❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I think my cousin might be a lesbian/bisexual

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
I have this cousin. She's about 14. I'm not going to take the time to discuss the intricate details to my big, confusing family tree, so let's just say... it's big. I got many uncles, aunts and cousins, some I don't even know or care to know. However, this one is rather sweet. There's something I worry about though. Now we talk to each other a lot, and we don't live far from each other and we interact a lot. She has this friend (a girl) who she's obsessed with. I think she might like her more than a friend. She's all she talks about. She's relatively sensitive and is definitely too attached to that other girl. I don't think she's lesbian just because they do things like kiss, hold hands or share a bed... but I'm more concerned about how frequently she talks about her and get emotional over her. There was one time where we were all going out (my friends and her friends) and something came up and the other girl couldn't go. She literally started crying, in front of all of us. Some of her friend stopped hanging out with her after that.
In general she seems down when the other girl isn't here. Whenever the girl has to come home, you can literally hear her tone of voice lowering. She is just not the same when that girl isn't around. They hang out all the time. It's to the point where I legitimately wonder, where the hell is this other girls parents? She's always with my cousin. You would swear they lived together? Doesn't this girl ever go home?
And she's always worried about her. I don't know the circumstances, but apparently this other girl has a lot of problems. My cousin hasn't told me specifically what these problems are, but I know it's enough to get her chocked up. I know this other girl must have some serious issues. Because my cousin is pretty open about stuff. For her to say not wanna talk about the "issues" her friend is facing means that it must be a pretty big deal.
I know these things don't automatically make her a lesbian. However, it's just the way she talks about her. She talks like she's in love. It's actually somewhat poetic the way she describes her, and she does NOT speak that way about anything else.

Now the reason why I'm concerned isn't because I'm against this, or even because I think she's a lesbian. However, a lot of my family members, especially her immediate ones, are not for that sort of thing. A lot of them are very ignorant and might get suspicious of her. They aren't right now. And I notice how the two behave around me and my friends vs. how they behave around my cousins family. They do not act the same. They're much more affectionate when my aunt and uncle ain't around. However, some of my other family members are talking behind her back about this. And that's a real cause for concern.

I think I wanna talk to her. I've noticed the older they've gotten the close they've gotten. And if they go to far, my aunt and uncle might get suspicious or some other family member will get suspicious and rumors would get spread. And in the worst case scenario, my aunt and uncle (especially my aunt) would no longer allow them to see each other again.
Honestly, these two have been real close since they were really young. I have no idea what would happen. Her whole world would be shattered.
I wanna tell her to tone it down, at least around other family members. But it would feel awkward. I wanna tell her, "Hey, listen, some of our family members are talking about you and they think you and her a little more than friends. I'm not judging you, but you need to tone it down around family with her."
It's just so awkward that I don't really feel like talking to her about this.
I don't want people to keep spreading rumors and they end up not being able to see each other. I could imagine how hurt she would be.

I can't help but wonder if you'd feel the same way if you were not partial to lesbians in a sexual way (from your previous plethora of threads) rather than a simple urgency to protect the rights of your friends and family.
Would you feel the same if this cousin of yours was potential a gay male? Or would you be one of those judgemental family members who you are trying to protect her from.

To answer your question, maybe try talking to her but don't be so direct... stop assuming. Ask her questions.
Ask her about her romantic life, has she kissed any boys yet? Does she like any boys? ask her how she feels about her friend but don't just outright tell her that you think they are romantically involved..
And on top of this fact, instead of trying to convince her that she NEEDS to hide it; why not show her that you support her and maybe have her back, or are you afraid to defend gay rights to your family?

how is this relevant to anything?

its her business, its speculation and no-one on this forum is going to gain anything from this thread.

leave her alone and let her live her own life without interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.