• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

i think weed is giving me brain damage

kushblowin

Bluelighter
i just cant get rid of this burnt out stupid slow feeling after smoking. i need to take something gaba related just to reverse the damage of it. as soon as i smoke it i just feel detached and cant think straight and i just hate the feeling. i was hooked on weed for so long i think i did permanent damage just smoking myself to another planet every day for years.

i havent smoked all day and i still have this brain dead numb feeling that wont go away. ive tried detoxing from weed and just drinking water hoping it would go away but that shit is there. i swear i feel like permanently slow, anxious, out of it every time i smoke. does anyone else feel like this? i thought at least lower doses would be alright but fuck im just not liking anything about weed anymore.

i used to not mind the feeling when i was in high school i just considered it an after glow and like a secondary high but now i just hate the feeling it feels like living in a fog even not hitting the weed hard it just feels like theres something clogging up my brain making everything really slow. do you think i should quit weed forever if i feel like this or i just need to get my mind straight? i dont mind the occasional smoke i just dont want to be brain dead 24/7 again high all the day constantly smoking another one.

Perhaps it is time to take an extended break from weed, it hangs around in your system a while so I think you need to give it 2 or 3 months to see if you feel any different. Maybe after that you would be better informed as to whether you should quit all together.

You're simply just smoking too much mate.

You need a break to clear your head, then if you still feel the need for weed afterwards, just take a fraction of what you're currently using. Sometimes 'less is more' with many drugs.

Weed is one of the few drugs that just keeps giving in my experience, the trick is not to abuse it.

After you've had a break you could try a vapourizer instead of smoking, I find it much easier to not get super blazed that way. I used to get paranoid after smoking but haven't since I got a vapourizer. It's also better for your lungs.

Brain fog from the weed yeah i feel this way after a few weeks waking an baking and smoking the entire day. Every thing even things yoj enjoy feel like a chore motivation levels are zero just cant be bothered!
You can either push through the day and get things done whike smoking and know uts the weed making u feel lazy n fatigued.
Or tell yourself that no weed until 6pm or when youve completed everything you had set for that day. Thay way you see it as a treat AFTER work. Collage the gym or whatever it may be.
Or totally quit i find my mind feels much much more clear and positive after 2 weeks of stopping. Thebfirdt 7 daus expect insomnia and sweating alot. Who ever said its not physically addictive hace never been a heavy daily smoker then stops. But yeah its not perminentnot from my experience anyway. Best of luck whatever u choose 👍🍀

that's happened to me kinda but in a different way....mainly im just not feeling it sometimes so i take an extended break

take a break and maybe come back later - or don't - that's my advice

It's definitely not giving you brain damage. Like others have said, best thing to do is to take a break and come back to it later if you want.

If this shit gave you brain damage I’d be in a wheelchair drooling on myself..

I get up in the middle of the night every 1-4hrs to take a hit, I’m essentially high 24/7.

Id be willing to bet it’s dietary or maybe your in need of exercise.

-GC

Like G-chem I'm always lit but I use oil as an edible and rarely smoke. If I smoke I have a lazy feeling the next day, if I only use as edibles I never have that feeling.

Smoking works when I don't have oil (which is essentially never) but smoking takes me higher and goes away much quicker. Edibles stay rock stable (now after 11 years, a bit mousey goosey the first 2 years). Edibles for function and smoking for recreation.

Once a year a take at least a week off everything usually a month break just to see if I'm still an unstable mess when I'm not medicated properly. I'm actually not bad without anything but my dopamine levels drop without THC in my system and I am less useful functionally.