I typed this into Google; didn't get one useful entry back. So I now ask you, SOS! SOS!, "How do I pull myself out of a very deep crystal meth binge?"

theManWithin

Greenlighter
I typed this into Google; didn't get one useful entry back. So I now ask you, SOS! SOS!, "How do I pull myself out of a very deep crystal meth binge?"

Hey there. Welcome to Bluelight. :peperave:

The short answer to your question is ...put the meth away and get some sleep. But I know that is easier said than done.

The long answer is you have to figure out why you are obsessed with meth and decide if the cons outweigh the pros. From your post I am going to assume that you are not enjoying this anymore at all.

Meth is insidious. Only thing you can really do is put it away. eat something, get some sleep and when you wake up re-assess why you indulge . If you are of a mind there are hundreds of threads here in Basic Drugs, Other drugs, and Drug culture with the exact same words in them that you have posted.

Have a look around and do some reading of what others are going through. You might find some comfort and support there.

Be kind to yourself.

I see you made a duplicate thread in The Dark Side so I am going to move this thread there too. It will get much more exposure in that forum and some good comments. Hang in there. <3

Hey there. Welcome to Bluelight. :peperave:

The short answer to your question is ...put the meth away and get some sleep. But I know that is easier said than done.

The long answer is you have to figure out why you are obsessed with meth and decide if the cons outweigh the pros. From your post I am going to assume that you are not enjoying this anymore at all.

Meth is insidious. Only thing you can really do is put it away. eat something, get some sleep and when you wake up re-assess why you indulge . If you are of a mind there are hundreds of threads here in Basic Drugs, Other drugs, and Drug culture with the exact same words in them that you have posted.

Have a look around and do some reading of what others are going through. You might find some comfort and support there.

Be kind to yourself.
Thank you. I can't tell you how appreciative I am for what you wrote. And especially for how you wrote it. It's one of the only times I've ever received this sort of reply. The empathy rings out across your words. And empathy is rare in replies to this sort of SOS. I don't know who you are, where you are, or even really what you are, but I am certain of this: I am certain that you are. Your reply gave me all that I could have really asked for with my post, and whoever you are, please know that my candle burns brighter this morning because of you. Thank you again.

It's simple, though hard to do.

You need to put down the pipe or the needle or whatever you use to snort it. You need to have something to eat. Nothing substantial just something to tide you over for a few hours. Don't kill yourself trying to cram down food at this stage. Go into the bathroom and brush your teeth then wash your face. Change your clothes, if you have time then jump into the the shower and spend 10-15 minutes washing the grime off you, especially your hair. Get into a clean set of clothing. Close your blinds, and lie down and try to sleep.

Compulsive meth use is often kicked along by certain kinds of triggers - which are different for everybody. Because it is so instantly effective at turning any kind of anxiety or negative emotion well down the track towards couldn’t -care-less-euphoria it can get connected psychologically to all kinds of things you might not immediately be aware of that work to make you hungry for the next hit in the binge. Plus your brain is well aware more meth will rapidly kill the depression and anxiety that starts bubbling up as soon as comedown starts - which is why binge pattern often have 2-3 day breaks in them where you get optimistic it’s over before shocking yourself on the third day when you realise you just had 3 points for breakfast without even thinking about it.

Breaking a binge and turning it into a proper period of extended abstinence really requires identifying and resolving the major triggers that cause that automatic pick up and a lot of Mindfullness and diversionary activity to get through the negative emotions of them initial clean period

Eat LOTS

And lots of rest!!!

You are going to feel like nothing is pleasurable for possibly a week or more. But it does go away!! I promise you!

Take some supplements like L-tyrosine. Eat lots of cheese too.
Try get out in the sun and maybe walk or exercise a bit.

Lots of water & sleep.
And of course staying away from it and any one who uses it, which is also a battle in and of itself.

Do you smoke cannabis? I would indulge in that if you feel like you're gonna break down & use meth. Some times when I feel like I wanna use ice, getting stoned makes me go "oh wait, that sounds like a bad idea right now, I think I just wanna smoke & eat", At least this is something that helps me.

And lastly, give it time.
After a few weeks & then even a few months, you will find clarity again.
Cheers! And all the best!

Thank you all for the positive energy and amazing support. I'm just seeing all if these awesome responses. I was able to pull myself out of that deep bing (thank you again Nurse Ratched) but have relapsed throughout the month of March, which to my surprise is almost over. I'm in the process of getting an intake appointment for May to an outpatient rehab. Just have to figure out how to make it through April. This site is definitely a great help.

Thank you all for the positive energy and amazing support. I'm just seeing all if these awesome responses. I was able to pull myself out of that deep bing (thank you again Nurse Ratched) but have relapsed throughout the month of March, which to my surprise is almost over. I'm in the process of getting an intake appointment for May to an outpatient rehab. Just have to figure out how to make it through April. This site is definitely a great help.
I've recently discovered a desire, previously foreign to me, & as if I am able to detach from my physical body, i watch the me that is actually wanting to ask for advice/ wisdom... A "me" that is an oddity- whom is, i guess, ready- (FINALLY!), for something different in her days... I am thinking that idk too much more than this-- that's chill tho-- i greatly appreciate having this space as an outlet... Thank you all!🤗
Love Light & Blessings🙂💘🙂💘