• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I really want to try LSD, but my family will kill me. NOT a WSIT thread!

CantseemtofindMary

Bluelighter
Here's the story. My parents have both tried LSD. My dad's trip was shitty, my mom's was meh. I don't have many 'bad' friends who could possibly supply me LSD, and let me hang with them while I trip on LSD. Also, I take 4 medications which IDK if they'll react with LSD and cause a shit trip, or no trip. (Keppra, Lamictal, Oxtellar XR, and Zoloft) I know I may be fucked if I took Ayahuasca instead of LSD, due to serotonin syndrome, but I don't know if LSD reacts with any of the meds I listed. Thanks guys!

I wouldn't take any psychedelic while taking those four medications. Why are you on all four of those?

I'm not a doctor, but if you wanna trip, my advice is kick the zoloft. Trials show that placebo works just as well as SSRI's anyway.

Psychedelics work on your serotonin receptors, so taking an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) will decrease the effects.

You don't. The definition of placebo is a sugar pill with no "real" ingredients. For a placebo to work, you can't know that it's not the real medication.

In short, placebos are just fake pills, given to people by a doctor who lies and says they're real. In a double blind trial with two subjects, one pill is the real deal and the other isn't. Then both subjects report whether the medication worked or not in order to rule out if the person just got better on their own or if the meds did their job. That's how they test the effects of medication. In the case of zoloft, the test results say there was no difference noted between the genuine article and the fake pills.

Defienlty kick the Zoloft, your parents will kill you trip? What kind of logic is that. You can make decisions for yourself real LSD is not going to kill you.

Tripping alone is a possible option if you can handle your own thoughts well I don't see why you shouldn't trip.

Googled Sertraline & LSD reaction. The post I found on drugforum said I shouldn't take it for 2 days, before my planned LSD trip, for desired effects. Is MDMA an SSRI?

i just researched more into Zoloft and LSD together. To make LSD work better (per se) I would have to take more LSD than normal to get tripping.

I wouldn't recommend going cold turkey without first doing some research to absolutely ensure it's safe.

OP; I'm asking this out of honest curiosity and concern; how old are you, and do you know why you are taking the medications?

Operating under the assumption that you have some kind of seizure disorder (petit mal? grand mal?) or perhaps bipolar disorder; I gotta ask what you think LSD might potentially offer you that's worth the risk? Assuming that you are biologically related to your parents, do you know f there is any history of seizures or psychological challenges in your family history?

But seriously you're asking how to kick your meds; how long have you been talking them, and why are you asking complete strangers how to acquire placebos or how to kick anti depressants? Have you been given any sort of prognosis as to how long you might be on these meds?

My advice, which I don't think you are going to take is to wait, see how your life developes and to remember that the drugs are always going to be there.

Thomas, I should've done more research on this before I posted this thread. I have grand mal seizures, with the occasional petit mal here and there. My maternal grandma had seizures up until her death in 2002. My cousin on my dad's side had seizures when he was little. As far as I know, I will be on the anti-convulsants until the day I die. Drugs just fascinate me.

I don't think LSD is for you. I'd stay on your medication as directed, as it may be unsafe to stop cold turkey. Why a sudden interest in LSD? you seem a bit young. I wouldn't go leeping into a psychedelic unless your sure your mentally ready for it.

Don't do LSD, you sound like a teenager. Not only are you probably a teenager, but you are a teenager with a seizure disorder. LSD is dangerous for people with seizures, and this would be putting you at risk. You are also on various medications for psychological difficulties, which also is even more reason why you should not take it. Definitely don't take it.

I agree 100% with these points.

OP; I'm asking this out of honest curiosity and concern; how old are you, and do you know why you are taking the medications?

Operating under the assumption that you have some kind of seizure disorder (petit mal? grand mal?) or perhaps bipolar disorder; I gotta ask what you think LSD might potentially offer you that's worth the risk? Assuming that you are biologically related to your parents, do you know f there is any history of seizures or psychological challenges in your family history?

But seriously you're asking how to kick your meds; how long have you been talking them, and why are you asking complete strangers how to acquire placebos or how to kick anti depressants? Have you been given any sort of prognosis as to how long you might be on these meds?

My advice, which I don't think you are going to take is to wait, see how your life developes and to remember that the drugs are always going to be there.