View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

iboga affect cannabinoid receptors?

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
Does ibogaine or any of the alkaloids found in iboga affect the cannabinoid receptors?

According to Wikipedia, it doesn't have affinity for the cannabinoid receptors, or at least not high enough to list :)

In my experience, after a few days microdossing iboga, i noticed a big reduction on my cannabis tolerance; like, it started hitting me about 10 times more than normal... had a bad experience were i felt i overdose on cannabis (i take it orally) and later i noticed that it was enough to eat about 10 times less to get the same effect.

According to Wikipedia, it doesn't have affinity for the cannabinoid receptors, or at least not high enough to list :)

Yeah, but it looks like it only listed mu-opioid and k-opioid receptor activity. From what I've read it's got receptor activity all ovvvver the place. There's got to be more than that.
...not to mention what noribogaine does (what a headache...).

In my experience, after a few days microdossing iboga, i noticed a big reduction on my cannabis tolerance; like, it started hitting me about 10 times more than normal... had a bad experience were i felt i overdose on cannabis (i take it orally) and later i noticed that it was enough to eat about 10 times less to get the same effect.

Yes, I've had similar bad experiences combining the two. Cannabis felt too heavy. Oral here, too.
You think that's a function of (nor)iboga(ine)'s effect on the actual cannabinoid receptors? Or some indirect function of increased awareness of one's own overall body and mind?
Or, are they one in the same?

Here to ask the hard questions, I guess. :p

Yeah, but it looks like it only listed mu-opioid and k-opioid receptor activity. From what I've read it's got receptor activity all ovvvver the place. There's got to be more than that.
...not to mention what noribogaine does (what a headache...).

Agreed. Wikipedia is good to go off to begin with though. I'm sure some more simple Google searches would yield what OP's looking for.

Alright! I found what I was looking for!!

Ibogaine-receptor-affinity.jpg

It looks like it barely touches the cannabinoid receptors (I assume those are the "CB2" and "CB1" all the way down at the right).

simple Google searches
8)

I didn't mean to imply anything by that, but literally it took me a 3 word Google search to find that image :p

I don´t know how it does it,neither if everyone would get the same effect, but some friend had the same experience. A big cannabis user, and after microdossing for a while, like the 3rd or 4th day, he suddenly felt cannabis was much stronger. How could that be? I read some people saying it kind of refresh or reset your receptors, but that to me sound like pseudoscience. It would be necessary a larger study, double blinded and with control group to get a proper ideas, but let´s speculated that it actually lowers cannabis tolerance. What would be the mechanism at a neuropharmacological level?
What can ibogaine make your biochemistry receptors do to lower cannabis tolerance, if it does?

A study just came out that found giving people with opiate tolerances small doses actually reversed tolerance, so if iboga has a very small affinity for cannabinoid receptors it could be reversing tolerance via the same mechanism.

iboga is an mazingly useful drug with the ability to de-attached us from the others. We are so lucky, and i feel so grateful

I felt a potentialisation of cannabis effect too with microdosing iboga TA extract. In my opinion, this is not the tolerance of cannabis that decreased thanks to iboga, but the combined effetcs of iboga NMDA activity (and others...) with cannabis effect. For me cannabis (smoked less than usual) was better with iboga microdosage because less exausting/confusing and more psychedelic.

Iboga gave me a appreciation of sobriety in general. and made me stop weed which was a very good thing for me, my pattern of usage was extreme to the point of detrimental. It seems to work for all drugs so it's doubtful it's just receptor activity, but if not how do we explain it - purely psychological? Perhaps there is some general chemical underpinning to dependance - dopamine/reward? I don't know but what a unique and wonderful medicine

Yeah, iboga certainly saved/changed my life. It's the most powerful medicine I've ever had.

While I've not use Ibogaine at all myself, perhaps thikal is on the right track. MXE has very much the same effect on cannabis for myself and many others, so maybe NMDA has something to do with it.