L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I recently went through an abortion..

jenny_23

Greenlighter
and it kind of made me emotionally unstable for a few months... I still think about it and it's not easy to let go. I recently came across this song and it kind of made me tear up, has anyone gone through a similar experience??

[video=youtube_share;6I3D-qdZ_4Y]http://youtu.be/6I3D-qdZ_4Y[/video]

It's quite common to link memories to music, certain items or even smells (like a song reminding you of an ex/family member who passed etc.). Encountering these things can trigger emotional responses out of no where and put you right back in the head-space you were in at the time of the event.

There are ways to deal with this and change the emotional triggers and responses (NLP anchoring is the only one that comes to mind right away).

It's quite common to link memories to music, certain items or even smells (like a song reminding you of an ex/family member who passed etc.). Encountering these things can trigger emotional responses out of no where and put you right back in the head-space you were in at the time of the event.

There are ways to deal with this and change the emotional triggers and responses (NLP anchoring is the only one that comes to mind right away).

yes, it was pretty hard for me, so when i listened it just refreshed those emotions right off the bat :/

Keep your head up. Something like that would be difficult to forget... But time heals all wounds. One day you will have a child; when the time is right. It maybe wasn't meant to be. If you are really struggling with the loss I'd recommend talking to somebody you trust, or finding a community or counsellor you can work things through with. Best of luck.

Keep your head up. Something like that would be difficult to forget... But time heals all wounds. One day you will have a child; when the time is right. It maybe wasn't meant to be. If you are really struggling with the loss I'd recommend talking to somebody you trust, or finding a community or counsellor you can work things through with. Best of luck.

thank you, i'm taking it day by day :)

thank you for your kind words, im taking it day by day

Any people that have endured this, not just females (though they are the ones that feel it most of course) but males as well, couples, what have you, will have a lingering effect. I know of folks that continue mourning their decisions years afterwards and I'd be lying if I said it goes away with time. Maybe for some but I doubt it.
Mourn. This is a good thing. It is sad. Yes it is.
I don't think there's a woman or man alive who doesn't shed tears over this but often, circumstances beyond our control effects our decisions and for this you must allow a forgiveness, you must allow for love.

I'm sorry I have nothing helpful to say to you in your time of need.
I hope you do alright.
best wishes

My partner has had two abortions during our relationship.
We also have three fine children.
She had the first abortion shortly after we first met.
It wasn't possible for us to have a child then.
She had the second abortion much later on.
Our marriage was going through a bad patch and I suppose she conceived during one of our attempts to make it all better.
We already had three children then and she didn't want another, particularly as she was unsure of me.
It's a sad thing, but you have your life to live, and hopefully you will still have your children with a loving husband at some stage of your life.
XXXX

My girlfriend actually just told me that she went through this a few years ago. She said it was really hard for her for awhile. I'll tell you the same thing I told her. I commend you for your decision. It doesn't matter whether the decision is right or wrong, but the fact that you made an incredibly tough decision is awe inspiring. A lot of people would run from these issues but facing them shows maturity. Life is filled with decisions but the hard ones mold you into the person you become. I can't imagine what you are going through but know that you are a strong person and you are loved. Stay strong Jenny.

I know exactly how you feel probably.
I have had one as well, and I was 17. Hardest thing I ever had to do.
But it was the best decision and I still constantly think what if...
I thought for a while I had been punished w not being able to bare child again and I now have an almost 2 yr old.