• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I Think I'm Going To Drink Poppy Tea

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I've drank a bunch of codeine cough syrup before, never fiended for it or anything. Just felt awesome when I was on it =D I kinda feel like trying the whole drinking poppy tea thing though. Not sure why. Just curious and think it would likely be a bit stronger than the codeine, yet safe in comparison to other opiates. I woudn't shoot smack or do oxy. It's been offered to me, but I've seen too many people die or fuck up their lives from shooting up to consider it. Somehow, drinking poppy tea or simply drinking a bunch of cough syrup to nod out seems a bit cleaner and safer. Though, I realize that might not be an accurate way of looking at things. Just my perception. Somehow drinking poppy tea seems a bit safer than railing a bunch of oxy.

What are your thoughts on drinking poppy tea? Is it safer than most opiates and less addictive than strong opiates like oxy and junk? Or is it basically just the homemade equivalent of shooting smack? Or somewhere in the middle? Thoughts? I want to try this, but I'm curious just how "bad" this is? Just to feel niice and chill out. Not to get fucked up. Just to chill out at the end of the day, not to drink it during the day.

I've drank a bunch of codeine cough syrup before, never fiended for it or anything. Just felt awesome when I was on it =D I kinda feel like trying the whole drinking poppy tea thing though. Not sure why. Just curious and think it would likely be a bit stronger than the codeine, yet safe in comparison to other opiates. I woudn't shoot smack or do oxy. It's been offered to me, but I've seen too many people die or fuck up their lives from shooting up to consider it. Somehow, drinking poppy tea or simply drinking a bunch of cough syrup to nod out seems a bit cleaner and safer. Though, I realize that might not be an accurate way of looking at things. Just my perception. Somehow drinking poppy tea seems a bit safer than railing a bunch of oxy.

What are your thoughts on drinking poppy tea? Is it safer than most opiates and less addictive than strong opiates like oxy and junk? Or is it basically just the homemade equivalent of shooting smack? Or somewhere in the middle? Thoughts? I want to try this, but I'm curious just how "bad" this is? Just to feel niice and chill out. Not to get fucked up. Just to chill out at the end of the day, not to drink it during the day.

Poppy seed tea can cause just as great a physical dependence as any other opiate ( maybe even worse... considering the great number of alkaloids ) ... but there is no rush and it has a very long duration so you could say its not as compulsive as something like oxy or heroin. Not really dangerous to do occasionally just don't get in the habit of drinking it every day because withdrawal is quite harsh. Also, the amount of alkaloids in the seeds is unpredictable, and because of that there is a risk of OD. This is more of a problem if you are opiate naive. If you have any kind of tolerance its pretty unlikely. I usually use 1kg of store bought seeds and it works quite well but don't expect to be productive, its a VERY sedating high. You may want to start with less seeds, especially if you have a high quality unwashed seeds. Closer to a pound maybe. Good luck.

I tried it and I've never heard ANYONE talk about the possibility of this symptom happening... but for an entire week I was literally scratching myself horrendously. LONG after the high wore down. I don't know if it was specifically the seeds I bought but that was so frustrating. I think you need to be drinking it more than once to be able to process all of the alkaloids properly.

If you have never tried oxy or any other opiate I do not recommend drinking this. It can either be extremely powerful or you don't feel anything at all so you try to get the dose right by taking more... and could potentially die. To me, oxy is more of a stimulant and helps me get things done. Poppy tea was a severe downer for me and I was pretty spaced out for hours and even two days afterwards. The tea is very unsafe for anyone without a tolerance for opoids because as stated by the post above the amount is so variable. Start off small to see how strong your specific batch of seeds are and then wait a couple of hours before deciding to redose for safety precautions. People have died from this stuff in the past and in a way oxy is far safer because you can gauge your amount in milligrams.

I began my opiate addiction with Poppy Tea. It is so strong, so full spectrum that pills and smack pale in comparison. It has also given me the worst withdrawals I have ever experienced. Do not underestimate it simply by calling it "Tea".

um, you need to see this thread,

Poppy Seed Tea Withdrawal Is Hell

this is the most recent post, of this poor guy going through poppy tea withdrawals.

iamgollum said:
Day 23. Recovery is weird. Got about 5 hours sleep night before last and felt pretty good yesterday. Even though it was hotter than hell, I was outside all day working around the house. I felt absolutely exhausted before bed last night and thought "this is it--great night sleep on the way". Nope. I don't think I slept at all last night and feel crappy this morning. Tired/low energy, have a pounding headache, legs are very achy again, and have some congestion coming back. Who knows, maybe it has more to do with being active out in the heat yesterday that with recovery--I would probably believe that if it were not for the lack of sleep. The insomnia just absolutely sucks--no other way to describe it. Like many have said above, I am going to probably have good days and bad days for a while so I guess I need to just be patient and keep moving forward, but it makes it tough to stay focused and positive. Just glad it is a holiday and I don't have to go into work.

On a positive note, I was cleaning out the freezer in garage and I found 2 bottles of PST that I had made up for "emergencies" that I completely forgot about. I kept a couple of bottles in the freezer in case I ran out of seeds or didn't have time to mix the tea. Did not even consider drinking them and I immediately dumped them out. It felt good and definitely is progress.

i did that shit for fucking years - it's really addictive, you can buy it anywhere, and it's a fucking major hassle to obtain and make a dose every day.

if you "try" it, and you like it, i can almost guarantee you'll get addicted. and that's horrible, that shit will be in your life for years - maybe even together.
opiates are a dead end man, and poppy seed tea is fucked in so many ways - and nasty long withdrawals that can last for weeks.

i'm definitely not a "just say no" guy - but your post reads like every dope addict's words before it got the better of them. it's not worth developing a taste for, because opiate addiction is fucked up man - it's no less risky as any other opiate, except the withdrawals are considerably more drawn out, so it's among the hardest to kick.
and once you get into one opiate, i've known people who ended up using street smack after being into poppy tea. not worth it man.

You're super right to call opiates a "dead end." It doesn't lead anywhere but more darkness lol--and it can always get wayyy darker

Wow, that story in that thread scared me. I had no idea just how bad this stuff was. I probably won't try it, or if I did would make it a VERY occasional thing. Getting hooked on it sounds just as bad or worse than any other strong opiate.

Poppy tea is alright on occasion but no more than that, an antihistamine resolved the itches associated with it.

Im not into opiates and havent suffered withdrawals despite slamming hammer for a few months last year. I put that down to using while slamming shards tbh. Not that using meth is a great way of reducing opiate withdrawals but hey worked for me.

[MENTION][/MENTION]Why not just stick to codeine if your bothered about safety standards ive never tried poppy seed tea and never intend to if done codeine tramadol dhc and lope the strongest probably being lope but mainly i take codeine for pain management and have managed to sustain a low tolerance for over 3 years now not that I'm naive to think that I might not spiral out of control if I'm not careful my point is: most people can't even get high off codeine the poor bastards so being able to get high off the least addictive and dangerous(but it's still very addictive and dangerous obviously)opiate id say stick with that because that would be a lot safer but if you take I get high it's only a matter of time before your tolerance rises so much the codeine will stop effecting you and then you might just wanna give the poppy tea a try and you know the rest.