• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I took Zopiclone and now the walls are breathing

I cant stand taking this crap it makes everything I eat the next day taste like aluminum sooo bad its just all day I taste it no matter what I do I don't understand how people deal with that taking it daily I like my food to taste like food not metal.

Why don't you take zolpidem? Do you not stay asleep on that? Otherwise maybe try switching...

I cant stand taking this crap it makes everything I eat the next day taste like aluminum sooo bad its just all day I taste it no matter what I do I don't understand how people deal with that taking it daily I like my food to taste like food not metal.

I've heard that before, while I get some slight metallic taste I also get worse munchies than on pot. Many nights I've raided the fridge and woken up with nothing to eat for breakfast without remembering it xD

^^ That's actually a totally common side effect.

Yes it is, and the amnesia part shows up in many anecdotes and reports from people... though I never realized that the raided fridge is from a combination of amnesia and those munchies. For some reason I had not realized that you still have urges in amnestic states.

yea ive never tried anything else before related to this ive only taken trazadone but needed 150-200mgs and that eventually had me waking up almost every morning hanging on to the edges of my bed for dear life while it felt like the bed was one of those merry go rounds at parks kids spin themselves around on till they puke lol then after hanging on a minute it slows down then I just puke and feel like complete shit until 9.00 am or so then I start to come back to life. and no I don't drink and the only drugs I take are weed and buprenorphine which have never made me feel like that also the attack's stopped as soon as I quit taking the trazadone leaving the trazadone as the culprit.
anyone else heard of that? I got munchies on trazadone really bad after taking it but not zoplicone. The zoplicone makes me sleep well with no other apparent side effects except the dam metallic taste that lingers for 24 hours or so getting slowly better by nighttime then I wake up again after taking it and same thing. its weird when drugs do that I really dislike it just annoying to me.

The metallic taste is, I think, dysgeusia and it is not from the drug lingering in the mouth. More like an effect on the brain, so yeah that lasts as long as the general effect of the drug last corresponding to the levels of it in your blood.

The munchies from trazodone are like those from mirtazapine well-reported, it seems to be a result of 5-HT2C antagonism (an effect on one of the serotonin receptor subtypes). That effect is a little different from getting munchies from any GABAergic, which is probably more a result of GABA/glutamate effects on hypothalamic neurons.

Don't know what to make of that merry-go-round effect but it sounds unpleasant to say the least. I have used mirtazapine in the past and yes I have had some weird nights on it. Unfortunately it did not really help me go to sleep.

Neither zopiclone nor zolpidem are really suitable for treating insomnia longer than about a month, no different from benzo's in that respect. But if you have problems with arousal during sleep zopiclone is better than zolpidem because it acts longer. If not, zolpidem has the advantage of not really usually producing dysgeusia (the metallic taste effect) and the effect being relatively gone / ended come morning.

I *might* try a significant dose of zopiclone tonight, I need to correct my rhythm... it may be an opportunity to briefly check out the hallucinatory effects.

The metallic taste is, I think, dysgeusia and it is not from the drug lingering in the mouth. More like an effect on the brain, so yeah that lasts as long as the general effect of the drug last corresponding to the levels of it in your blood.

The munchies from trazodone are like those from mirtazapine well-reported, it seems to be a result of 5-HT2C antagonism (an effect on one of the serotonin receptor subtypes). That effect is a little different from getting munchies from any GABAergic, which is probably more a result of GABA/glutamate effects on hypothalamic neurons.

Don't know what to make of that merry-go-round effect but it sounds unpleasant to say the least. I have used mirtazapine in the past and yes I have had some weird nights on it. Unfortunately it did not really help me go to sleep.

Neither zopiclone nor zolpidem are really suitable for treating insomnia longer than about a month, no different from benzo's in that respect. But if you have problems with arousal during sleep zopiclone is better than zolpidem because it acts longer. If not, zolpidem has the advantage of not really usually producing dysgeusia (the metallic taste effect) and the effect being relatively gone / ended come morning.

I *might* try a significant dose of zopiclone tonight, I need to correct my rhythm... it may be an opportunity to briefly check out the hallucinatory effects.

oh yea well its not something I need everyday I haven't taken it in a long time I stopped getting it scripted but my mom still does and has taken It daily for years now so its always available she gives it to my sister all the time for sleep. nowadays pot is the best thing for me to sleep with the least side effects so I stick to the herb.

I think im gonna try to stick with herb instead of seeing what other side effects I get from another sleep aid.

thanks for the info though solopsis you really know your stuff!

ill ask my doctor about the zopidem if I ever get really bad sleep patterns again.

have a fun trip man hope you finally get some rest.

Yeah cannabis can definitely be of help, very good point there and I will definitely pick some up especially if I still experience issues after coming home from a visit down south.

Right now on 19+11 mg of zopiclone (though is illicit powder so maybe it is not entirely pure), things are getting ever so slightly weird now. Got stuff in my stomach so maybe not ideal absorption here, but I wanted to take enough this time... never tried this much. :D

I had the exact same problem... Metallic taste 24/7 even drinking water tasted bad. I switched to Temazepam and had no more weird side effects. But I assume that most people do not get that awful metal taste from Zopliclone.

followup I'm now experimenting with IM DMT and 5-MeO-DMT and with the latter I have found pure blissful deeply spiritual and profound, I am listening to classical music trying to 'commune' with it. It's incredible and I HAVE to write a TR.

I am excited for your TR, Solipsis. Shit sounds awesome :D

I've found that any friend who does high doses of lorazepam with me has also experienced the visuals. I feel like visuals aren't even a good word for a lot of what happens on your eyes, though. Distortions would be a good word. Depending on how it hits you, driving on lorazepam can be an extremely bad idea (aside from falling asleep, which is a given.) I was prescribed 30 mg temazepam as well, and that shit is great. It never gave me any kind of psychedelic effect, but it definitely helped me sleep. Also, the capsules in which I received my temazepam already contained a very fine powder, so I was able to snort it in small lines at any time in the day for a nice buzz without the nap included.

Trazodone definitely helped me sleep, but my parents ended up taking me to the hospital a couple of days after prescribing it. I remember, every time I watched the TV, I could distinctly see two of every person (I don't remember if it was the same for animals) on the screen, right next to each other. After describing this phenomenon to my parents (who are familiar with psychedelics), combined with the fact that I would be stumbling around walking into walls during the few hours I was awake (16+ hours of sleep a day), they took me to the hospital and was told I am allergic to the trazodone. Forgot to mention this was combined with 20 mgs fluoxetine a day, which was also newly prescribed. I quit taking both soon after this incident. The fluoxetine itself made me "feel" very weird, and smoking pot on it was disastrous.

Wow, ++++ experience, transient enlightenment, absolute ecstasy / bliss. samadhi.