• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need help

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Mods you can move this if needed. I had a MRI done two days ago for my lumbar and tingling burning and aching in my feet and legs thighs and lower back. I have paid attention to my mental disorders more then this pain but it's getting to the point I can't take the pain anymore.

So my question is what do you guys think they will see? Does it have something to do with my spine and how will you think they will treat it?

It could be any neurological disorder, they might prescribe you lyrica or some other nerve pain med like gabapetin. im not sure what else it could be unless your diabetic or something like that, im diabetic and sometimes get abnormal nerve feelings

Like right now, my feet are very tingly and it's uncomfortable, 1 hit of THC always takes it away though:)

Last edited:
So my question is what do you guys think they will see? Does it have something to do with my spine and how will you think they will treat it?

Wait until the results come back and then your doctor can give you a diagnosis and best course of action.

We can't tell you what they will see. But it most likely is neurological.

Seeing as you have problems with the gabapentinoids, do you think another nerve medication like trileptal/vimpat or potiga (ezogabine) would be better? You would still like potiga - and it's far safer and less - in fact not at all - cardiotoxic than the sodium channel blockers... It is still GABAergic somewhat and opens up neuronal potassium channels. The GABA B receptor is a potassium channel, so technically baclofen is opening a potassium channel. And gabapentin opens some as well.

You might do better with it.

https://www.gsksource.com/pharma/co...ibing_Information/Potiga/pdf/POTIGA-PI-MG.PDF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retigabine

I

We can't give you a specific answer to your question OP. I think we're all trying to take some shots in the dark regarding your condition, so I'll take mine. It sounds like what you're experiencing could be Neuropathy, in which case there are non-Opioid medications which are pretty effective for the condition. Wait and see what your medical providers come back with and give us an update.

Wulp the MRI didn't find anything but there sending me to a neurologist and checking for something they couldn't find. Sucks because I know there is something wrong for my legs to hurt and really today has been one of my bad days.

About 5 or 7 years ago, had something similar. Burning, tingling, numbness is legs. Mostly quads and hamstrings. None really in the back but had pain there sporadically. Went for the bloodwork, MRI, physical exam etc. Nothing looked wrong. Was refered to a neurologist and after a few weeks of tests, he couldnt find much either. He did say about 1/4 of such cases are idiopathic and he would treat as normal.