• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I took 90mg of Adderall XR and felt really calm but also really energetic/motivated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tboy246

Bluelighter
I'm not a regular user of stimulants but every now and then I'll take some Addies (either IR or XR, whatever's available). Some times I won't feel anything at all and sometimes I'll feel how the standard "Addie high" is typically described by people.. I know I dose too low (30-40 mg) but my tolerance is so low that I can sometimes get a kick out of it. Yesterday was different though. I took 3 Addie XR's within an hour of each other, first two together, last one 30 mins later. Highest dose I've taken yet. I also just smallowed them whole, no crushing anything.
About 30 minutes after the first 2 I felt very energetic/motivated so I took the other. The feeling persisted all day, took them around 11 a.m., wore off at about 9 p.m. It was weird because I don't have any of the heart beating out of my chest moments at all, I actually felt like my heart was beating WAY more slowly than usual as if I was extremely calm, but I was also hopped full off energy and motivation.. I went through 2 packs of ciggs and a whole pack of gum too. Haha (yes, my jaw is very sore). That was one thing that stood out to me and I really had to go out of my way to control it, the jaw moving. Anyways, I figured with 90mg, even if it's unaltered XR, would take me to the limit.. I definitely felt the effects but I just don't understand the calm energy part.. Really can't make sense out of it. Is it typical?

The calmness is fairly common. It's somewhat of a paradoxical reaction. Sometimes I feel unbelievably calm after taking adderall, other times the same dose will make me really edgy, it's hit or miss.

30-40mg is not dosing low, it's not high either but don't start taking megadoses because you're gonna end up getting the full stimulant effect one of these times and then you'll feel the chest tightness and fast heartbeat.

Yes, this is a fairly typical response. Stimulants have the tendency to make you feel as if you are totally in control, which leads to the paradoxical sensation of calm, even though you're working in overdrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.