• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I Think I Might Have Serotonin Syndrome?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Recently increased my dose of Sertraline (Zoloft) from 150mg/day to 200mg/day. I also take 150mg Trazodone a day. I also take Codeine and Morphine which increase serotonin. And Valproic Acid. And sometimes Metoclopramide.

I have diarrhoea, mild fever, stiff muscles, myoclonus, rapid heart rate, anxiety and flushed skin.

Is that enough to be sure? What should I do?

Recently increased my dose of Sertraline (Zoloft) from 150mg/day to 200mg/day. I also take 150mg Trazodone a day. I also take Codeine and Morphine which increase serotonin. And Valproic Acid. And sometimes Metoclopramide.

I have diarrhoea, mild fever, stiff muscles, myoclonus, rapid heart rate, anxiety and flushed skin.

Is that enough to be sure? What should I do?
It's probably a milder issue but it does not hurt to get yourself checked.

Well the diagnosis criteria is straightforward:

But it's easy to self-assess as positive for a number of these due to a combination of unfamiliarity with assessing such things as well as psychosomatic factors

But given than you merely went up 50mg on your zoloft, with all else being the same, I doubt you're experiencing symptoms of serotonin toxicity. Anything is possible of course.

Your symptoms are symptoms of serotonine wd and be Happy u didn't seized yet. Probably thanks to valproic acid. Opiates and everything serotonergic lower seizure treshold and serotonin syndrom was often pre-seizure state in my case. Take benzos or cyproheptadine but be careful, morphine and codeine suppress respiration.