• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I was on meth for about 3 1/2 months. Can I stay clean on my own no rehab?

I can't stress enough that my commentary regarding Meth has literally nothing to do with the people using it. The drug is the problem. Any human can become addicted to drugs. Don't feel bad guys, it's just an insidious substance.
The drug is poison you wright.mr.Richards...this crystal

Easy man...Guess you are young or even,if you are old,the human mind and body has incredible capabilities to heal itselfs...if you are patient enough and hold the frontline without using meth.For example-docs. said,that an opiate addiction need about an year sobriety for full recover.For meth-3 years.....If this is true,than especially meth creates very heavy psychologic addiction,more strong even than opiates......for some

Methamphetamine is poison man. Every time you put that shit in your body, you are increasing the likelihood of ending up as one of the babbling, crazy ghouls running around downtown and I'm very sad to say that the damage is mostly permanent by most accounts. Think very hard about what you want. I've seen brilliant minds reduced to fucking madness in the span of two years. I made it 10 years without crying for another Heroin user and as I sit here I have a tear in my eye thinking about how I might never know these same people again, as I knew them once before. It's fucking bulshit. Methamphetamine is no joke and this is from someone who has touched dead bodies, narcan'd four different people with a smile on my face.

Methamphetamine use classified as fairly heavy would be about a gram per day. That's not to say there aren't folks using 3.5g a day of crystal meth, but that would be the very, very high end. Using a gram of Meth a day implies you're in the professional leagues, because 50mg of the Dextrometh that is out on the street would have a naive user tweaking for a full day. So, there are people using a gram per day simply to function.
it is wild the damage im observing in people over this shit.... and STILL have friends crossing over. how you can walk around a major metropolitan city atm and be like "you know what? I wanna roll the dice w THAT," is 100% beyond me.

I’m doing better somewhat dude but I really wanna kill myself kind of, I fear I’ve made a grave mistake and ruined my life
Well don't go do that! You'll be fine if you just stay off of the stuff, you didn't ruin your life. When I was your age I had a lot of anxiety. It'll settle down as you get older.

Just stay clean and find stuff to do and friends to hang out with.

Focus on what career you want and make a plan to save/invest as much money as you can while you are young, which will put you ahead of most people by your late 20s.

Are you on sertraline or anything for your anxiety? OCD + anxiety disorder is going to make you feel like there's damage when there's not, I remember after being on amphetamine paste for a year as a study aid I developed an anxiety disorder and I genuinely couldn't distinguish the comedown/brain fog feeling from the confusion brought on by constant noradrenaline from the anxiety. The chances you've done actual damage is so low, and then even if you had done a little you'd be well on your way to recovered by now.

I’m doing better somewhat dude but I really wanna kill myself kind of, I fear I’ve made a grave mistake and ruined my life.
Come on man you'll be fine, you did meth for 3-4 months and stopped, don't overthink this too much. I guarantee your brain is not damaged in any way whatsoever, meth is not as toxic as some people think.
You clearly have other issues that you need to address, just focus on that, keep moving forward and forget about the hypothetical damage you may or may not have done to yourself over such a short period of time (because it's really insignificant).

Yes, it is possible,
Get yo ass a manual labor job, stick to pot & beer/red bulls.
Thank me later,