and a sitter. not sure how this will work with people using it for addiction, meaning that it seems rather incontrollable, and thus focusing the trip towards alleviating something like addiction seems hard to do.

whtas interesting is that part of the realizations you had during the trip have come up to me as well but on "less" serious substances. especially the one about what it means to behuman, connectedness to the earth, simplicity and gratitude... are recuring themes in my mushrooms trips (especially, not exclusively).

the experience resembles a rite of passage. if so, im not yet ready for it, but glad others on the other side are here to give us insights

thank you very much for sharing

The thing that worries me about iboga is that I keep reading many reports of people feeling really depressed once iboga wears off. I keep hearing that when you take iboga your high for a few weeks to a month, even makes folks type a long post, but when that high wears down folks are then depressed badly. For opiate users it seems that these post acute syndrome keeps coming few weeks after iboga consumptions. Dont get me wrong I want to do try the iboga to help my subutex-detox but I know 11 people who took iboga for sub and methadone and all of them have gone back to opiates including long acting opiate ones i.e methadone and subutex-suboxone. This worries me greatly. They all claimed withdrawals, cravings and paws came and hit them hard espeacially with the depression. They all say it only gives you few days to weeks up to a month high and when that goes thats where the fun starts.. I really don't know now.

I took iboga for opiate addiction, when I was in light withdrawals (I had managed to abstain for 1 week instead of the 2 I meant to), and I have felt amazing ever since and didn't ever experience any PAWS (though I have in the past). I took it 3.5 months ago. Seems like people have many different experiences, some aspects of this story resonate with me but overall my experience was very different from it. I wrote mine up too but if you thought this was long...

(Here it is if interested: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/723353-Ibogaine-(flood-dose)-First-Time-Into-The-Flood)

Great report RhythmSpring, I hadn't read this yet. :) Iboga certainly is incredibly powerful. Hard to explain too, really.

The main experience lasts 2-3 days, but I would set aside at least a week for the experience with a few days beforehand to mentally prepare and fast (or at least eat lightly). The experience demands a LOT of time and space for integration. You'll be thinking about it for a long time, I guarantee it.

Yeah, I still think about it a lot, almost every day. I didn't give myself enough time before I went back to work, on the 5th day I went back to work (but I work at home). It was too soon, and caused me some difficulties which almost threw the whole thing off track. Fortunately a follow-up dose on day 7 helped me to wrap it up and get to where I am now.

And yes, a sitter is of supreme importance. I don't care if you do every other psychedelic without a sitter (as is the case with me), ibogaine is different.

OP, I only read about 90% of your report so forgive me if this was covered; did you use Iboga/ine to help you get over opiate addiction?

Being a long time slave to heroin and then methadone, the success stories of people who have used this substance have really piqued my interest. Everything else aside, a great TR.

I think he just used it to use it, but I did it for opiate addiction and it worked like a miracle for me. If you're interested you can read my report, I linked to it above. But it's much longer than this. I've been told it contains more useful and detailed information than anything else people have read. Additionally I did it at home with supervision (not enough supervision though), rather than going to a clinic, which is many times cheaper and doesn't require travel. Feel free to PM me about it too.

One thing, it is recommended that you switch to a short half-life full agonist opiate before taking ibogaine, it doesn't seem to work as well with methadone. Something like codeine, oxy, hydro, or kratom would be best (I switched from poppy tea to kratom). I hesitate to recommend heroin but many clinics suggest people switch back to heroin until the methadone clears. Personally I think a weaker opiate would be better. It's ideal to get off opiates completely first but I know that's easier said than done.