• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I thought I’d never try heroin

pill princess

Bluelighter
Hello everybody.

I apologize in advance for this rambling post... I guess I should start by saying I was taking OxyContin and hydrocodone for about a year and a half now... I was one of those people that thought I would never try heroin.. Unfortunately the pill supply dried up and three days into my withdrawals, I had the bright idea to drive two hours away because that’s the only person I knew that could give me relief. She only had heroin. So I snorted some for my first time. I never intended on buying any, but I bought some and brought it home along with some suboxones. The high was more sedating than pills but similar. Imo pills are better and a cleaner more energizing yet calm high. Heroin felt dirty. I feel like a weak individual for doing this. So anyway I was snorting tiny bumps probably about ten times in ten hours. Then night came and I was a little too tired for my liking so I hit myself with the narcan just to be safe. All the sudden 20 minutes of pure hell ensued. Is it possible to get withdrawals after not even a full day of using heroin? I was shaking like a leaf, and nauseous and the back of my neck got extremely hot. I was so uncomfortable I considered going to the hospital. Is it possible to withdraw that early? What happened there? I can’t seem to figure out why that would happen after only ten hours of being high. It was a white powder btw.

Common Prescription Drug Withdrawal Symptoms​

Like most prescription narcotics, abrupt hydrocodone cessation may herald the onset of withdrawal symptoms, which may include:

• Muscle aches
  • Runny nose
  • Sweating
  • Chills
  • Goosebumps
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Anxiety
  • Headaches
  • Mood swings
  • Depression
  • Fatigue
  • Drug cravings
Symptoms last 5-7 days, in most cases. Medications and therapy can soothe distress and reduce the risk of drug relapse.

hydrocodone withdrawal timeline

Hello everybody.

I apologize in advance for this rambling post... I guess I should start by saying I was taking OxyContin and hydrocodone for about a year and a half now... I was one of those people that thought I would never try heroin.. Unfortunately the pill supply dried up and three days into my withdrawals, I had the bright idea to drive two hours away because that’s the only person I knew that could give me relief. She only had heroin. So I snorted some for my first time. I never intended on buying any, but I bought some and brought it home along with some suboxones. The high was more sedating than pills but similar. Imo pills are better and a cleaner more energizing yet calm high. Heroin felt dirty. I feel like a weak individual for doing this. So anyway I was snorting tiny bumps probably about ten times in ten hours. Then night came and I was a little too tired for my liking so I hit myself with the narcan just to be safe. All the sudden 20 minutes of pure hell ensued. Is it possible to get withdrawals after not even a full day of using heroin? I was shaking like a leaf, and nauseous and the back of my neck got extremely hot. I was so uncomfortable I considered going to the hospital. Is it possible to withdraw that early? What happened there? I can’t seem to figure out why that would happen after only ten hours of being high. It was a white powder btw.
yes, the narcan put you into immediate precipitated withdrawal, but after a couple hours I assume you felt alright again?

it basically bumps the drugs out of your system, it's immediate withdrawal, but once it leaves your system after 2 hours the drugs can attach again to the receptors

for this reason, most people who get narcan'd wake up pissed off at everything, even though their life was just saved, it's powerful

Hello everybody.

It wasn't the heroin it was the year of abusing oxycodone and hydrocodone. Never inject yourself with naloxone. As a matter of fact you should probably never self administer naloxone because it's needed for overdose when you can't administer the oxygen needed to survive to your body, so you won't be self ingesting that stuff unless you plan on precipitated withdrawal.
I also noticed that you said you copped some Suboxone. If you take that while you have opiods in your body, you are going to withdrawal. It's an urban legend that it is the naloxone I'm Suboxone that causes precipitated withdrawal. It's the buprenorphine which is the active ingredient of both Suboxone and subutex asking with sublocade etc. Bupe is a "partial agonist". This means that it acts both as an antagonist (such as naloxone) as well as an agonist (sends a partial signal to your brain saying that you took an opioid.) So if you ever take any buprenorphine containing medication with a brain full of opiods, you will withdrawal. I once accidentally swallowed a piece of Subutex after taking 85mgs of methadone for close to a year. I called my doctor begging for advice. He said "Uh oh! Unfortunately it's going to be like going through a tunnel in hell. It's too late to turn around and you're going to suffer, but eventually you'll get through it and be whole on the other side. "
I threw the phone across the room and buried my head in my pillow. I couldn't do this for long however because I had to run to the bathroom over and over again with things coming out of my body that I never knew existed in this reality!
About you never thinking you would do heroin... Well everyone that has done heroin never thought they would do heroin. My only advice to you is stop doing it and stop doing the pills and you can maybe salvage your life!
I was given that advice I didn't listen.. over 20 years later and I'm on methadone for the 4th time. I've been in and out of rehab a many times it's embarrassing. There is nothing glamorous about this sort of life. It's as close as you can get to living hell on Earth. I've seen some of the strongest people that thought they could handle it just on the weekends or whatever get brought to their knees as if satan himself punched them in the nuts.
Anyone who is just starting on opiods, please take the advice while still possible and get off of the garbage. You can still live a good life the sooner you put that stuff behind you. It's chemical warfare. Your average street pusher isn't able to supply the country with the amount of opiods that have penetrated our borders.
This is a work only capable of a nation state just as you and I can't build a nuke, you and I can't provide millions of people with opiods of all sorts.. making fentanyl is not an easy task.
You need some serious science just like a country in the middle East is capeable of... You know, NOT Palestine but I'm that area ;)
One more thing, opiods ruin your hormones. In guys they cause hypogonadism (lack of testosterone).

Yeah, naloxone (and suboxone) cause precipitated withdrawal if you're addicted to opioids, which it sounds like you are (and anyone would be after a year and a half using oxy and hydro). Fortunately naloxone only lasts a couple of hours. if you take the suboxone before you're feeling significant withdrawals, you will experience a much longer period of precipitated withdrawal, because buprenorphine (the active compound in suboxone) lasts a long time, much longer than 2 hours.

Suboxone is great for coming off of opiates if you wait until you're fully withdrawing before you start taking it, and do a rapid taper (ie, 8mg the first day, or maybe less, depends on your tolerance, then 4mg the next day, 2mg the next day, 1mg the next day, 0.5mg the next day, 0.25mg the next day, and then stop - for example). It's also a pretty good maintenance opioid, to keep you from getting cravings and taking stronger opioids. But be careful if you're trying to use them while you're also using other opiates. It kicks you into precipitated withdrawal, and also it will block any other opioids from being able to affect you until it totally clears your system.

You're only 1.5 years in... it's early. I am hoping you will take this opportunity to leave opiates behind you. Trust me when I say it only gets much worse from here.