• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I want to try Opiates/ or poppyseed tea but have next to no drug experience...

Dabinkov

Greenlighter
So I am 5"8 168LBS and have taken next to ni drugs in my life recreationally, The only drug that I do regularly is adderall ranging between 30mg-60mg. I've tried promethize once but fell asleep in one of my classes and didn't wake up for the whole lecture and barely got out of class without my teacher asking my why I was passed out. I want to try Poppyseed tea over the weekend since ivy heard that it's a good high and I can obtain the seeds legally, could you guys tell me if I should start out with something stronger? Or suggest me something weaker in pill form? Besides that I have a really good friend who recently went through a really bad break up (his GF cheated on him with 2 other guys) he went to me since I'm known as "the drug dude" in our friend group I have no fucking idea what I should give him to just help him feel better or forget about it, I talked to him for some info so I can decide what I should get him, He's 110LBS 5'6 and no prior drug experience. I was thinking a forth of a 2mg xanie bar since I've heard that it makes you forget about everything. But i have no idea if That'll help him, I'm sure the dosage is fine though. I hope y'all can help me out with this. Seriously appreciate the help. Also I'm sorry for saying my friend but it's true, I'm 50LBS heavier then him and don't know if his body can handle my dosages,

Don't combine any benzos like Xanax with any opiates like the poppy seed tea, and don't combine any alcohol with opiates either as people have overdosed and died from this combination.

Be extremely careful with the opiates a lot of people wind up addicted to them, and your friend that is depressed should be careful as that's how some people get addicted they take drugs when they are feeling sad or depressed and the next thing they know they're addicted.

Don't combine any benzos like Xanax with any opiates like the poppy seed tea, and don't combine any alcohol with opiates either as people have overdosed and died from this combination..
I know, I'm asking how much should I make, and should I suggest my friend a cup of poppyseed tea or a quarter bar of Xanax. As well as how much poppyseed tea should I drink? Also what should I take for my first time? Poppyseed tea or something like a really low Dose of Percocet? I don't have an addictive personality and I have a limited supply of both, my friend supply is me and if I notice he's going to me really often and begging me for more tea or xanies then I'll cut him off, he doesn't have the knowledge on how to make the tea and knows no one else who sells

Last edited:
Sorry, I was looking for advice, this seemed like the best place todo so, I won't make another post asking for help

I would really advise not getting into poppy seed tea, because its extremely insidious if you get into it.
I mean, there are no other illegal drugs you can buy from supermarkets and such.
Personally i was addicted to opiates for years, and spent a lot of that time maintaining my habit with poppy seed and poppy pod tea.

It's extremely addictive, extremely messy (in many different ways) - and actually one of the hardest opiates to withdraw from, because it is so long lasting. Heroin is easier to detox from.

Honestly man, i would steer clear of it if i were you.
I've been there, done that and had a really hard time getting away from it.

I know, I'm asking how much should I make, and should I suggest my friend a cup of poppyseed tea or a quarter bar of Xanax. As well as how much poppyseed tea should I drink? Also what should I take for my first time? Poppyseed tea or something like a really low Dose of Percocet? I don't have an addictive personality and I have a limited supply of both, my friend supply is me and if I notice he's going to me really often and begging me for more tea or xanies then I'll cut him off, he doesn't have the knowledge on how to make the tea and knows no one else who sells
I've never taken or made poppy seed tea. When I was into opiates I would take low or moderate doses of pharmaceutical ones like codeine, oxycodone, or hydrocodone. I know people who did make poppy seed tea and they said how it's a lot more intense than people expect.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions here. It's a good thing that you are asking about dosages for you and your friend who weigh differently, and who react different to different drugs.

Just stay away from opiates in general is my opinion, please don't go there.

I could control meth, coke, etc over the years fine. So I thought I could control opiates too.....No, not happening. It seems harmless in the beginning, an oxy here, or even just a codeine session once a week, twice a week, 3 times a week, then you move up the scale because tolerance WILL build and if you have stronger stuff to mess with like oxy or heroin you will end up there and suddenly just doing a few lines of heroin once or twice a week whilst watching a DVD will become 4-5-6-7 times a week...And your eventually go into WD's.
The only worse thing are benzos which make heroin WDs a piece of piss lol

But if you gotta do it, then you're gonna do it. I can only say don't be tempted to move up the ladder to the harder one once your tolerance kicks in and it doesnt do it for you anymore.

