View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I wanna try DXM

TheUrbanShaman

Greenlighter
So Ive been experimenting with a lot of psychedelics lately and recently came across a decent sized bottle of robitussin cough syrup. Its non-drowsy so it wouldnt kill me if I downed the entire bottle. Also DXM seems to be the only active ingredient. So anyway my question is what is the trip like? How long does it last? Is it safe to consume the entire bottle in one go? and should I have a friend accompany while im tripping? Your feed back is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

So Ive been experimenting with a lot of psychedelics lately and recently came across a decent sized bottle of robitussin cough syrup. Its non-drowsy so it wouldnt kill me if I downed the entire bottle. Also DXM seems to be the only active ingredient.

Read active ingredients. Make sure Dextromethorphan Hbr is the only chemical you see. "seems" is not acceptable.

So anyway my question is what is the trip like?

It's a very dissociative trip. You'd start out feeling very strange and eventually a very clean drunk feeling. Your brain is basically "slowing down". As I like to call it. Your thoughts may move a lil slower as you are now becoming acquainted with dissociation. You're waiting for what's next to happen and that's all based on your dosage. I hope you have read the DXM FAQ by William White as it is what introduced my knowldge to DXM.

How long does it last?

5-6 IME

Is it safe to consume the entire bottle in one go? and should I have a friend accompany while im tripping? Your feed back is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Providing that it is in fact only DXM, then yes

I mean I didn't have a sitter the first time or ever. I had 300mg and I just enjoyed the feeling but I was moving very drunk w/o the foggyness. I've done double that dose by myself as well.

PS. Have you ever taken robitussin for the cold&cough before without any allergic reaction? You'd hate to find out about a DXM allergy whilst climbing the plateaus.

Don't take more than 100 mg for your first time. Some people genetically lack an enzyme important for the metabolism of DXM, so they're extra sensitive, and the trip lasts much longer for them.

Personally I'm fairly sensitive to DXM, and find 300 mg to be uncomfortably intense. If you're like me, 100 mg will be a strong, enjoyable buzz.

i agree that 100mg is a good place to start.

probably wouldn't hurt to eat some ginger to reduce nausea, if ur drinking syrup/swallowing gelcaps.

So Ive read the ingredients and dxm is the only active ingredient. How bad is the nausea? Ive tripped on Hawaiian baby wood rose seeds before and felt incredibly drunk with visuals and nausea but didnt throw up until the next day. Is the trip somewhat similar to that?

Read active ingredients. Make sure Dextromethorphan Hbr is the only chemical you see. "seems" is not acceptable.

It's a very dissociative trip. You'd start out feeling very strange and eventually a very clean drunk feeling. Your brain is basically "slowing down". As I like to call it. Your thoughts may move a lil slower as you are now becoming acquainted with dissociation. You're waiting for what's next to happen and that's all based on your dosage. I hope you have read the DXM FAQ by William White as it is what introduced my knowldge to DXM.

5-6 IME

Providing that it is in fact only DXM, then yes

I mean I didn't have a sitter the first time or ever. I had 300mg and I just enjoyed the feeling but I was moving very drunk w/o the foggyness. I've done double that dose by myself as well.

PS. Have you ever taken robitussin for the cold&cough before without any allergic reaction? You'd hate to find out about a DXM allergy whilst climbing the plateaus.
Yea and to my knowlege ive never had any allergic reactions

Ok great. Where I live we only have these bottles that have 240mg DXM in it and it's been the dose I've introduced my friends to and they've loved it.

I encourage you to read the DXM FAQ as i posted it above. It's extremely informative

So Ive read the ingredients and dxm is the only active ingredient. How bad is the nausea? Ive tripped on Hawaiian baby wood rose seeds before and felt incredibly drunk with visuals and nausea but didnt throw up until the next day. Is the trip somewhat similar to that?

The nausea for me was pretty bad the first time, but I did drink one of the big bottles (I believe it was like 8 oz.), and I've never been a big fan of the flavor, syrupy type substance of Robitussin. I have found that some marijuana helps this greatly while also increasing the pleasantness of the overall experience.

The nausea for me was pretty bad the first time, but I did drink one of the big bottles (I believe it was like 8 oz.), and I've never been a big fan of the flavor, syrupy type substance of Robitussin. I have found that some marijuana helps this greatly while also increasing the pleasantness of the overall experience.
Would it intensify the experience as well?

Btw after further inspection I also found out that there another active ingredient called guaifenesin. Does this mean I can't take it?

^ Correct, if you take the syrup to get high, you will overdose on guaifenesin, which will be incredibly unpleasant as well as dangerous. DXM must be the ONLY active ingredient in the syrup.

It depends. My first dose was 235ish, I was bored and found a bottle of wal tussin or something like that. It had guaifenesin in it, I think the dose was more than 1,000mg. guaifenesin isn't toxic per se the max daily amount for a human is 1200mg, but it is supposed to induce nausea at that level. I however, was perfectly fine. I wouldn't recommend testing this, just stick to dxm only. its safe to say that I do not get nausea on dxm, but that is just me.

http://www.rxpalace.com/Label_Info/Guai1200_Details.htm

Last edited:
It's like being extremely drunk with the weird sort of broken up visuals and yer I agree with the other guys Tru 200/300mg for your first time. Also you are completely out of it so don't be thinking you can talk to people and act sober XD

^ Correct, if you take the syrup to get high, you will overdose on guaifenesin, which will be incredibly unpleasant as well as dangerous. DXM must be the ONLY active ingredient in the syrup.

Guafansine is non-toxic. I have taken up to 18g and had no issues other than nausea.

Guafansine is non-toxic. I have taken up to 18g and had no issues other than nausea.

everyone is different, maybe your body can take a lot of guaifenesin, but it doesn't mean the OP will react the same as you.

some people have over 1g of guaf and have nasty nausea and vomiting.

why not make it simple and just buy a cough syrup with the only active being dxm. its not difficult to find if you know how to read labels.

It is if you're 16. In my state you have to be over 18 to buy anything that contains dxm. They even have a big label about drug abuse on the cough syrup box.

It's crap. It feels like a dirty, inferior version of MXE or ketamine. It gives me the worst diplopia (double vision) and fucks up my motor skills more than any other drug I've ever taken. 450mg had me staggering all over the place struggling to remember how to walk. The worst thing is I didn't really feel that high/dissociated - just extremely impaired. By comparison; a dose of MXE strong enough to cause that level of physical impairment would blow my head off. I'd be having out-of-body experiences and shit.

I really wouldn't recommend using DXM cough syrup for anything other than treating a cough. Get some K or MXE instead if you're looking to get high.

It's crap. It feels like a dirty, inferior version of MXE or ketamine. It gives me the worst diplopia (double vision) and fucks up my motor skills more than any other drug I've ever taken. 450mg had me staggering all over the place struggling to remember how to walk. The worst thing is I didn't really feel that high/dissociated - just extremely impaired. By comparison; a dose of MXE strong enough to cause that level of physical impairment would blow my head off. I'd be having out-of-body experiences and shit.

I really wouldn't recommend using DXM cough syrup for anything other than treating a cough. Get some K or MXE instead if you're looking to get high.
Whats k like? Im not even sure if i could get that around here.