• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I smoked this random joint I found on beach rocks

moonyham

Bluelighter
This happened a couple of years ago but I was fishing with a friend off some rocks in a pretty remote place. You see the odd other fisher but usually not. Anyway we didn't have any weed this afternoon and on very jagged kinda wet rocks that I was clambering over, I find this fat joint that's had maybe one or two hits off it and then been put out. Kinda jammed in the rock.

It was definitely a weird experience given me and my mate pretty much always have weed and to go fishing without it is very much.. Not done. It felt like a gift from the universe. This place is remote. Where that joint was, was starting to get splashed and I saved it just in time. It was slightly dampish from minor splash damage but mostly dry. It could have been smoked as is, maybe. I put it in my dry inner jacket pocket and we agreed we would smoke it after fishing when we get back to the car.

So we get back to the car, the joint had dried out nicely and we proceed to smoke it. It tasted like good weed. Nothing about it was off or weird except maybe a little harsh or something but hey little bit of salt I guess from the ocean water.

Well we got blazed as fuuuck. Like I have not been that incredibly stoned many times in my life. And to get that off one joint between two people. It reminded me of being a 16yo smoking weed.

We both kinda thought maybe it was laced with some synthetics etc, or that the weed was just some incredibly powerful stuff. However it didn't taste weird. But I wonder if the salt had any effect? I know burning salt produces gnarly shit, so it's definitely not something I want to recreate to test this theory. But it just seems weird like, to get that fucked up from half a joint.

Thing is I've smoked a lot of different weed, some of it being very top shelf stuff. I didn't get that blazed from high quality weed I've bought and smoked. It was hard to believe really, that it was just weed due to the power of it.

Anyway if anyones ever smoked a sea sprayed joint or similar then chime in.

Also yes I do accept smoking random joints I find isn't a safe practice and I do not recommend this haha

I’d be afraid I’d get herpes or some disease from the joint more then anything drug related
you’re brave

It's not hard to pinch a joint with your fingers so that none of the actual joint touches your lips. Another old school way my dad taught me was putting the joint between your ring finger and middle finger, making a fist and taking a hit from your thumb and index finger making a circle. Kind of like duck calling hand posture of that makes sense?

I never let joints touch my lips if I'm sharing regardless, so yeah that doesn't worry me too much haha.

Cant beat Sea weed moony lol.How lucky to find the joint in a time of need.Dont know if the salt did anything though

Yes it was very much the universe providing.

hahhaha always a weird getting weed that seems mid and end up being great hahah.

Yes the salt added NaCl, CaSO2, MgCl2 MgSO2 and KCl to the mix
It had give or take the effect of salt

Can you expand?

I might add that actually me and my friends once smoked the shit out of ourselves trying to keep warm in a cave one stormy night. We used beach wood and it was burning crazy colours, green etc. We breathed in so much smoke trying to stay warm but gave up as we couldn't take it and used the car. Well I felt fucked up and Googled burning beach wood and apparently it's really bad cause of the salt. We all had a sad laugh about damage done haha. I imagine given we smoked ourselves like fish breathing this shit in is probably why I felt so messed up. I don't know if high is the right word but similar maybe to doing morphine. Sluggish.

0/10 do not recommend smoking yourself like a fish with drift wood.

Should I quit alcohol and start smoking weed
That's completely up to you. No one here can say what you should or shouldn't do.

I can say objectively speaking that alcohol is much harder on the body and brain than herb. Alcohol literally breaks down the organs over time, is incredibly dehydrating, and makes people do dumb shit like getting into fights and driving recklessly. Think about how painful a hangover is and how shitty it makes you feel; it is literally wreaking havoc on the brain. Weed, not so much although driving while extremely high can be dangerous as well.

I haven't drank alcohol in years but still get high every chance I get. No hangovers, no DWIs, no fights, organs intact, and live a relatively healthy lifestyle overall. YMMV

Can you expand?

I might add that actually me and my friends once smoked the shit out of ourselves trying to keep warm in a cave one stormy night. We used beach wood and it was burning crazy colours, green etc. We breathed in so much smoke trying to stay warm but gave up as we couldn't take it and used the car. Well I felt fucked up and Googled burning beach wood and apparently it's really bad cause of the salt. We all had a sad laugh about damage done haha. I imagine given we smoked ourselves like fish breathing this shit in is probably why I felt so messed up. I don't know if high is the right word but similar maybe to doing morphine. Sluggish.

0/10 do not recommend smoking yourself like a fish with drift wood.
It's sea salt. The green color comes from KCl

It should be similar to bath salts, as chemically there's not much of a difference
not recommended