• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I would like to try GHB, what would be precautions to take to avoid trouble?

Deioflaje

Greenlighter
I would only seek to use once or twice a week around the house as a relaxant similar to people have a couple of beers or joints. I happen to hate both of those.
I love my kratom but want something to alternate between due to tolerance.

Phenibut effects sound good but the super long half life and sever dependence curve make it unappealing for me to try. I tried baclofen and it felt dirty on the body to me (tried 2 different brands to rule that out and same effect).

F-phenibut sounds much better than phenibut although its unresearched nature puts me off.

As a hypochodriac Ghb sounds like the ultimate clean drug, being naturally occuring to the body, however the risk of overdose make it rather daunting.

I would only buy from a rep source once I did my research and go for powder as people say that is the best way to know the strength.

I was thinking you could just allocate the maximum dose for the day then lock the rest in a lockbox and put the key in a coded safe and save the code on a computer where it couldn't be accessed until another day.

It is not THAT moreish is it? I know some people find it so but they sound like the 'abuser' cross section of society who would be abusing anything rather than distinct to the drug; like how some people abuse phenibut or kratom but they are neither particularly addictive.

Thoughts as to other considerations? Like I say I would just intend to be around the house so not a problem to just fall asleep but I would be alone (as always) so it isn't risky depression wise is it so long as you didn't take a grossly large amount?

Yes, especially if you like gabaergic stuff, it is quite moorish. Much more so than phenibut (which for whatever reason I found moorish too) or alprazolam or other benzos. I would only take it not too long before bed at the end of the day, so I could sleep off any urge to redose (but I can be horribly compulsive with drug use so ymmv).

If you experience issues with compulsive drug use this will probably be a big concern with you. Frankly I’m not sure GHB would make a good substance to alternate days off kratom with. It isn’t without issues, but phenibut would probably be an all around safer choice than GHB/GBL. Likewise you might look into baclofen - it’s a weird drug, but it would almost certainly work better for your purposes than anything else you mentioned.

The biggest concern with GHB is OD. Be very careful to properly measure doses and label the bottle. It’s not a bad idea to put some food coloring in the stuff so people know it isn’t water. Hell labeling it as “window cleaner” to keep people away would be a bad idea (not to mention is would probably make an acceptable cleaning product lol).

Besides OD, poly drug use is also an issue. It is much more likely you’ll OD combining GHB with alcohol, benzos or opioids.

And then there is dependency. Once a week you should be fine, but you’ll still build tolerance over time. Dependency from GHB is absolutely horrible from what I hear, and it is best avoided. Frankly I’d have a supply of baclofen or diazepam or something in hand just in case that ever becomes an issue (in order words an emergency supply you don’t use unless absolutely necessary).

Beside OD and dependency I’m not sure there are any big issues. But those are huge issues. Why not try something like diazepam or a benzo? Still have the dependency issue, but they’re a little easier to deal with all around.

I would say GHB is more fun than phenibut but it is just so hard to dose. You either don't do enough or you do so much that you pass the fuck out and cannot be woken up. This can be especially frustrating when you are a new user. Also as you said its easy to OD and die and I hear death by GHB is very painful. I'd rather take phenibut because I can buy it in capsules and I know to take 3(750mg)... and I know I wont get so fucked up I can go about my day without crashing my car or screaming at the postman.

It's been a long time since I've done GHB but tbh it doesn't sound like you'll like it much more than the others if they're not your deal... but my advice would be to keep the following in mind if you do try it.

1. To emphasize what someone else already stated above - it's probably not a good substance to play with if you have an issue with compulsive drug use, that could be a dangerous road to end up on.

2. How GHB affects you can be determined each time by numerous factors, i.e how much sleep you've had, how much you've eaten, etc. I know for myself and many others that I could take a cap one night and be affected by it in a certain way, and then the next time I do it, I will take the same amount and it could affect me totally differently.

3. I personally couldn't see myself using it as a relaxant, alone by myself in the evenings. It's a lot more "loopy" and euphoric than just having a couple of beers or a joint. I know that for myself, I'd probably end up doing some stupid shit.

4. Be careful what you mix it with (prescriptions, supplements, other substances etc).

Not that useful, I know... but be safe. <3

I was a GBL addict in 2010-2012 back when we could get it in the mail from Poland. Now a lot of the G is Chinese and not as good quality. It is very addictive. You end up dosing more and more often. G can cause awful and embarrassing black outs and odd behavior. You have to be very careful dosing, use a pipette. GHB and GBL require different doses, you take less GBL than GHB. But a lot of it you don't really know what it is. GBL must be diluted in water or juice as it is a mucus membrane irritant. I knew a girl who overdosed and died as a result of taking a swig rather than a measured dose. My advice is don't start taking G, it caused a lot of problems in my life. And the more often you take it the less of a buzz you end up getting. We used to get a liter and it would last over a month for two people but I went to jail, my parents hated me and I acted a fool on G.

