• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

i want to take xanax....

asvpp

Greenlighter
i recently copped 4 zannies and i have never took these before, my friend sold them to me and i wanna know if i should take a half or a quarter for my first time and how much a quarter or a half effects you..

Depends on what strength they are ( mg)

Effects? If you have anxiety you'll feel relaxed and calm

Me? They put me to sleep. Benzos for me aren't recreational. But I don't have anxiety issues.

Depends on what strength they are ( mg)

Effects? If you have anxiety you'll feel relaxed and calm

Me? They put me to sleep. Benzos for me aren't recreational. But I don't have anxiety issues.

theyre 2mg and ive been having serious anxiety problems and i had an anxiety attack this monday, and my friend told me they would help.. i wanted to take them to get high but im not sure.

2mg is a lot to start with. I dont find benzos on their own that recreational anyway but for anxiety of course they help but dont solve the problem. Take 0.5mg and see how you feel.

2mgs to someone with no benzo tolerance will neuter any panic attack no doubt. Start with 0.5mg, if your an anxious person then 1mg is probably going to be your dose max for a while. I'd love 2mgs right now and if it wasn't for bureaucrats with no medical training my sub Dr would gladly put me back on Alprazolam...however if that happens my wife is likely to be showing me another video of me on her phone nodding out making sandwiches for my family.

The video was fucking hilarious if you ask me, shame I was the star of the show though. Unhappy wife = very bad life. Take care.

My opinion is that you should take anywhere from 0.5-1 mg, if it's your first time/no tolerance.

I'm affected pretty strongly by this particular drug, though...1-2 mgs (which is well within therapeutic dose range) has been enough to give me partial blackouts in the past (there will be certain parts of the day which I'll only have a hazy or partial memory of)

i suggest anywhere from .5 to 1mg for your first go at it. make sure you're not driving or around anyone who may think its weird that you're falling sleep or dosing off with weird looking eyes like you're faded. good luck and hope it cures your anxiety for the time being but you'll to find the real reason for the anxierty and deal with that on it's own as you can't take benzos daily for more than a few weeks without tolerance becoming an issue as well as dependency

Please do NOT take drugs from another person - they are not on your record then and can cause unpredicatable drug interactions, particularly if you are involved in some kind of accident. Benzos are very addictiing and especially if mixed with alcohol can be really hard to get off. I know; I am a pharmacist and so is my wife - she's addicted to them and, after 20 years of abstainance, she started drinking when the doctor tried to ween her from the Benzos. DON'T DO THEM unless the doctor prescribes them - and I don't like them even in that case. Go the hard route: find a natural way to reduec anxiety, such as yoga, meditation, etc. Please.

Go to a rehab center and ask those who REALLY know ..... you won't pop them.

Ok, please read the Other Drugs Posting Standards guidelines. This is not a topic for OD. I will move it to Basic Drug Discussion.

If you are going to take the 2mg xanax bars that you have available, being benzo naive I would start with a quarter of one bar which is .5mg. Do not drink any amount of alcohol. .5 mg will relieve all anxiety and you can make an assessment from that point if it helps and if it does I highly recommend you go to a doctor regarding treatment for your anxiety, if you are going to continue taking xanax it's best you actually see a doctor and are prescribed it for many reasons.

If you were to go to a psyc he would probablt start you off with 0.5mg or 1mg at the most. So yes, taking an entire 2mg at once for someone who is not used to the effects of benzodiazepines would almost guarantee blackout or pass out within 30 minutes. Please keep the dose low, and if you start to experience worsening anxiety or anything seek help from your general doctor or a psychiatrist!

Since you have never taken these before, do not dose high. Keep it under 1mg or you could do something crazy/stupid/funny/irresponsible

If you are going to take the 2mg xanax bars that you have available, being benzo naive I would start with a quarter of one bar which is .5mg. Do not drink any amount of alcohol. .5 mg will relieve all anxiety and you can make an assessment from that point if it helps and if it does I highly recommend you go to a doctor regarding treatment for your anxiety, if you are going to continue taking xanax it's best you actually see a doctor and are prescribed it for many reasons.

was about to edit my post but then saw you mentioned what i was going to add.

Its extremely important to not drink alcohol. Alcohol intensifies the depressant effects of xanax, and vise versa. Given that you are new to xanax, you want to tread very lightly, taking small increments of xanax only. Alcohol plus xanax, especially in someone new to benzos, will 100% lead to a blackout, crazy behaviors, and even impaired motor control and ability to walk (your legs will not be able to hold you up) and you could possible stop breathing. Bad combo