I would like to place a formal complaint about foreigner thretaining to ban me for nothing, and I mean nothing its getting old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
It just so happens the most interesting part of the forum is moderated by a mod that seems to have it out for me if you dont beleive me look up the comments(in stupid people), Jess fr and others also said what I said and lots more to, he said nothing to them I have chosen my wording around him carefully contributed my opinion and not put anything silly just so I cant give him an excuse if foreinger wants to discuss thiss here post on post instead of hidin behind all his threats that is welcome to, all I want is to be able to post the same opinion as everyone dose and not get picked out by somone who clearly has a massive ego problem again if foreinger wants to discuss why hes being a wanker to me im here or in my message

Pete please take my advice.

Just wait out the ban. Come back. Forget all this shit.

It's not worth it.

I appreciate that you think P&S is the most interesting forum. Thank you :)

Pete, you are more than welcome to keep participating in P&S, you just have to follow the rules. You can't question moderator actions in public because it disrupts topics with personal gripes and it creates bad faith. The proper way to report things are through private message or the "Report Post" function.

Furthermore, making digs at other members in rudeness is also a show of bad faith and is not in line with the kind of community we're creating here. If you want to post in a place that has much more relaxed attitude about heckling other users, please do so in The Lounge. P&S is a sensitive place because people of all philosophies, religions, ideas and backgrounds post things that are personal to them. It's not a place for call outs or displays of hostility.

In P&S, we discuss ideas, not each other. Please re-familiarize yourself with the P&S posting guidelines, paying particular attention to #1, #4 and #5.

In the future, if you have a problem with a mod, please either contact them or their superior by PM to talk about it. We are open to hearing your feedback!

Same old shit. Get insulted and it’s fine but insult someone else and your banned.
It’s a joke

Ali are you saying calling someone a wanker is grounds to be banned?

i'm saying don't claim you're an innocent martyr who's being oppressed in a post in which you insult staff. all you do is vindicate the staff for the action they took.

alasdair

the rules at bl are pretty simple. if people decide they want to break them, that's on them.

alasdair

Mmmmm....not sure the same rules apply to everyone though but never mind eh.

Mmmmm....not sure the same rules apply to everyone though but never mind eh.

The staff here take double standards very seriously. If you think something has been overlooked, please report it. Staff can't get away with anything here.

The staff here take double standards very seriously. If you think something has been overlooked, please report it. Staff can't get away with anything here.

This is absolutely true. We will not tolerate such behaviour. If you have something you feel should be looked into, anyone is able to PM any (or all) of the admin, or send a note to [email protected] and we will check into it.

Yes good idea, I’ll report the people doing these things to the people that are doing these things. I’m sure that will work out great.
To be fair it’s not as bad as when Ali and sj were doing it. Blatantly instigate things then delete or edit posts to make the target look like they were in the wrong the ban them.
Was mainly in cep though

Yes good idea, I’ll report the people doing these things to the people that are doing these things. I’m sure that will work out great.

If you have a better solution, we're always open to new ideas.

Its polite to try and keep threads on topic. Soso78, you're welcome to start another thread here if you have something you wish to discuss...

Something behind the psychology of lurking on a large BB with lots of different forums is because different forums may have different expectations of users. The sort of back and forth, shit stirring we get in The Lounge isn't really acceptable elsewhere on the website. I think that as adults we can understand this idea; have an area to blow off steam, while the rest of the forum is mainly for serious discussion. Forums like P&S- they are "serious" forums where the standard of discourse is a bit higher than in some other forums, and it can take a little while to adapt to that. Staff are understanding of this and try to be lenient, but this can only be extended so far.

all I want is to be able to post the same opinion as everyone dose and not get picked out by somone who clearly has a massive ego problem again if foreinger wants to discuss why hes being a wanker to me im here or in my message

Its really difficult to defend this sort of stuff.

If you are still unclear- mate, it is precisely that sort of shit that we don't accept. You are asking to be treated fairly; fine, that is a reasonable request. Its not reasonable to call someone a wanker and insult them, and that is why you keep running into trouble here. There really isn't much that can justify this stuff.

I think that if you just tone your posting down a bit, you'll be fine here. Ultimately, this is up to you.

What sort of a circle jerk is this? lmao
Everybody here is guilty of being some kind of wanker, and we all know it.
I'm a wanker, you're a wanker, we're all wankers...yes we are.
I agree that vulgarity is not becoming, but strewth possums...the guy is upset and expressing himself.
You'd have to be a bloody wanker to focus on that one word, instead of his actual message.
He has a point.
I have been banned by wankers for being a wanker, and frankly, that is not to BL's credit.

Everybody here is guilty of being some kind of wanker, and we all know it.
I'm a wanker, you're a wanker, we're all wankers...yes we are.

I don't believe I can hold an argument against that statement.

You'd have to be a bloody wanker to focus on that one word, instead of his actual message.
He has a point.

I believe you are bright enough to recognize there may be more to our decision than 'that one word', no? That there may exist a collection of unapproved or deleted posts, private messages, or other material to support out decision making? It should be considered at least possible that we are acting on more than just 'one word', even if it isn't all publicly available.

In the end, this site historically bends over backwards trying to give benefit of the doubt and extra chances. Those on the offending side will always see such decisions as quick or unjustified. But for those who are asked to tolerate such extended behaviour and exercise more patience than normally expected, by the time such a decision is made there is relief about finally addressing a problematic member and NOT being asked to continue to take crap any further. There is generally a good bit behind such decisions, they aren't taken lightly. But when they are taken, we have had our patience exhausted and it is laid squarely on the member to abide by our rules or be kept off site, we have given them more time and attention than they deserve. Time and attention that could have been spent more productively for the well behaving members of the site.

I'm not saying our actions can't be questioned. But for public knowledge, our actions are not done lightly. Nor are they done quickly, as anyone experienced with 'Bluelight Time' can attest.

I have been banned by wankers for being a wanker

For example, I am genuinely surprised that I am not banned right now as a direct result of my comment above.
I have been banned for less, and therefor I no longer feel confident to engage meaningfully in conversations

I seem to be missing something here - can you explain how you're unable to have meaningful conversations if you're unable to call people wankers?

insults and name calling prevents meaningful conversations, rather than facilitating them

Status
Not open for further replies.