• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

I Sweat a Lot

your skin a large organ that sweats to cool down, or if sweat is isolated to a specific area (face, arms, groin) then it is generally emotionally induced.

try shaving your armpit hair and see if that helps

generally armpit hair helps regulate the body temp, and prevent skin on skin contact which leads to grossness.

PI/1kW: You cats have any idea what I can expect to pay with insurance for Botox?
Busty might but prescription Drysol will be cheaper. If you do get insurance there is little chance that it will cover botox for sweating unless other methods have been tried.

What's your current rate of opioid intake like? I sweat a lot more and 'inappropriately' when on a solid dose, undergoing even very mild physical exertion.
BlahBlahBlah said:
so I look into this--or etizolam 'cos it's mad cheap .

ummm...You don't want to risk developing a benzo habit from trying to treat excess perspiration.

ebola

^I do a shot of dope about once a week, though I seem to sweat less when I'm high. I was kinda joking about the etizolam, but it could be helpful for certain situations when I know I'm going to be nervous as fuck.

There's quite a lot of different treatments for excessive sweating from homeopathic remedies like SweatLess and mineral salts to Rx anticholinergic meds like Egazil and Ditropan as well as Botox shots, a heat treatment called MiraDry where they fry your sweat glands, and strong antiperspirants both Rx and otc.
I figure i've done enough damage to my body already so i try the "natural" remedies first, like mineral salts and the lemon that someone suggested. Those will help w/ stink factor but if the excessive amount of sweating is the bigger problem, you may have to try something more aggressive.
Word of warning about using too much strong antiperspirant; you can clog up your sweat glands and cause an abscess. My kid did it by using too much a/p way too often, no fun at all getting an abscess in your armpit.
Lots of people sweat like crazy. Google it, check reviews about different treatments, and you'll find something that will help.

Ha! I read that as "Swearing" on my first read, and I was really confused when everyone was talking about sweating and antiperspirants and shit.