• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos I shall let the good people of blue light decide.

Quexxxt

Greenlighter
I have a choice, it comes in the form of prescription medication. I'm currently tossing up between, Monthly;

A) 1 box of Lilly 4117's (28 Olanzapine 10mg) and 2 boxes of 25 10mg Temazepam. (One lilly in the morning, 2 temtabs before bed)

OR

B) 1 box of Mirtazon (30 Mirtazapine 30mg) and 1 bottle/box of 50 5mg Diazepam tablets. (2 vals in the morning, 1 mirtazon before bed)

What would you choose and why?

I'm leaning towards option A, as you get more benzo's all round. Though temazepam is relatively weak (according to studies) you get 500mg of benzo material, but if you believe the studies/equivalency charts, that's only the equivalent of 250mg of diazepam, which is what I'd get in option B anyway. I'll also add, that I sort of like the lillys, far more recreational value than mirtazon (still very little). The only reason I'd even ponder the idea, A over B, is because good reliable friends, some of which are in the health care industry believe Diazapam is slowly being discontinued, and he, among others believe it to be one of the more recreational benzo's available in Australia (besides xanax). What do you think?

I know right. I try to tell them that's what works best for me, as I am, IRL, a social fucking retard, and probably need round the clock sedation, but my GP seems to insist, mixing the two will only lead to high tolerance and abuse issues (a given when dealing with benzos, but I've dappled with everything from phenazepam to etaqualone). But I never push the issue with my GP, he gives me these options, I never ask for them.

Vallium is lame as fuck. Definitely choose the temezepam. As for the anti psychotics I don't think those matter unless you do need them.

Vallium is lame as fuck.

In your opinion maybe. Lots of other people enjoy it so pls don't generalize.

I'd choose the Valium because I don't want to take a strong antipsychotic like Olanzapine. While I also hate Mirtazapine the best combo would be the Temas+Mirtazapine.
Why do you need an antipsychotic or Antidepressant? I mean they are pretty different and it seems that the Mirta would be used as a sleep aid and not as a constant AD?

€dit: Diazepam will never be discontinued since it is on the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines.

It depends for what you want to use them but I'd stay clear of any antipsychotics if you don't really need them.

Okay it is my opinion but Vallium has always been weak and ineffective unless taking high doses like in the triple digit range. And with it's long half life people can easily lose days and make a lot off bad decisions in that time frame. But like you said it's all an opinion. I also agree with your input on the phych meds he's talking about

In your opinion maybe. Lots of other people enjoy it so pls don't generalize.

I'd choose the Valium because I don't want to take a strong antipsychotic like Olanzapine. While I also hate Mirtazapine the best combo would be the Temas+Mirtazapine.
Why do you need an antipsychotic or Antidepressant? I mean they are pretty different and it seems that the Mirta would be used as a sleep aid and not as a constant AD?

€dit: Diazepam will never be discontinued since it is on the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines.

It depends for what you want to use them but I'd stay clear of any antipsychotics if you don't really need them.

I suffer from some sort of psychosis/schizophrenia, it causes me to have episodes of sorts, some which last days. All the fun stuff, amnesia, erratic violent behavior, auditory hallucinations. I've been on zyprexa a while and it helps me allot. It's only when I bought up insomnia and stuff in the last few month's, that he's started this mixing and matching, fueled by my plot to obtain xanax by claiming the benzos he was prescribing weren't helping.

I'ma opiate user, and though I hate to give into withdrawals or come downs of any type (I'ma suck it up, this is part of the ride, kind of person), I love my benzos (and of course, a bit of herb) for the come down, and have had in recent month's great difficulty obtaining them online, leaving me subject to the observant leer of my well to do doctor. So I want something to nod me out on those dry nights, I don't give much away to my GP, especially not my habits, but I know it's obvious to him, so atm, I just stress insomnia, he orders therapy, 10mg temtabs to start, then one mogadon every night, then back to two temtabs. Then when I begin to mention stress and anxiety as the reason for my insomnia (which is true to an extent, he need not know what bought about these feelings{drugs}), he switches it up with the recent offer of option B. I've got option B for this month, but no repeats, strongly leaning towards asking to go back to option A atm, which he said would be fine, though he also made a comment along the lines of "running out of options here", which to me sounds like, don't push your luck, maybe if I stay on option A long enough he'll up the temaz dosage? :?