Read my post in the dark side: It's a day to day diary of my recovery. Decide if you think if it's worth it afterwards.

@Spacejunky After reading all of these, I think I'll stick to adderall, besides that thoughts on Xanax?

Last edited:
@F'Loki Benzodiazepines? Worse then Opiodes? But you could control Coke and meth? I don't really get what your saying here? Doesn't make sense to me that you could control something like Coke and meth some of the hardest and most addictive drugs and then say Benzos are horrible, elaborate a slight bit please? I'd imagine Xanax isn't that bad since you can't overdose on it alone unless you swallow a whole bottle

Last edited:
@PreistTheyCalledHim Yea, after reading all of these replies I'm Not touching anything close to opioids, most likely going to split a xanny bar with my friend, I recently got my hands on 5 50mg pills of primidone muscle relaxers, any advice on those? If they're bad i can swap them out for adderall

Last edited:
@Spacejunky After reading all of these, I think I'll stick to adderall, besides that thoughts on Xanax?

Benzos aren't really very fun, but they can still be super addictive and cause issues.
They can be good for anxiety or comedowns occasionally, but i wouldn't call xanax a recreational drug

Benzos aren't really very fun, but they can still be super addictive and cause issues.
They can be good for anxiety or comedowns occasionally, but i wouldn't call xanax a recreational drug
Klonopin is King. Super addictive though (as with all benzos sadly)

@spacejunk What would you say the best is if you want to just relax without smelling like smoke?

@F'Loki Benzodiazepines? Worse then Opiodes? But you could control Coke and meth? I don't really get what your saying here? Doesn't make sense to me that you could control something like Coke and meth some of the hardest and most addictive drugs and then say Benzos are horrible, elaborate a slight bit please? I'd imagine Xanax isn't that bad since you can't overdose on it alone unless you swallow a whole bottle

Sure I can elaborate:

Read into opiates and benzos especially. But this is it in a nutshell:

Benzos are probably the most addictive substances on the planet: I have been through heroin and oxy withdrawals cold turkey and it's a piece of cake to benzo withdrawal. Really. Benzo withdrawal you cannot cold turkey from even moderately high doses because they can and do kill you in the process from seizures and possible strokes. I got hooked from lifelong anxiety/insomnia and self-medicating with the nasty as shit RC benzos and street benzos...I have been struggling with failed tapering from benzos for 10 months and just got off heroin and oxy 2 weeks ago.

Yeah I could control coke and meth: Coke I never really found addictive. Definitely more-ish, but not addictive. Meth was harder to control but I never got hooked (but could've). I can't really explain how I could control my use pretty well with those two substances; I know studies have shown they are some of the most addictive susbtances, but it's vitally important you remember that is very subjective. Go figure. It's different for everyone. My wife can't control her coke use very well at all. So there you go.

So I thought "Hey I can control any drug I take!" - hahahahha

Opiates and Benzos gave me relief from my anxiety and insomnia problems - and heroin and oxy and opiates in general are just a different ballgame than stims - they take away all physical pain, give you a euphoria that sucks you into their arms and take away all mental pain - your deepest problems don't matter when you are on heroin (or speedballing) or other opiates (even high dose dihydrocodeine), you want to be that way all the time and ignore life. At least that's how it is for me and a lot of people at rehab I have spoken to........They suck you in so subtly you will be having withdrawals and getting stuck in that cycle before you know it.

Ask anyone that has been through both benzo WDS and opiate WDs and I guarantee benzos will come out on top every single time as being hardest to kick.

People talk about the fentanyl epidemic - but really there is a benzo epidemic that is sweeping across the West and it's just as bad if not worse. Xanax for me is just as bad as fentanyl. Yeah you are hard pressed to OD on any benzo including Xanax but the addiction is worse than any opiate you could name.

But of course, do what you gotta do. I didn't listen to this either and ended paying for it big time.

