• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I took Kratom a couple of hours ago. Is it safe to take a 300 mg DXM dose?

BurnOneDown

Bluelighter
I took three teaspoons of Kratom a few hours ago. I'm still feeling some slight effects of it. I'd like to take a 300 mg does of DXM tonight. I haven't read anything negative about the interaction between these two drugs and it doesn't seem like there is anything to worry about it. I'm curious if I'm missing anything...

I took three teaspoons of Kratom a few hours ago. I'm still feeling some slight effects of it. I'd like to take a 300 mg does of DXM tonight. I haven't read anything negative about the interaction between these two drugs and it doesn't seem like there is anything to worry about it. I'm curious if I'm missing anything...
I personally wouldn't do it. One, because it's stupid to trip off DXM and I have no clue what it could metabolize into [The DXM]. So be safe I would avoid it and just take, let's say 30-60mg's to increase the narcotic like effects from the kratom instead of tripping tonight off DXM. DXM can metabolize into some odd ass metabolite that's similar to PCP so like I said save it for another day without the kratom or just take the dose(s) I stated above to increase the effects of the kratom only. Not to trip, please don't; it could really hurt you and DXM tripping has been study and has been said it causes brain damage easily. Just by itself, so don't do so to trip. I would trip another day without any other drugs/prescribed drugs in the mix, as well to play it safe.

^ not to say that tripping off of DXM is "good" for you, but the claims of brain damage have been found in very specific cases where large doses have been taken consistently for a long long time. It doesn't "cause brain damage easily." There's many other issues that go along with DXM (btw, it metabolizes into DXO that's really not like PCP at all; DXO is a very stoning feeling that doesn't share a lot of the trippy, schizophrenic qualities that DXM/PCP does), but overstating the largely-disproven claims of brain damage (citations upon request; am on a phone right now) could cause more harm than good.

To the OP: I would advise against it. Dosing DXM after opiates/opioids (even comparatively weaker ones like kratom) typically makes people feel sick and/or unpleasant. I've experienced terrible headaches dosing this way that sometimes lead to puking sessions and take several hours to go away. If you combine these two substances, I'd suggest taking DXM first and, several several hours after the fact (at least six to be safe) take your opioid at a heavily-reduced dose. A DXM trip can feel like it resets opiate tolerance, and even small doses taken closer or with the opiate/opioid (doses in range of 15 - 75 mg, depending on your tolerance and affinity toward DXM) can cause heavily-increased effects.

Be very careful with this combo, and don't take 300 mg of DXM a couple hours after kratom, unless you like puking and skull-fucking headaches. It might not happen, but from personal and anecdotal experience there's a good chance it will.

^ not to say that tripping off of DXM is "good" for you, but the claims of brain damage have been found in very specific cases where large doses have been taken consistently for a long long time. It doesn't "cause brain damage easily." There's many other issues that go along with DXM (btw, it metabolizes into DXO that's really not like PCP at all; DXO is a very stoning feeling that doesn't share a lot of the trippy, schizophrenic qualities that DXM/PCP does), but overstating the largely-disproven claims of brain damage (citations upon request; am on a phone right now) could cause more harm than good.

To the OP: I would advise against it. Dosing DXM after opiates/opioids (even comparatively weaker ones like kratom) typically makes people feel sick and/or unpleasant. I've experienced terrible headaches dosing this way that sometimes lead to puking sessions and take several hours to go away. If you combine these two substances, I'd suggest taking DXM first and, several several hours after the fact (at least six to be safe) take your opioid at a heavily-reduced dose. A DXM trip can feel like it resets opiate tolerance, and even small doses taken closer or with the opiate/opioid (doses in range of 15 - 75 mg, depending on your tolerance and affinity toward DXM) can cause heavily-increased effects.

Be very careful with this combo, and don't take 300 mg of DXM a couple hours after kratom, unless you like puking and skull-fucking headaches. It might not happen, but from personal and anecdotal experience there's a good chance it will.
DXO is what I meant sorry; I was told it has effects like PCP in a way. None the less, I agree with not going about doing the DXM too. Like I stated above...