Assuming that's the truth about the discontinuation of diazepam in Australia, I'm even more in favour of opt. A now haha, some equivalency charts even display temaz and diaz having equal strength, temaz with a faster onset and shorter half life, similiar properties to xanax, in theory.

Avoid Mirtazapine at all costs. It's an awful antidepressant to be on - sleeping for 12+ hours, the only reduction in my anxiety was for about 2-4 weeks after it was all up in my system, loads of weight gain due to increased appetite, and eventually back into crippling depression that was worse than before.

Of course your mileage may vary, but I have seen others talk about similar symptoms - e.g. this guy http://patient.info/forums/discuss/mirtazapine-sedation-groggy-feeling-does-it-wear-off--257459
Hi all, So I've been on Mirt now for about 6 weeks and recently went up to 30mg 4 nights ago but the sedation is horrible and I'm left feeling very tired and fatigued through the day, I feel like i can't do anything and lifes just passing me by.

So go for option A, cause Temazepam is a lovely benzo imho

U will find mirtazapine about as sedating as promethazine , but mix it with Valium zzzz go B

U will find mirtazapine about as sedating as promethazine , but mix it with Valium zzzz go B

Straight up, I'm on 50mg diazepam atm, 2 drops of crystal clear liquid acid, not too bad, but not my first time.

Approach bed time, still feeling pretty fucked, take mirtazon (as they have been making me sleep heaps), beyond fucked now.

<<<<<<<<<<<<^^^^^^^^^^^^^>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
If you have RC benzos and am in qld, pm me, cbf ordering em in any more.

Be careful, dude, that's against the BLUA, if a mod sees that they'll either edit it out or give you a telling off.

[h=2]LIMITATIONS ON USE[/h]....
Specifically, you may
not:
  1. use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
    • attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or information on how to do so;

This includes research chemicals, and arranging meet-ups to trade them.

I'd go with the temazepam hands down. Valium is nice because of it's long half life but if your comparing it from how good it feels, temazepam wins. I've been prescribed it for months and only take 1 30mg a night and I love it. I think it's the best benzo but yeah i'd go with the temazepam.

I'd go with the temazepam hands down. Valium is nice because of it's long half life but if your comparing it from how good it feels, temazepam wins. I've been prescribed it for months and only take 1 30mg a night and I love it. I think it's the best benzo but yeah i'd go with the temazepam.

Do you get it as one 30mg cap/tablet? Or 3 10mg?
If you get a whole 30mg, where do you live? Can you get prescribed 30's in QLD?

I get 30mg temazepam and it comes in Dr. Mario-looking red and blue capsules, not tablets.

Avoid Mirtazapine at all costs. It's an awful antidepressant to be on - sleeping for 12+ hours, the only reduction in my anxiety was for about 2-4 weeks after it was all up in my system, loads of weight gain due to increased appetite, and eventually back into crippling depression that was worse than before.

Of course your mileage may vary, but I have seen others talk about similar symptoms - e.g. this guy http://patient.info/forums/discuss/mirtazapine-sedation-groggy-feeling-does-it-wear-off--257459

So go for option A, cause Temazepam is a lovely benzo imho

Lol mirtazapine is not that bad. I take it as needed for sleep and it's done nothing but help me and I don't have to worry about developing a dependence like benzos. It's funny how you shit talk a tested pharmaceutical and then go on to give glowing remarks on a super potent, long-acting, untested and virtually unknown benzodiazepine. BL ftw.

I currently take clonazepam 1mg/3 times a day. zero anxiety. I take Vyvanse 70 mg in the morning and it works great. For sleep I take Ambien 10mg. This combo works, but I'm a little bored with it. I also have 150mg Pregabalin. My psyche doc said it will help with the anxiety. I also have 300mg gabapentin. I think the Lyrica is much better than the gabapentin, but gabapentin has nice mental effects. Anyway I take the Ambien for sleep. My question is, is the Temazepam better as a sleep med, or even Triazeolam for sleep. I have more to say but I'll wait.