View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I need to talk to an experienced tripper

snowdaytoday

Bluelighter
I tripped last night. My second time trying LSD, at 250ug. Extremely strange experience having trouble understanding. I was tripping with two friends of mine. We were all at our peaks. We enjoyed being outside simply because there was so many more materials for the mind to work with, if that makes sense. Just a lot more fun place to be when tripping. Anyway, my friends live at the end of a street with houses on either side. My friends wife is just sitting on the steps. My friend and I are walking through his yard and just exploring and then suddenly we all notice that there is someone else. It's a man, kind of short, hunched over a bit staring at the ground. He walks straight past my friend, ignoring him, and goes straight to his wife that is tripping on the steps. Says, "have you seen the UPS truck? Im looking for the UPS truck " or something along those lines. 3 in the morning. My friend and I awkwardly glance at each other like, are we just tripping this hard or did that just happen? After we all stared at each other for a moment we all rushed back inside and locked the door. Even covered the Windows with sheets. My friend watched the dude from the window, walking around his backyard for a while and then disappear. It freaked them out so badly that they went to bed shortly after and refused to talk about it. It was very weird. I can't explain it. Has anyone else ever had an experience like this when group tripping? I mean I just smoked a bowl and I still have a bit of the LSD residual effects, but rationally, why would anyone be outside asking about a UPS truck at 3 in the morning? A man or person just appearing out of no where? Did they exist or did we experience some kind of entity? Or am I just over thinking this and this dude was just tweaked out on something?

Last edited:
Yea weird experiences like that always seem to happen while your tripping. Just yesterday, my friend was on 2 tabs, I was 6, and we walk out of Starbucks or the car and some random old guy is putting his key in trying to get in. He was either really confused or maybe shermed out haha.

The point is stupid little occurrences seem to have a double meaning or something when ur tripping but in reality it's nothing.

It's just such a weird incident. The fact that he seemed to appear from thin air, and then disappear. The fact that any other time we all would have been in bed. It just seemed so surreal. My friend and I described it as like watching a movie. The man just appearing and incoherently walking towards us. I just wanted outside opinions.

It seems you simply put too much thought into it, I'd guess. maybe he was drunk? maybe he was really waiting for ups?
after all you and your friends were tripping balls while it occured.
I think if you made the same encounter at night completely sober, you wouldn't bother about it. I wouldn't say it was an entity, ghost or something.

snowdaytoday said:
It just seemed so surreal.

Nearly everything feels surreal when your tripping.

I've had similarly odd events when tripping; I think the tripping-brain places more significance on meaningless events, and is more apt to interpret events (as they unfold) in a less conventional manner. I mean, this guy probably did not just materialise, but you guys were so absorbed in exploring your backyard that you did not see him walking up to you. The fact that more then one of you saw this guy really suggests he was actually real :)

There is no reason to ever think that being on psychedelics changes anything in the external world.

It seems you simply put too much thought into it, I'd guess. maybe he was drunk? maybe he was really waiting for ups?
after all you and your friends were tripping balls while it occured.
I think if you made the same encounter at night completely sober, you wouldn't bother about it. I wouldn't say it was an entity, ghost or something.

Well it was nearly 3 in the morning, UPS doesn't deliver at those hours. It was just strange. We we're so paranoid for the longest time that it was a cop.

We we're so paranoid for the longest time that it was a cop.

If it was a cop, he would have made his intentions known. Paranoia is actually a very interesting response in people. I occasionally suffered from this doing illicit things when I was younger. I eventually realized that paranoia is just a negative twist of the ego. We all have a sense of self importance and paranoia is simply a negative obsession that others have placed an inordinate amount of interest in your life or activities. Cops won't have the time of day for you unless you are hurting others, hurting yourself, doing something blatantly illegal in public or are already on their wanted list. I rarely get paranoia because I've realized my life and my activities just aren't interesting enough to draw that kind of focus and attention from others. With only 2 LSD uses and tripping in the middle of the night, I'm afraid you are also too low on the radar to be of interest to a cop.

If it was a cop, he would have made his intentions known. Paranoia is actually a very interesting response in people. I occasionally suffered from this doing illicit things when I was younger. I eventually realized that paranoia is just a negative twist of the ego. We all have a sense of self importance and paranoia is simply a negative obsession that others have placed an inordinate amount of interest in your life or activities. Cops won't have the time of day for you unless you are hurting others, hurting yourself, doing something blatantly illegal in public or are already on their wanted list. I rarely get paranoia because I've realized my life and my activities just aren't interesting enough to draw that kind of focus and attention from others. With only 2 LSD uses and tripping in the middle of the night, I'm afraid you are also too low on the radar to be of interest to a cop.

It sucks because I feel like I was approaching a big break through of some sort. After a few bong hits near the peak I remember standing outside and staring into the dark feeling my consciousness merging with my surroundings. It was so amazing.

Your mind has a tendency on psychedelics to connect meaning to otherwise mundane interactions and activities, you'll interpret in a way that will correlate to yourself on a much deeper level for better or worse. This is what makes the experience so fascinating.. your literally interacting with your self in everything. The paranoia about him been a cop directly relates to your fear of been 'found out'.

I remember one time i was on 400ug of LSD and the peak had overwhelmed me, i was sitting with a friend at a bench.. at this point i felt connected on a sub atomic level; it became impossible to discern what my friend was saying as separate from myself.. all of my personal insecurities were been relayed through my friend, its like been locked in a battle with yourself and because everything is you there's no where to hide. I can't count how many times i've watched people trip really hard and suddenly exclaim to there friends that 'There not GAY!' out of nowhere.. or some other buried insecurity that bubbles to the surface through conversation.

It's pretty amazing.

I guess your weird neighbor has a weird neighbor too...

I've had some pretty funny interactions with my neighbors when I was high. The funniest coincidence I had tripping on acid at a museum. An old, white haired man in a corduroy jacket sat down next to me. After a minute he says "You are I have something in common." I stare at him totally perplexed and he slowly points at our feet. We were wearing the same astronaut-themed socks. It blew my mind.

"paranoia is the projection of pattern"

while tripping the script can go "none of this is real"

to send the point home, it takes the novel experience of a person not all together there at three in the morning and uses it to remind you the fact "none of this is real"

If you all were sober, he probably wouldnt have approached, but the vibe you were giving off diddnt put off "Get out of here weirdo" it put off "who are you? tell me"

i am a super experienced tripper. i found switching to velcro helped, cause i didn't trip on my laces so much.

slip ons are good too though.

i remember a time with a friend in this park while peaking on mushrooms, i can hardly see anything its so bright, trees are fractal spiraling upward, where he begins a conversation with a near corpse old woman with a small yapping dog. shes going on about the park and the dog and then just starts talking to the dog while it ceaselessly yaps on. to me this person wrinkles were so defined they seamed to be mile deep canyons, and for a moment it seemed she wasnt even conscious anymore, and it was the dog taking her on a walk, talking on behalf for her.

and the more i think about, no one is separate from us, and all interactions are a conversation in a shared language in the same mind, and in fact my experience of her is really a experience with my self, my self as ​other