• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

I think my neighbor is smoking meth

Have you simply tried telling him not to come around? Try telling not to just drop by.

This guys a weirdo. No one should be barging into a new neighbors place demanding to go buy alcohol and all that other stuff. That is just rude, and fucked up.
You tell this guy the next time he knocks on your door in a weird fashion that you will be talking to the landlord/cops the next time he bothers you. He just seems sketchy, easy as that.

I'm bipolar and I've abused a ton of stimulants in my day, but I've never done anything remotely resembling what you're describing. I've been around people like this, had people like this try to become "buddy buddy" with me, think I'm their new best friend and that they can just show up whenever they want to, and just because I was polite and accepted a beer they gave me the previous week, they're somehow now in my "inner circle"...You have to firmly tell these types to "Fuck Off!"...

This guy just has no social skills, no ability to pick up on social cues, no boundaries and probably very few friends. Behavior like you're describing sounds more to me like what I would consider a antisocial, "criminal" type personality. He may have mental health issues that exacerbate his pre-existing personality flaws, but to think that this kind of behavior is the norm for people with bi-polar or schizophrenia is simply untrue.

One of my best friends who committed suicide had schizoaffective disorder. He was a highly educated, sensitive, respectful and socially aware individual. He became reclusive when he was struggling with the breaks in reality that he'd sometimes have. He was on medication that controlled the symptoms most of the time, but it wasn't perfect, and because of that he had a hard time functioning and holding a regular job. Most people with a schizo-type diagnosis wouldn't behave in this kind of over-the-top, socially invasive way at all. If you confronted someone who was a paranoid schizophrenic when they were in the midst of having an episode, then you may see some yelling and screaming of things that don't really seem to make much sense, apparently aggressive behavior etc.

I was diagnosed bi-polar I, 7 years ago. When I'm in a manic phase, I become very consumed with creative inspiration and write and play my instruments for days on end without sleeping. I start to have a short temper and become frustrated with having to deal with "real world" responsibilities. If I stay awake too long, I start to feel somewhat disconnected from reality and sometimes entertain bizarre notions that have no basis in reality, i.e. "delusions"...When I go to sleep, these thought go away.

what I don't do, when either manic or on a meth binge(which I no longer use), is turn into a red-neck douchebag who suddenly thinks the whole world wants to party with him, start inappropriately confronting strangers, handing them Budweiser and knocking on their doors at 3AM!

Sorry, I guess I just take it personally that someone would try to explain this away as a "mental illness" when it's more a personality flaw in my eyes. The kind of person you're describing suffers from what I can only describe as "terminal repulsiveness"(I made this disorder up, just now)...The way someone like this acts, speaks, the way they interact with people...the majority of the world finds it "repulsive"!...I've seen males and females with this problem. They seem incapable of understanding what it is about them that makes people dislike them so much...therefore, they can't change it...Maybe they just can't accept it, IDK

In the end, what ends up happening IME, is that these people can only befriend other people who have these antisocial(maybe that's not the word) tendencies, or inability to socially adapt. so if you run into one person like this, chances are you'll meet a whole pack of them together at once, which is a trip! With men, it often seems to result in this group of guys with a shared resentment against the rest of the world that manifests in all sorts of, criminal, unacceptable behavior...

Whoa, see I'm probably going manic after writing this!

probably bath salts and the attached sleep deprivation/psychosis

this is coming from someone who used to use them, resulting in getting kicked out of apartment/losing a job and scared the hell out of his neighbors without understanding why

although my behavior wasn't nearly as threatening as OP's neighbor, did i behave uncharacteristically and understand why i may have appeared shady? of course.

but my neighbors handled it very poorly, without going into detail, they became extremely intrusive through investigation/spying, making things become unreasonably difficult for me handle

i was living on my own away from home, couldn't figure out how to make friends and spent way too much time experimenting in isolation
i was a psychological mess, luckily, ultimately i was the only victim and am stronger today because of the meltdown, openly sharing and having a laugh about it has easily helped with my recovery

^Don't feel too bad...I've done some bizarre things and so have many others....I just don't go out of my way to drag strangers into my insanity while it's happening in real time....The guy in this story just seems to have no measure of how to appropriately interact with people whatsoever!