F'loki

Yeah, i've done pretty much every drug imaginable, but i had a serious trainwreck with benzos.
Hospital and stuff. Psychosis. Real nasty.

This is years ago, and i was doing more than taking a couple of xanax every now and then (it got out of control very quickly - i'd also been self-medicating for insomnia and to help me deal with some heavy shit that happened).
But yeah, benzos are very dangerous if abused.
Honestly though, they're really not that fun, and in my experience if you do actually take enough benzos to get wasted, you tend to just do dumb things and not remember a damn thing the next day.
Probably one of the least fun abusable drugs around.

Shit that is nasty with the psychosis and hospital. Glad you got through that (sadly I am still going through the withdrawal process but just need be patient and work through it - something I am more confident with a work group).
Yeah totally agree: Not remotely recreational. I basically used them on stim comedowns, a bad trip when I took way way too much acid and then realised I could self-medicate for insomnia.

I was chatting to my 18 year old nephew here in my hometown about what the drug scene is like these days (they had taken MDMA for the first time and knew I took stuff heavily back in the day, and so think wanted to chat to me about it lol) and it seems all the kids are popping Xanax in clubs like candy and it's the new drug of choice. WTF? lol Seems weird to me, what do you get out of that recreationally? I'd rather kids were just sticking to MDMA tbh. Especially since I bet half these Xanax have fent and stuff in them.

Anyway, just my two cents. Not trying to preach. Just I have hit rock bottom from my use of opiates and benzos and I know few people who can successfully 'chip' (actually no one), they always end up getting hooked....That probably isn't true for everyone but it's just my subjective experience.

F'loki

Shit that is nasty with the psychosis and hospital. Glad you got through that (sadly I am still going through the withdrawal process but just need be patient and work through it - something I am more confident with a work group).
Yeah totally agree: Not remotely recreational. I basically used them on stim comedowns, a bad trip when I took way way too much acid and then realised I could self-medicate for insomnia.

I was chatting to my 18 year old nephew here in my hometown about what the drug scene is like these days (they had taken MDMA for the first time and knew I took stuff heavily back in the day, and so think wanted to chat to me about it lol) and it seems all the kids are popping Xanax in clubs like candy and it's the new drug of choice. WTF? lol Seems weird to me, what do you get out of that recreationally? I'd rather kids were just sticking to MDMA tbh. Especially since I bet half these Xanax have fent and stuff in them.

Anyway, just my two cents. Not trying to preach. Just I have hit rock bottom from my use of opiates and benzos and I know few people who can successfully 'chip' (actually no one), they always end up getting hooked....That probably isn't true for everyone but it's just my subjective experience.

F'loki

I dare repeat myself, Xanax SUCKS, KLONOPIN IS KING!!!

@F'Loki Ok so I tried 1mg of Xanax. I know what you said and thought long and hard about it. Decided that I'm probably not gonna get addicted to a single 1mg pill. Fucking nothing happened. I'm pissed off now, I really expected something to happen, at least to feel a little sleepy, literally nothing. I texted my dealer and asked him to swap me adderall for the Xanax and muscle relaxers that he gave me. I'm waiting on his reply, I've been doing those for a little while now and at least those keep me up. I'm not risking addiction by taking a fuck ton more

Last edited:
@Spacejunk I tried it and nothing fucking happened, texted my dealer asking if he can swap what I have left for 6 30mg XR adderalls (I have 4 1/2 1mg tablets back and 4 50mg muscle relaxers) what can you recommend for just having fun or just help for dealing with a break up, I don't really have any limits just I don't like injecting. Adderalls been the funest thing I've been doing for a while now, anything you can suggest that has a slimilar high with more euphoric effects? Or really anything that gives you a rush? I tried vyvance and I just stayed up for 2 days after downing 160mg of it. 120mg was on accident I was waiting for it to kick in like adderall does and I thought I needed to take more and I texted the dude I got it off of and he said there is no rush it's just a passive energy thing, staying up late and euphoria is what I'm "chasing" I haven't taken adderall in weeks tho and I just feel like I want something to take for some fun. I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Last edited: