I need to get off heroin before I lose everything.

yeah, me too, the only thing that has helped me is methadone, I am lucky to get through the VA for pain, but it kill two birds with one stone for me!!

I'm on mmt too. It's not the perfect solution but my life is 100x better than it was. Some people work and have children and don't have the luxury of laying in bed for two weeks. I was also on the verge of losing everything including my kids and had to do something. I started mmt in November. If you didn't know you would never know I am on it. I am just like anyone else. Do what you need to in order to get back on track and your life together. I resisted mmt for a long time and tried to ween over and over but it just never happened. I am so grateful that I finally did it. If you do it right and are honest with the dr and nurses and you are there for the right reasons it works. You don't spend your days high and sleeping. I work, take care of my kids, they do all the sports, do great in school, I cook dinner every night! Lol. I am just telling you this bc it has a bad stigma. But like everything else some people ruin it and give it a bad name. You don't need to turn yourself into a zombie. Do what's right for you. Do what us going to work and only listen to your heart. If you know you have no will power maintenance might be your best option for a normal life. If you have the time to lay in bed for two weeks and will power then cold turkey it. Only you know what will work best for you and your situation, but you gotta do something. Good luck and you can do it one way or another. Don't worry about other people's opinion! Do you!