• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

I want to stop my Crystal Meth addiction! I NEED HELP AND ADVICES!

Is long term incarceration an option you're willing to consider?

Maybe a Slavia breakthrough should be in order here. From what I gathered it'll scare the living shit out of you and put your life into some serious perspective.

NeonGreenEyes said:
Replacing Meth with X would be a bad mistake. Because lots of X contains Meth. So you would be adding to your addiction. Go to a rehab, dude. The only way to get off that shit is complete isolation.

QFT! And btw, a lot of people into the ecstasy/rave/dance music/club scene around here have been slowly getting into meth during the past couple of years. My theory as to this lies partly in the fact that X getting cut with meth has been becoming a lot more prevalent for a while now.

I smoke a lot of pot and drink to get my mind away from that. But you know something always reminds you of it, or someone mentions it and that's when you have to say no. And that is not easy. It's hard seeing the friends that you've used with so often and not have it cross your mind. It gets better in time. Good Luck

^yup, its really hard to say "NO".:) as of now I can easily say "NO" to meth since i start to get Baked again.:) :)

i really got a problem with withdrawal. i feel nauseous and sometimes get a rapid heartbeat every time i think of meth. does anyone of you guys feel the same way when you withdraw from meth??

nah..it's just a craving, and it's what happens. your body gets excited, so ur heart races, ur pupils dilate, etc.

i found heroin a good way to stop my meth cravings. i used to shootup ice about 1-4 times a week for a year while working fulltime, and i would always shoot heroin for the comedown. then i just started doing heroin more, i got the cravings for a few months, then they just disapeared, i never think about doing ice anymore, well sometimes, but it's not a problem. not sure yet how my heroin habits going to turn out though but i quit yesterday, and i was only using that between 1 or 5 times a week.

Last edited:
Once upon a time I was a hardcore tweeker. I had to leave town and disassociate from my circle of tweekrs. After about 10 months I couldn't stand being around those fuckers, and these were some of my closest friends.

The kicker was when my buddy had a new born, I asked his chick where's homie? In the back with the baby... with 3 friends smoking meth... made me sick and I really lost all desire to ever do that shit again.

I like feeling slow.

Oh yea for the come down, valium, xanax and klonopin really help take the edge off.

Smacklover said:
Once upon a time I was a hardcore tweeker. I had to leave town and disassociate from my circle of tweekrs. After about 10 months I couldn't stand being around those fuckers, and these were some of my closest friends.

The kicker was when my buddy had a new born, I asked his chick where's homie? In the back with the baby... with 3 friends smoking meth... made me sick and I really lost all desire to ever do that shit again.

I like feeling slow.

Oh yea for the come down, valium, xanax and klonopin really help take the edge off.

Amen dude. I was never a hardcore tweeker myself, I fell into the drug more by circumstance than anything else because it hit my hometown like a sack of bricks. But I was one of the many who couldn't turn away after that first line.

But during the time that I used I saw more than enough to make me sick and ask myself why in the hell I was associating with this crowd. Not worth the high at all...well, at first it was I guess.

But personally I've always been an opiate man. I could only stay on the uppers for so long before getting burnt out pretty quickly. Unfortunatley it's just so much harder to find dope than it is to find fucking tweak it seems :(

eon_blue said:
Unfortunatley it's just so much harder to find dope than it is to find fucking tweak it seems :(
Amen again. I've been passively pursuing a source for heroin since I'd rather get my needle-fix from something that isn't terribly neurotoxic and leaves me so damned exhausted and emotionally empty. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a regular source of heroin if my life depended on it; but I can get nice fat, wet shards of ice any time of any day. /sigh

eu4ia said:
^yup, its really hard to say "NO".:) as of now I can easily say "NO" to meth since i start to get Baked again.:) :)
Congratulations on your sobriety, short term as it is. Keep smoking that bud and just continue to tough it out as best you can.:)

Well the Bromocriptine sounds promising also i find magnesium suppliments work well on cravings. good luck quitting dude jst remember ur not alone stuck in this crystal chaos and there are lots of survivers who actually wanted to quit.

-Tyson

I haven't done meth for 6 years. I can't say it was by my own efforts. I was hospitalized for 5 weeks for an non-drug health issue. But after those 5 weeks of getting demerol injections every 4 hours.. I found meth wasn't a problem anymore. Although, I was left with a love for the OC's they were prescribing me for my persistent, intense pain.

I think it's all just a substitution game.. the addiction went from one substance to another.. Don't know if there's any permanent solution

Pshaaw said:
I think it's all just a substitution game.. the addiction went from one substance to another.. Don't know if there's any permanent solution

Yes, but for the sake of harm reduction even 'trading addictions' it's alot better for you mentally and physically than an addiction to methamphetamine (in my opinion).

with almost 2 months of being clean i still got a huge problem!:) i sweat a lot almost all the time.:) how can i solve this problem guys??:)

I just want to say congratulations for making this decision. I dont even know you but im bloody proud of you.

It will be one of the hardest things you'll ever do, but just think about how good life will be when your done. Life will go back to normal.

37047734 said:
Quiting that drug is really fucking difficult. I ended up moving half way across the country mainly just to get away from it. Obviously that's not an option for most people. I would recommend trying to put some distance between yourself and the people you use with, even if you consider them friends. If you feel like you need something to combat the cravings, MDMA won't really work that well. I'd recommend bud and some benzos. If you get one of those intense cravings pop a Klonopin or whatever you can get and smoke a bowl. That'll calm you down and might even make you sleep. As long as you don't end up taking too many benzos on a regular basis you can repeat that as necessary. Stay vigilant because the cravings become less intense but they really never go away completely. Sober life will seem shitty and boring for a while but that will subside. If you manage to stay clean for a while and feel the urge to go back to it just remember how much it fucked with your life when you were on it. Good Luck.

If you had a craving for meth, I don't think popping a klonopin would help. Sorry dude, but thats apples and oranges to the max. I would recommend you get something a little less worse for you, if you have will power, perhaps adderall, so you can still have a light stimulant feeling, but without the illicetness. This would require strong willpower, and I also recommend that you put in writing a taper schedule and stick to. Benzos will help you when you feel like you're going to go insane though.

i wouldnt trade one drug for another besides maybe trying to help the come down and withdrawl and anxiety of the first couple of weeks with low dose of a benzo....on a more personal note my best friend of 10 years shot himself after a 4 night binge, dont put urself in that position because it happens too often with people using crystal to have extreme mood fluctuations, besides the physical effects are disastrous....please take care and i hope you can beat this :)