• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I think my LSD trip might be TRULY significant?

PrimePacket

Greenlighter
I think my LSD trip might be TRULY significant? Is this what everyone experiences?

I learned the first time I tripped, that you aren't really tripping on LSD, you're tripping on "your own brain." I noticed that my trip began EXACTLY how I imagined it would. From there I realised how the drug really worked, which is "however you want it or expected it to be" (oversimplified as fuck). I gained more control over my trip and was able to observe many things about that state of consciousness, it is very powerful. It was a strange experience to realise that "I've tripped before" when I was tripping for the first time. It's a state of consciousness that I can almost achieve from staring into one spot, I even can get minor visuals without the drug. When I was on LSD I purposefully toggled visuals on and off in hopes to strengthen those neural pathways and better understand how to release those brain chemicals. There is much more brain activity and communication than usual when tripping and I believe you can use it as a tool to further understand how to control your brain, emotions, and perception of reality. I believe this is related to how LSD has been known to cure anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc. People keep asking about and reporting on psychedelics treating mental disorders. I think there is potential for psychedelics to treat any mental illness, or even improve cognitive function in general.

I would say that ~30% of my brain's activity was subconscious before tripping. And that has significantly reduced since. You can't understand what control you are missing out on if you don't even know the thing to control exists. I had the realisation that we really did evolve to have consciousness, and to believe we are in FULL control, which we are not. This is the best I can put my experience into words. It makes me question how much preconceived opinions about LSD can shape your trip.

Some people say you can achieve the EXACT same effect from many psychedelics if you match the dose right. I can see how that could be true now that I understand that you really are tripping on your own brain. I learned that you are capable of convincing yourself of anything, and that being truly convinced can make something "true" in some cases. I can't quite put what I'm trying to say into words, but I've done the best I can. It's like having a fourth dimensional creature take you to the fourth dimension. You gain an inhuman understanding of your own brain and how you evolved consciousness.

I had enough of an understanding of this phenomenon that I was able to get sober people into a slightly limited form of this state of consciousness by getting them to question their own perception and themselves, which resulted in them falling into the thought-loop briefly. (Note: This was all happening while I was tripping. I was conducting psychological tests while tripping lol) From there I think it becomes apparent that you have such limited control of your own brain, that it triggers the state of consciousness. I could tell that something chemically in their brain changed when they understood this concept. I observed larger pupils in the people that I put into this state and one of them even exhibited slurred speech. It's like their brain subconsciously knew how significant this understanding was. You realise that people who have had religious "enlightenment" did have an enlightenment, it was that they could convince themselves that they were enlightened. In fact, you can convince yourself of anything. Truly profound. I have a theory that all LSD does is induce this state, and possibly has some other minor effects. There was a moment that I knew that I was capable of making myself believe that I was going crazy, and as a result I would ACTUALLY go crazy. It was kind of scary. I wonder if it is possible to make a video that has a decent success rate in inducing this state of understanding/consciousness. We do not understand SHIT about psychology.

I would love to hear thoughts about my first psychedelic experience. Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to psychedelics. ;) If I'm honest I don't fully follow some of your lines of reasoning but what is indisputable is that LSD and other psychedelics can and do frequently open people's eyes to new ways of perceiving and understanding the world we inhabit, the nature of consciousness and reality. The challenge, in my view, is integrating those experiences into something truly applicable to everyday life in a way that will better yourself and the lives of those around you. Not everyone is able to do this, and sometimes the insights gained can be misinterpreted, and lead people down a dark path. But of course, the "right" way to do this, and what it means to "better" things are hard concepts to define. In fact I personally believe some aspects of a trip are indefinable with language and the tools we have available to us presently, and it's an open question what, if any, aspects of the psychedelic state have any "true" meaning, or relevance to anything - much as it is an open question whether life, human sentience, and the universe have any higher meaning or if the idea that something has to have meaning is a purely human concept, and maybe nothing really "means" anything.

You are of course correct, our understanding of human psychology is limited at best, but we are getting there. Psychedelics almost definitely DO have massive potential for treating mental disorders, and there is ongoing research into this despite the difficulties imposed by the current legal climate... but this research is in it's infancy, and psychedelics are a somewhat blunt instrument in many ways - most of them act on a wide range of receptors, the exact functions of which are poorly understood in themselves, so it's difficult to narrow down which exact aspects of the subjective psychedelic experience itself, and which specific neurological impacts of these substances are actually beneficial, and what aspects are either irrelevant or even undesirable. So I would just urge some caution in considering them a magic elixir, as some psychedelic enthusiasts have done in the past... even though it is tempting to see them in this way, magical substances which they most definitely are.

Either way though, it sounds like you had a positive experience, which is good to hear. Best of luck in integrating your experience further and in any future escapades you might embark upon. :)

Sounds like an amazing first psychedelic experience. I'm sure you'll have an interesting journey, indeed.

Don't forget the ability and tendency to bring others to where you are.

currently drifting about on cannabis vapor and a bit of irish whisky, but I must say the words in the OP were very compelling such that I nicely dissociated into a very LSD experience of sitting here reading this which is exactly what I would rather be doing, here in space with all those stars and galaxies radiating at me through the dark part of my room which could be any spaceship.

On the one hand: yes expansion of consciousness can also be achieved by e.g. a meditation retreat, I guess other yogic practices too.

On the other hand: psychedelics may also trigger pathways which can make it feel both rewarding and incredibly novel. Supposedly there are circuits in the brain not only for rewards but also novelty and I seem to have developed into not an adrenaline junkie but a novelty junkie. :)

This is not to degrade or devalue psychedelic experiences. They can herald and catalyze incredible personal development. You should also be a little careful about lighting up your mind and about what you ask for. Opening up too much too quickly can be really overwhelming and pointless. Also some people think they want to be free and they may call themselves seekers, but in my experience in a certain sense freedom can be anticlimactic and not what you imagine it to be. It can lead to problems like choice (we have a lot of that nowadays) and simply not knowing what you ought to do without a framework or even meaning.

The point of it rather, in my experience, is using that perspective and integrating it into your ego and caged life. Make it the best cage there could ever be for you. Own it, become the warden...

I don't think enlightenment is all that supernatural by the way, just like lucid dreaming is amazing but not so uncommon that there we have to wait ages for one to come along.

Again: I am not trying to put it down but instead say that I think it is accessible yet not something to live for cause that would totally defeat the point.

Taking "control" over your mind and life and using psychedelics wisely as a tool is absolutely incredible, and letting go completely at least as much so.. =D

And no we don't know shit about psychology, much less about metaphysics and the illusion of materiality. It's fun this way though isn't it? ;)

Wise words Solipsis, notning to add just agree with intuitive depth. Although, lucid dreaming to me feels like an acid high in many ways, and yin yoga is a badass occult practice.

You know when a post resonates? If I ask something out of psychedelics I tend to be surprised by the outcome. My best trips are when I wake up one day and decide it is a nice day to trip amd it has been a while. It’s not like I’m looking for the mysteries of life like I used to as a youngin. I trip, experience, move on and continue to change. It can even become an ego trap if dwelled on too much. I personally have my doubts that psychedelics exist.

Last edited:
My craziest acid trip I mixed with DXM and my body dissapeared. Like I was walking around and shit but when I looked down it wasn't there. WTF?