Hmm maybe I will give F-phenibut a shot then and keep my fingers crossed it isn't harmful.

G isn't really that suitable for practical purposes from the sounds of it as I would also like something to take tactically to go out on as well. The phens sound like good all rounders in that regard.

I am mainly just fascinated to see what it feels like to take a drug endogenous to the body.

1. Less Is More.
2. Do NOT mix with alcohol. (DEATH, Bubba!)

Hmm maybe I will give F-phenibut a shot then and keep my fingers crossed it isn't harmful.

G isn't really that suitable for practical purposes from the sounds of it as I would also like something to take tactically to go out on as well. The phens sound like good all rounders in that regard.

I am mainly just fascinated to see what it feels like to take a drug endogenous to the body.

Phenibut isn't too far off from a gaba molecule

1280px-Phenibut_and_analogues.png

There's nothing special about abusing a drug which is also found endogenously, in fact its pretty asinine to ascribe any positive qualities to a drug, or think its somehow safer or cleaner(whatever that means), because of it.

I mean, the actual effects of say methamphetamine or MDMA are directly caused by DA, NE, and 5HT, but you wouldn't think they are safer drugs than say psilocybin because they cause the release of endogenous neurotransmitters instead of an exogenous compound binding directly to a 5HT receptor.

Last edited:
The double bonds?

All I can see is the hexagon with the lines in. =D

So that's what they are? That's the difference between gabapentin and phenibut?

Op - IMO whilst ghb might sound like the "ultimate clean drug" it is far from natural feeling IMO. That dirty feeling you got off baclofen may very well be the same dirty feeling that seems to be affiliated with these gaba drugs in general. Phenibut, ghb, gbl; they all have this kind of wired twingey vibe to me.

I would only seek to use once or twice a week around the house as a relaxant similar to people have a couple of beers or joints. I happen to hate both of those.
I love my kratom but want something to alternate between due to tolerance. ...

Phenibut effects sound good but the super long half life and sever dependence curve make it unappealing for me to try.
It is not THAT moreish is it? I know some people find it so but they sound like the 'abuser' cross section of society who would be abusing anything rather than distinct to the drug; like how some people abuse phenibut or kratom but they are neither particularly addictive.

I am one off those in the cross section. Although in reality it is a whole other show every one is individual you allready know but just want to put it out. I love Kratom too and used too love GHB/ GBL. I must be kinda hypochodriac too cause unlike the generalisation you put forward about the abuser group. I would not consider heroin bought on the street a good alternative for kratom. But at the time thought GHB was a good alternative for relaxation, like alcohol.

When I compare it with Kratom the GHB/ GBL is a much more involving thing. So be prepared if you take it the effects are short lived ultra short lived. Nothing like the slow come up Kratom gives with it's gradual comedown.
If you are afraid of Phenibut addictional property's. Be aware of those of GHB. They are way worse then Kratom's. Stick withKratom if you got any plan's for the direct future is my advise. At a certain point of dosing GHB will cause withdrawal when the drug is cleared. So your or redosing or experiencing pain, I did the latter. But was unknown about it's addictiveness, it was so called harmless.

Never got addicted to Phenibut because the effects are shitty. Does seem to have a purpose for getting people of GHB.

All I can see is the hexagon with the lines in. =D

So that's what they are? That's the difference between gabapentin and phenibut?

Op - IMO whilst ghb might sound like the "ultimate clean drug" it is far from natural feeling IMO. That dirty feeling you got off baclofen may very well be the same dirty feeling that seems to be affiliated with these gaba drugs in general. Phenibut, ghb, gbl; they all have this kind of wired twingey vibe to me.

Yup, the six sided thing at the bottom is a carbon ring. The diff between gbp and phenibut is the double bonds where you see two parallel lines. I forget the name of that structure, but very common :(

Gabapentin has a cyclohexyl ring ~ Phenibut has a Phenyl ring. Both look similar to the very common Benzene ring.

The presence of the phenyl ring allows phenibut to cross the blood?brain barrier significantly, unlike the case of GABA. Phenibut also contains the trace amine β-phenethylamine in its structure.
Phenibut is closely related to a variety of other GABA analogues including baclofen (β-(4-chlorophenyl)-GABA), 4-fluorophenibut (β-(4-fluorophenyl)-GABA), tolibut (β-(4-methylphenyl)-GABA), pregabalin ((S)-β-isobutyl-GABA), gabapentin (1-(aminomethyl)cyclohexane acetic acid), and GABOB (β-hydroxy-GABA). It has almost the same chemical structure as baclofen, differing from it only in having a hydrogen atom instead of a chlorine atom at the para position of the phenyl ring. Phenibut is also close in structure to pregabalin, which has an isobutyl group at the β position instead of phenibut's phenyl ring.
wiki

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11830761
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11830761

That chart above is cool but not optically correct.

th

Gabapentin

th

Last edited: