View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I Tripped A Little While Sober Last Night

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
It's not exactly what it sounds like. I wasn't just chilling in my room, and then started tripping out randomly. I tried this hypnosis/meditation exercise, and it just got incredibly deep. It kinda felt like I was on a real light dose of some mushrooms or I smoked some real good bud or something. I was going through all these memories, and it was kinda like I was going through all these scenarios and memories. Like a better version of lucid dreaming in a way, except it wasn't dreams, all stuff directly related to my life and all. I didn't actually "see" anything, I just was there. I also totally lost track of time. I literally did this for like 3 hours, with absolutely no sense of time after maybe like the first 10-15 minutes, or so. It's crazy, I was never this good at meditation before. I hadn't taken anything real recently though, so it wasn't that. It was crazy, like a sort of breakthrough in a sense. At one point, I started to have a slight OBE. I didn't fully leave my body, but it was like I could feel my energy body just start to separate from my physical one. Like I wasn't really in my body, but I couldn't see the room or do anything in it. All the times I've tried to trip while sober, I never really succeeded. I'd meditate and get pretty deep, but I never had anything like this happen. It also helped me to realize that I kinda messed some shit up a while back, but I didn't realize it. I realized this before, but now I really just have more of an awareness of it.

What was your method?

Don't really know exactly, but I had good music playing in the background. I'm thinking that if you are good at meditating, the music might actually facilitate the process. That's all I can think of.

It happens. I've been noticing stuff like that since my first LSD trip four years ago. Some door was opened that can never be closed.

Gazing in the mirror while under the influence of a psychedelic is what opened one of those doors for me. I did that practice sober many times before then and weird stuff would happen (like changing color of skin, a feeling of non-identification and non-existence) but it would settle pretty quickly later. Then once I did it on DPT while gazing in the mirror and I got a weird feeling like my reflection was the real me. I lost my perspective. I forgot the story of me. Then a firehose of information and images started flowing, more detailed, vast and rapid-fire then anything I've ever experienced. I could sort of follow the plot while I was in it though couldn't slow it down to process anything. I was both fascinated and overwhelmed. Only a few random images and sensations survived the experience and I can still feel the spaciousness of it. I literally had to jerk my head back to break the connection or whatever that was. Later I've searched up on it and it's a thing. It much gentler if you do it with another person instead of yourself. I've heard the difference described as being a closed feedback loop and an open ended feedback loop (whatever that means, but it kinda makes sense hearing it. Interestingly, when you do it with someone else they'll describe seeing exactly what you saw, like the experience is limited by consensual agreement of what reality is). that's what I've gathered. I don't know how much realistically can be gained from such a practice except it taking one beyond the tipping point as far as rationalizing things away, which can be a counterproductive place until you get really grounded with it and have good boundaries in place with others. Still working on it.