I tried/considered cutting my throat todaY.

Speed King

Bluelighter
Im on a steroid dose pack . It flips me out. I spent the day in the ER . They told me
thatl it causes psychosis . Anyone feel this way ? I tried cutting my
throat.

Was it a glucocorticoid like Betamethasone, Dexamethasone or anabolic like Winstrol (stanozolol), Testosterone ? They each have some horrid side effects and w/d's. I saw you tweaked your back bad enough to have to go to the ER and were numb and not cool numb. Hope this subsides quickly..

And the ER was like "Here's your meds, by the way they cause psychosis. See ya". Yikes.. Hang in there.

I am sorry you went through that. Is your neck okay? I hope your feeling better now.
Probably not until you get done with the steroids.
Hugs

I was given Prednisone after a wasp sting this summer and those pills flipped me out too.
I will NEVER take another steroid.
Talk about "roid rage" OMG!
Plus you cannot sleep and they have horrific withdrawal- and that was just from one bottle.
I'm so glad I never accepted the steroid injections for my back problems.

Why don't they tell you about the side effects of these medications when they give them to you?
All the doctor said was that it may (WILL) cause me to have a strange, unpleasant odor.
I would have taken the problems from the wasp venom over those med's.

I was thinking while I was having the "roid rage" what someone like Hulk Hogan must go through.
I feel sorry for his wife.

Man, I'm sorry for your experience, and glad that you're 'OK'. My mom has arthritis and was given prednisone last week. Within 2 days, her blood sugar spiked to 450 (she has type 2 diabetes; sugar should be round 100), her throats was filling with pus, nose bleed, plus completely disoriented. Her body did NOT like steroids. It's so crazy to me the reactions our bodies can have to chemicals. I get injections for my back all the time, and when I take steroids (for asthma), I eat like a horse and lose weight. My mom had no idea she would be 'allergic'.

I hope it it gets out of your system soon; she drank tons of water to try to flush it out of her system. Hope you feel better soon!

Hello all. I am well/better now. So I'm in the ER and I told them straight up what the deal was.

Right away, the doctor said that it "can" cause psychosis. The best part was I had not taken any other drugs that day. In hindsight I probably should have had a Valium or two, but I was far out enough, that they probably wouldn't of done anything.

Anyway, they agreed that steroid dose pack was what flipped me out.

I'm upstairs and hear a cop call my name, empty pockets, etc. They were cool. I had four cop cars and an ambulance.

The funny thing was(while I'm bleeding) the officer asked if I used any "recreational" drugs and I said I used marijuana. I then went into the state law and said that it was medicinal. The officer said "that's okay, I don't judge. I enjoyed that.

I haven't talked to my psych doctor yet, but besides that, I'm good.

The funny thing also was that I had to finish the dose pack, or I would have become real sick.

I am in good shape and my mind is back to normal.

Everyone, understand that those steroid dose packs or injections "can" cause major side effects.

The cops and ambulance was here real fast, because someone called. What if I flipped out by myself?

Please ask your doctor about the medicine before you take it.

The cuts were superficial, but it made a steak knife bloody.

Thanks for your concern

Speed King.

Jesus man hope you feel better soon. Lay off the steroids

Jesus man hope you feel better soon. Lay off the steroids

They were the shitty anti inflammatory steroids not anabolic. Maybe they are the same, but that shit made me see red, like calling people out just to see what they would do.
They did nothing.

I'm never taking that shit again.

Stopping by to check on my brotha...How are you feeling today, SK?

That's bizarre, but folks react in mysterious ways. Now, the aggression aspect, I can relate. Prozac made me feel that way in the late 90's.

As for anti-inflammatory, I wish I could get a Decadron shot on the regular. My old school doctor since birth (deceased) gave them to me because he knew how they improved my QOL. He felt the benefits outweighed the risks. These younger doctors won't give them to me. I feel fortunate that dose paks of Prednisone help when needed, too. My husband, OTOH, gets spiked blood sugar/pressure even with Pred.

My guts are LOCKED, even after a weekend of Go-Lyte to move them. It didn't work. Nothing has. Waiting for call back from GI nurse. I'm full of shit, but I'm here if you need me.

I couldn't handle seeing RIP for you, so PLEASE proceed with utmost caution!