• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I swear blunts get me higher!

anti150

Bluelighter
Why does it seem like i get higher smoking the same ammount of weed in a blunt than a joint or bong?

I'm gonna assume you're in the US? And don't mix with tobacco when smoking joints? If so, that's why. Tobacco has more of an effect when mixed with cannabis, blunts are made of tobacco. And if you don't smoke cigarettes normally it will definitely provide a noticeable difference to your high. Try putting a small amount (5th of a cigarette ish) in with a joint and compare the effects to that of a blunt.

Physically blunts and joints give you the least amount of THC to smoke by ratio, however, when you smoke a blunt you're more inclined to finish a greater amount of weed in a shorter period of time. Also, the tobacco thing.

Physically blunts and joints give you the least amount of THC to smoke by ratio, however, when you smoke a blunt you're more inclined to finish a greater amount of weed in a shorter period of time. Also, the tobacco thing.

I always figured blunts usually burn slower so you get more smoke, but you guys are probably right im sure the tobacco potentiates the weed nicely, but blunts don't have THAT much tobacco, do they? I mean, smoking a blunt full of weed isn't as bad as smoking a cigarette is it?

I always figured blunts usually burn slower so you get more smoke, but you guys are probably right im sure the tobacco potentiates the weed nicely, but blunts don't have THAT much tobacco, do they? I mean, smoking a blunt full of weed isn't as bad as smoking a cigarette is it?

It isn't the tobacco, it's the level of nicotine in the tobacco that is potentiating your high.

Tom

A blunt wrap is really just dried tobacco leaves. Usually with an added flavor. It's not much different from cigar wraps. Blunts are, after all, cigarillos (mini cigars). The nicotine is definitely giving you an added buzz. Personally I always found blunts to be less effective at getting me high than any other method... Then again, I prefer the rush of a nice fat bong rip over letting the THC slowly sink in when smoking blunts/jays, but that's just me.

THC_Graphs.png

Salutations Anti150,

« I swear blunts get me higher! »

Hummm... I see. But i'm afraid of heights, so...

Do these also take you further? By any chance?...

But don't ask me where.

Good day, have fun!! =D

I waste a lot of weed with a new bowl I bought, If it's not packed tight, a bunch of bud gets owned. The dish of the bowl is too big

theres just no reason why a bong would have greater absorption than a pipe for eg,
also kief, tumbler and bubble hash are all essentially the same, in fact kief and tumbler hash are the same.
so both the charts seem like 80% bullshit imo.

I think it's cos you smoke more than usual in a blunt and it has that tobacco in it. But I too have noticed feeling more stoned on a blunt.

Cigars arent meant to be inhaled. The nicotine absorption is through the mouth and tong. This is also the reason they deliver a LOT more nicotine than cigarettes tobacco (in ppm in the smoke, not in the body when not inhaled... Then again I actually seem to recall they do and that smoking a full cigar gives you way more nicotine than a cigarette even whitout inhaling).

Well point is, my guess would be there is a lot of nicotine from the blunt from the material and from the fact you inhale something not made for that, hence you get more nicotine than mixing weed with a bit of cigarette tobacco to roll a joint.

@kaosisallwesee

you said :
theres just no reason why a bong would have greater absorption than a pipe for eg

Might be that the authors of the study considered the total amount of smoke you can inhale in one toke and then the bong would be clearly superior to the pipe. However if that is the case they chose their words poorly.

im from the US. in California where i started smoking it was normal to mix tobacco in with weed if we rolled it together we called it a spliff if it was in a bowl it was called a mole bowl. but ive sinced moved to ohio and virginia in both place people never heard of it and a few people even said i was just wasting the weed until they smoked it. ive been consistently told that my spliffs get people higher than theyve ever been before and i used to do it just because i love tobacco as much as i love smoking weed but i definltley notice a difference, the tobacco hits you first and when it isnt filtered like in a cigarette it hits kinda hard like lightheadedness and the weed takes over and its perfect. a match made in heaven if you ask me

Like others have said it's a combination of 2 drugs doing this will make you feel different than if you just used 1 drug

im from the US. in California where i started smoking it was normal to mix tobacco in with weed if we rolled it together we called it a spliff if it was in a bowl it was called a mole bowl. but ive sinced moved to ohio and virginia in both place people never heard of it and a few people even said i was just wasting the weed until they smoked it. ive been consistently told that my spliffs get people higher than theyve ever been before and i used to do it just because i love tobacco as much as i love smoking weed but i definltley notice a difference, the tobacco hits you first and when it isnt filtered like in a cigarette it hits kinda hard like lightheadedness and the weed takes over and its perfect. a match made in heaven if you ask me

Yeah, where I grew up (Sydney, Australia) nearly everyone we smoked with and knew would smoke bongs and would mix tobacco with the weed. It usually went like this... Buy a gram of hydro or natural (reg) weed and mix 1 cigarette with it and chop it all up nice and fine, then pack cones and smoke them. The tobacco would make people spin a bit hence the nickname for us of calling tobacco spin. Nearly everyone did it too.

I now no longer use bongs or tobacco at all and my chest is so much healthier. I use straight weed in vape, and I love it. At first it was hard to get used to because I was so used to the spin rush and deep heavy breaths of the bong, but that was really stuffing up my chest badly, i'm glad I stopped doing it to myself. It's hard to compare which method I think gets me as stoned, because basically both methods I used (bongs and now vapes) got or get me very stoned. I'm just glad to be off tobacco because it is very addictive and causes alot of serious health problems.

I also do use edibles, but it's pretty rare, just a once a few times a year kind of thing.