• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I really want to try LSD, but my family will kill me. NOT a WSIT thread!

I flipped shit on my mom, in the car.

That put quite an amusing imagine in my head. For some reason it involved the use of a rubber spatula.

If you have a tendency towards emotional problems when coming off zoloft cold turkey, then I wouldn't reccomend doing so so you can take LSD.

I really wouldn't advocate taking anything which could potentially induce a seizure, either, or mess with any psychological problems.

Last edited:
I'd say wait a few years until you can move out from your parents' place and live on your own, see if you can safely get off your meds (definitely don't quit SSRIs cold turkey, you need to taper off those), and then maybe you'll be ready for LSD.

(Edited to add: Looked up Keppra, Lamictal, and Oxtellar, and they're are all anti-seizure meds....you're probably just not a good candidate for psychedelics in general. Sorry dude :\)

Last edited:
definitely don't quit SSRIs cold turkey, you need to taper off those

You may get worse withdrawal symptoms but otherwise, studies show that it's totally safe to quit SSRI's cold turkey and that there are no real benefits to tapering IIRC
Can't remember where I read that, but I certainly read it somewhere.

^I have had much different experiences. Quiting SSRIs suddenly caused strong negative effects. Tapering my dose reduced the severity of these rebound withdrawals.

I also predict in susceptible individuals sudden SSRI discontinuation could cause more significant disturbances in brain chemistry. Potentially we could see that susceptible individuals have transient mental health rifts as a result of SSRI withdrawals.

This personal experience and the potential side effects motivates me against recommending sudden SSRI discontinuation. Perhaps if the patient has a good doctor and supportive family who thinks sudden discontinuation is appropriate, then they could look at that option. Sudden discontinuation isn't appropriate in most people and I certainly recommend against sudden discontinuation in the situation mentioned in this thread.

Repeated and abrupt discontinuation of Paxil, Effexor, Zoloft, etc was one of the reasons my ex fiancée and I split. This would happen over and over and she would never say 'oh by the way dear, I've gone off my meds or am intending to'. She would literally 'flip shit' (I like that term) over the most inconsequential of issues and expect me to back her up 100%.

Worst time was back in 2008 just before the US general election she got quite upset over a pre paid cell phone (purchased in the US) not working in Canada. She kept ranting and raving about it and 3 days before said election decided that we were going to travel to the US to 'teach Walmart a lesson'. I road shotgun with her, and at the border DHS asked us why we were taking a 6 hour trip (no, that doesn't sound suspicious at all), we somehow got into the US and arrived at the Walmart.

Got into the Walmart, she went to hardware and asked for a hammer and then proceeded to smash her pre paid cell phone in front of employees, singing 'The anvil chorus' as she smashed the phone. She remained blissfully unaware that the police were going to be called.

Over and over again; it was a predictable pattern. Not helped by the fact that her shrink was vastly over prescribing Xanax and she would have 100',s of pills stored up.

She was on these meds for a reason and they did help her when she took them as she was supposed to.

Tom

Last edited:
I've also had terrible experiences with SSRIs, over ten years ago I wasted a year of my life going through a smorgasbord of them for some sleep and anxiety issues (along with some tricyclics, Wellbutrin, Remeron, Trazadone, even low-dose Seroquel at one point) and saw three different shrinks before I finally gave up on psychiatry altogether. Never been the same since. Currently I'm seeing a psychologist, and she suspects I might be type II Bipolar, which if true would explain a lot of my issues with SSRIs.