• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc I seem to have grown tolerant to any sleeping drugs - help!

Impossibility

Greenlighter
It's not like I've tried them ALL, but I'm running low on options. None of them work for me anymore at all.

Phenergan (promethazine) 50mg - was my go to sedative for years until I took it too much and now get nothing from it.

Zopiclone 7.5mg - hard to get and also never been that great for me.

Mirtazapine 15mg - the one that used to knock me out the most but I grow tolerant after about three back to back nights...

Quetiapine 50mg - recently given to me by my psychiatrist and from what I'd read online I thought this would end my problem entirely but it doesn't absolutely nothing to me. I didn't know whether to try taking more but from what I've read the sedative effects wear off when you get higher.

Doxylamine (can't remember the dose) - supposed to be a pretty good antihistamine for sedating but it never did anything for me either.

Amytriptyline 25mg - tolerance builts fast but it does work for about a week. It's subtle though, not that strong.

Any suggestions? I'm going mad with this new tolerance. I just need something that works and carries on working but is also attainable. My psyc is pretty good so if I found something which would be weird for me to ask for he may give it me instead of quetiapine. People on here seem pretty knowledgeable. I'm already on an antidepressant (vortioxetine) and a mood stabiliser (lamotrigine) so it can't interfere with those.

Oh how I want to sleep so bad :(

I feel your pain wanting to sleep. I started on Ambien which worked well for a little while, but it stops working in a few weeks, sigh. I then had my doc switch me to temazapam and it has worked great for almost two years every day. You may want to give that a try.

Is trazadone off the table? Using it for 5 years with dose increase from 50mg to 150mg in that time period

tolerance comes often. Now its time to take something stronger. But i warn you of benzos and analoges.

Great options way more powerful than you took are : Cyamemazine ( my favourite ), extremly sedating, unique receptor profile,and strongest atypical anxiolytic, others... Levomepromazine, Mianserin, Trimipramine, Honokiol, Etifoxine, Selank, Afobazole, Adaptol. ALso stay away from Lyrica and Gapapentin. They build up fast tolerance, are neurotoxic, incridible abusable,

Melatonin 500 micrograms tried ? (too much will actually cause entertaining nightmares)

I think trazadone is one of the better not-addictive options. Have you tried Valerian or kava?

I'm personally not a fan of cyclobenzaprine, but it does knock alot of people out.

Try Trazadone. It's benign and always does the trick. Lifetime, chronic insomnia and trazadone is doing the trick.

Try to take melatonin with mirtazapine. It seems to give it some of its "kick" back, but seemed to make the hangover worse the next morning. If not maybe a hypnotic benzodiazepine or something.

Good luck! I know how bad insomnia is.

try taking half the amount of mirtazipine you were taking - the less the better for mirtaz as the more you take the more the ssri effects overwhelm the antichollirogenic effects

also, how do you find vortioxetine? don't think its approved for use in the UK but i'm really interested in it

Try Trazadone. It's benign and always does the trick. Lifetime, chronic insomnia and trazadone is doing the trick.

I wish trazadone was an option for me. It would knock me out and I wouldn't chase any kind of high. Problem was my dick stopped working so I discontinued immediately.

I also have chronic insomnia... years ago I was taking restoril, which worked great but my dr retired! & my new dr said....sorry...this is too addictive (no shit) now im on low dose Zopiclone & really low dose amytriptyline(for migraine control) sometimes i will take a gravol before bed which helps &/or melatonin. or triptophan.

It's not like I've tried them ALL, but I'm running low on options. None of them work for me anymore at all.

Phenergan (promethazine) 50mg - was my go to sedative for years until I took it too much and now get nothing from it.

Zopiclone 7.5mg - hard to get and also never been that great for me.

Mirtazapine 15mg - the one that used to knock me out the most but I grow tolerant after about three back to back nights...

Quetiapine 50mg - recently given to me by my psychiatrist and from what I'd read online I thought this would end my problem entirely but it doesn't absolutely nothing to me. I didn't know whether to try taking more but from what I've read the sedative effects wear off when you get higher.

Doxylamine (can't remember the dose) - supposed to be a pretty good antihistamine for sedating but it never did anything for me either.

