• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe I think I'm dying - Suboxone + MDMA binge = Serotonin Syndrome? Serious help needed

FreedomCalls

Bluelighter

I've been trying to figure out what I did but I fucked myself up good this time. Over the last week I heavily binged on a large amount of Xanax pills, followed by an IV dose of 200 mg of MDMA while on suboxone.

Everything seemed OK. the shot was too big, I could tell when I hit it, but I rolled fine and recovered that day OK mostly.

But now 3 days later, its been around 3-4 days, I haven't slept not even a minute, which also could be related to the benzos but I do not feel withdrawal like symptom of benzo really.

But I feel brain zaps, brain pressure, severe insomnia, erectile dysfunction, lack of libido, hypothermia, lack of appetite.

I am scared I may have really fucked myself up here. I am discontinuing my suboxone today to try and help but that means I won't sleep for another 10 days and I already haven't slept for 4 days and I really can't go to the hospital with CO-VID right now I don't want to risk infection or be there at this time to be honest. Nor could I even explain to a doctor the levels of my drug abuse with honest care from most.

What can I do? I have a few Xanax I can obtain to help force sleep, but fuck man I can't keep taking that shit either.

I'm serious and committed to detoxing today and stopping all drugs but fuck I hope it's not too late for my brain. The feeling I have in my head is unexplainable vibration of uncomfortability. I'm so stressed out I can't even get close to sleeping and my brain is wide awake moving when I try..

What the fuck do I do

Last edited:
You need emergency care. Go to the hospital immediately.

I know that is what I SHOULD do here, but the chances of that is not likely.

I don't think I have it in me to explain to a doctor what I did to myself and while I do have insurance I can't hit that 6 grand co pay right now.

What are the chances this resolves with time and sobriety?

I do believe I have a mild - moderate case of serotonin syndrome. Honestly I am going to discontinue use of all serotonin or dopamine related substances and try and sit this one out.

I know no one here is a doctor but I trust this community more than my local hospital tbh. I'd rather try and cure myself. Which I know is entirely idiotic and I could die possibly but I don't think I'm going to die if that makes sense

Take it from me, life is too precious. I want you to live. Never mind explanations. Their job is to save your life. That's all that's important right now. You've got to survive!

Take it from me, life is too precious. I want you to live. Never mind explanations. Their job is to save your life. That's all that's important right now. You've got to survive!

If i lived in a free healthcare country I would 100% go right now because I would be curious to see the CAT scan. I bet my brain would be lit' up like a fuckin' Christmas tree.

However if my symptoms don't get better or get any worse than this moment I will go to the hospital.

Let the world know that the human body can recover from EXTREME levels of drug abuse. But I'm done for good now. I can't do these things any longer. The fun is gone and my health is going with it.

Yea your not sleeping and getting zapped from the combined effects of the Xanax binge and MDMA experience at the end. Both of these can cause these symptoms and together they’ll obviously be nasty.

If you don’t want to go in there’s nothing else to be said except wait it out. I doubt your in any danger from a week of benzo use but don’t expect this to be fun. Eat healthy and exercise when you can, within 1-2 weeks this should pass.

-GC

I would be curious to see the CAT scan. I bet my brain would be lit' up like a fuckin' Christmas tree.

If your CAT scan results came back that way, you'd be in the clear.
Damaged areas with decreased activity show up as dark spots.
Comparable to that dead christmas tree laying in your neighbor's gutter in January.
🕵️‍♂️

Is there someone who can stay with you to keep an eye on you? If you're not able to access healthcare. Take care mate

OP, can you update us? Hope everything went fine and you are doing much better after recovering.

Take care,
Fent