• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines I think I got a rash from DMT?

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I've taken it like 70 times and this hasn't happened until now. It's a relatively new pen a friend of mine made, he just heated it up over the stove until it was liquified and poured it into the cartridge. The last cart I got from him seemed to be from the same batch.

I can't really be sure though. The around my neck and upper chest itch, it feels like what was happening with me recently when I'd drink kava. I'd get this irritating rash, but I also have been taking way too long of showers which tend to be hot. So it's possible DMT did dry out my skin or something? Idk. I see some redness throughout my chest and upper chest/neck in particular. Have tripped on this new pen a few times now without a reaction like this but I tripped ridiculously hard. I've never seen reality distort itself so violently in my life. My face was unrecognizable, distorted, cracked and full of holes.

I think before I even did it I noticed some irritation on the upper chest region, so that's why I can't really be sure it was from this, especially since it resembled exactly what was happening with me and kava and DMT isn't known to cause skin reactions or anything. When I tripped last summer I didn't have tinnitus and therefore didn't take long hot showers and would be sweaty anyway, so my skin was not very dry. That was from an original batch which was more yellow, the one I have now is more brown, just like the previous pen I chiefed through fine. I did notice when I took kratom this morning I was itchy as if I've been doing kava, so I really wonder what's going on here. Maybe I do just shower for too long but then I'm not sure why it'd suddenly cause me to feel more itchy after doing the DMT.

I've read about "lye/bark contamination" in brown batches and maybe that's what happened here... I wonder why the previous one with the same batch didn't cause a reaction though? Then again, I went very far.

I'll have to try this again tonight. I took 6g of kratom this afternoon and notice similar redness as last night in the same regions. I took 1.5g a few hours before I did DMT last night and maybe this was enough to push skin irritation back. All I know is dry skin from long showers has to be some of the factor here, even with kava. I did it for months before I started having issues but I really do shower for too long often to reduce my tinnitus which hopefully I'll have some answer to in the next week when I see a new ENT. Or just quit using THC which always spikes it badly for at least a month. Addiction to it and the fact that it reduces my anxiety so much makes it a bit difficult.

DMT isn't associated with skin issues and would especially be weird to present after doing the shit 70 times at least. Perhaps it has more plant matter but my friend insists that it wasn't, quoting him:

"It was not the pen there's no chance of contamination with my extraction method it was more brown cuz I did less purges but contamination is literally impossible as it's all filtered out which most methods don't do.. I bet it was the dabs you took and all that weed just having a delayed reaction" -- he could've been right there but weed/dabs were never known to cause skin issues for me. Maybe handling flower I'd get a tiny welt sometimes but otherwise nothing really, some itchy eyes.

I do have the same redness in the same spots after this afternoons kratom dose and the doses definitely have been going way up from where they used to be on days off. Hell I used to do as little as 3g and get smacked, I need to just take less and lower my tolerance. Being on oxy after my wisdom teeth surgery jacked up my tolerance quite a bit which didn't help but 5g used to be my limit basically, or 6g. These days I've taken around 7g at times which is some of the highest I've taken at once in many years. Kava I'm sure was an issue but I think the fact that I also take kratom made it more likely to have issues with it.