View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I took LSD friday and now im sick

19yr old male

Hello,
I took lsd on a party this Friday night and started having fever and to be really tired yesterday (Monday).The fever is still going on today (Tuesday), some minor headaches have appeared as well and im also a bit tired. I want to know if theres any chance it was caused by the lsd and if im facing any other risks. I already took lsd before and nothing like this happened(im not a frequent user). I know there are chances of it being something else but im really worried.
Please help

There's no chance that what you're experiencing is directly caused by LSD, however I've always speculated that tripping can wear out your immune system the same way it wears out your body. There is no confirmed connection, but it's possible you wore yourself out and got sick when your immune system was still catching up.

Like CA pointed out psychedelics can definitely weaken the immune system, making it easier to get sick after the trip, and even excerbating it a bit... Hope you feel better!:)

You haven't posted your sleeping/eating/excercise habits from since you took the LSD until today.

If you stayed up all night. Slept all the next day (or kept partying?). Didnt eat shit. Woke up groggily. Smoked a bowl. Ate a stale slice of pizza. Watched cartoons. Passed out. Woke up and your sick.

Well, blame Canada

There's no chance that what you're experiencing is directly caused by LSD, however I've always speculated that tripping can wear out your immune system the same way it wears out your body. There is no confirmed connection, but it's possible you wore yourself out and got sick when your immune system was still catching up.

I would say that there is a confirmed connection, actually.

Cis-urocanic acid, a sunlight-induced immunosuppressive factor, activates immune suppression via the 5-HT2A receptor
Abstract said:
Exposure to UV radiation induces skin cancer and suppresses the immune response. To induce immune suppression, the electromagnetic energy of UV radiation must be absorbed by an epidermal photoreceptor and converted into a biologically recognizable signal. Two photoreceptors have been recognized: DNA and trans-urocanic acid (UCA). Trans-UCA is normally found in the outermost layer of skin and isomerizes to the cis isomer upon exposure to UV radiation. Although UCA was identified as a UV photoreceptor years ago, and many have documented its ability to induce immune suppression, its exact mode of action remains elusive. Particularly vexing has been the identity of the molecular pathway by which cis-UCA mediates immune suppression. Here we provide evidence that cis-UCA binds to the serotonin [5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT)] receptor with relatively high affinity (K d = 4.6 nM). Anti-cis-UCA antibody precipitates radiolabeled 5-HT, and the binding is inhibited by excess 5-HT and/or excess cis-UCA. Similarly, anti-5-HT antibody precipitates radiolabeled cis-UCA, and the binding is inhibited by excess 5-HT or excess cis-UCA. Calcium mobilization was activated when a mouse fibroblast line, stably transfected with the human 5-HT2A receptor, was treated with cis-UCA. Cis-UCA-induced calcium mobilization was blocked with a selective 5-HT2A receptor antagonist. UV- and cis-UCA-induced immune suppression was blocked by antiserotonin antibodies or by treating the mice with 5-HT2A receptor antagonists. Our findings identify cis-UCA as a serotonin receptor ligand and indicate that the immunosuppressive effects of cis-UCA and UV radiation are mediated by activation of the 5-HT2A receptor.

Though, I think it's fair to point out that LSD binds to many more receptors than just 5-HT2A, and for all we know it could have a net positive effect in this area. I actually honestly take LSD fairly often while already feeling sick because I always feel much better immediately afterward.

Well, blame Canada

This will be stuck in my head all day now.

Yeah I think psychedelics like but not limited to LSD can both exacerbate immune-system related illness or help remedy it. My best bet is that it depends on the timing, timed right a boost may nip an infection in the bud (help anyway), but timed off and you could actually get worse because you are in the 'dip'. Granted, even the intensity of the experience on mind and body as well as the exhaustion after can play a role, but I really doubt that explains everything.

We don't know much about it, really. I sometimes inquire about this, and how people on 2C-B regularly get a lot of mucous production, and other not well explained phenomena... but there is no real info that I know of, besides the theoretical parts like posted above.

Ironically, now two days after taking 4-HO-MPT I actually feel quite sick. My roommate has been for the last week or so though, so it may just be bad timing.

Exactly, a similar thing happened to me after my first time taking LSD. I really do believe that this is what happened in your case. Since LSD really is not bad for you with short term use It leads me to believe that your body was worn out from the trip, either that or maybe it was a different research chemical.