Amytriptyline 25mg - tolerance builts fast but it does work for about a week. It's subtle though, not that strong.

Any suggestions? I'm going mad with this new tolerance. I just need something that works and carries on working but is also attainable. My psyc is pretty good so if I found something which would be weird for me to ask for he may give it me instead of quetiapine. People on here seem pretty knowledgeable. I'm already on an antidepressant (vortioxetine) and a mood stabiliser (lamotrigine) so it can't interfere with those.

Oh how I want to sleep so bad :(

I take 600mg seroquel and 3mg lunesta that works perfectly for me nothing else works i go to bed between 12-3am and wake around 7am-2pm completely rested

50mg of both Seroquel and Trazodone help me sleep every night for over 6 years now. Shift work is a bitch, but those things always make me sleep.

I use cyproheptadine (4-8mg) + mirtazapine (30-45mg) 2 out of every 3 nights on average (unless I'm planning to trip in the near future, in which case I stop the cyproheptadine and mirtazapine for at least 10 days and suffer the sleep deprivation in exchange for the transcendental joy of a trip) in addition to my daily kratom, alprazolam, keppra, tizanidine and cannabis to combat my lifelong insomnia. The cyproheptadine and mirtazapine work much, much better if not taken nightly. At the moment I'm tapering my kratom down, so I often add 100-150mg of diphenhydramine and black seed oil to my already ridiculous regimen. Believe it or not, I still struggle to sleep more than 5-6 hours a night unless I can get in several hours of exercise in every day. Insomnia is the worst and I'll do just about anything to avoid it...

Trazadone 50mg doesn't make me drowsy but it keeps me from constantly waking throughout the night, which helps a lot with mood during the day.

Trazadone 50mg doesn't make me drowsy but it keeps me from constantly waking throughout the night, which helps a lot with mood during the day.

Trazodone always gives me the most realistic, mundane, though not lucid dreams. Its things like dreaming that I'm waiting in line at the 7-11 down the street from me, waiting to pay for a Red Bull. The dreams are literally indistinguishable from reality; waking up suddenly, when an alarm clock goes off for example, is akin to switching from one reality to another more than anything else. I'm glad it didn't cause me any nightmares lol.

hydroxyzine and terazosin (alpha blocker) are workin great for me

I have brutal insomnia and I limit myself to only taking etizolam twice a week (if it's a really tough work week 60 hours...) I will allow myself a 3rd dose of etizolam in emergency situations.
I worked my tolorance up from 1mg up to 6mg just get a good night sleep but I've managed to cut it down to 4mg etizolam when I need to sleep and so far unsuccessfully trying to cut that down to 2mg etizolam.
But what I have found is that 800mg phenibut (that's pretty much what will fill a 000 gel cap in addition to my lowered etizolam dose greatly helps me stay asleep.
I'm unsure if this is safe though...but it has been helping me sleep quite well.

As a person who'se had one of those put it under your pillow apps on their phone .. and 6 months later got a "high score," of 3 hours average sleep (and that ain't including the no-sleep nights) I feel ya pain.

Drugs are a god send but the less you use them the more of a god send they are. My actualy personal recommendation is to sac it off and go fdrug / sleep free till sleep happens .. like it or not (I don't drive though .. and it's probably really not safe if you do). Your mind functions differently went you sleep less but it can actuall be interesting and helpful to solve problems in different ways. Motivation is very very very very hard .. but you got a lot of free time so watch some shit on netflix then go for a walk .. then start on something productive and watch some more shit on netflix .. and hopefully pass out for a few minutes with your face on your keyboard.

The only real problem I could never solve was the morning nazis at work. In the end I just had to be working at 3am everyday till they got the message .. that this guy has serious sleeping disorders and should probably be let off if needs to come in at 11am.

Of course .. that mean't everybody that wanted to fuck with me would put in a 6:30am Monday morning meeting in my diary. In the end they learned that I would make it my personal mission to find every single risk / concern in their poorly thought out proposals .. but still - it's a cruel world out here for the non-morning people. Just don't tell people at the printer in the morning that your score on the glascow come scale is far to low for you to give a shit about their jog to work. Just nod and grunt .. they probably aren't listening to you anyway.