• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need help with my meds!!!

Djsuzymac

Greenlighter
I am currently in pain management. I go to the doctor tuesday and I'm out of my oxy and my gabapentin. I need to know what I can take to relieve my pain or just get enough of a buzz that I don't notice it. Here are my list of drugs that I do have:

30mg Morphine Sulphate ER 2/day have 21 pills and 4 days till the dr.
200mg celebrez 1/day
100mg lexapro 1/day
15mg Buspirone AS NEEDED for anxiety but i never taken so i have two jars
750mg robaxin 1/day
10mg and 5mg of diazepam 2/day
50-325-40 Fioricet as needed for headaches but I don't take this either
100mg trazodone 1/night

I usually have oxycodone 30mg Ir and 300mg gabapentin (3000mg/day) I don't have either of those at the moment

Any help or experiences would be appreciated. I deal with a lot of pain. I'm talking about can't move/get out of bed pain. My tolerance to drugs is pretty high, I've been on these meds and others for over 4 years. So what do I do?

Last edited:
If your out of oxycodone due to taking double doses you may be walking a fine line into a addiction. Gradual dose escalation can take place over months or years until you wakeup one day going through all your meds in three days wonder what now.

That being said 30 mg of morphine sulfate is equivilant to 20 mg of oxycodone according to https://palliative.stanford.edu/opioid-conversion/equivalency-table/ however keep in mind this does not take imto accord differences in different extended release formulations or lack thereof

My drs office pushed my appointment back due to the holiday. I usually go on a friday, I get a 30-day supply. My appt is on tues. so that is 4 days extra that I won't have my pain pills. I've been doing this for 4 years and have never had to do this. I will admit that I use my meds to get high SomeTimes! Not every day not even every week. Just every once in a while to take my mind off the shitty life I have to deal with. I usually use gabapentin though. But I'm out of that and don't have a refill on that either until tues. So I need if any of the above meds will help enough with my pain relief. Or get me buzzed enough to forget that I have 4 more days? Thx

Sorry if I wasnt clear im trying to say you dont need to get high tl take your mind off the pain you can just subsitute an equilivent morphine sulphate for your normal oxycodone dose. Just spread it out because the morphine sulfate may absorb faster depending on what formulation of oxycodone you take. Morphine and oxycodone bind to the same stuff in the brain.

Honestly idk I cut down 100 mgs + morphine ER exactly same thing you take and I take gabapentin and diazeoam or klonopins and I tapered all this is from mainly an IV black tar addiction so what kind of doses DAILY are we talking ? What's the oxy dose you're missing and how much gabapentin did you take ? I

I think taking the morphine and valium would keep you from being sick. I've never had to deal with gabapentin withdrawals but people report that experience can be harsh. I wouldn't over-do it with muscle relaxants and antidepressants. Just take as directed, same for the buspirone. You just gotta get through the next couple days. Hope you feel better!

Thx everybody. I've taken fioricet 2, and the morphine and I'm not crying from pain. I've never had wd ever! I can't tolerate pain. And having to go 4 days with pain has me cringing and running for hill.ill see how this combo will work for me tomorrow and let everybody know.

If you have morphine you shouldnt have to worry because it is functionally the same as oxycodone so you should be in no more or less pain then of u took your daily oxy

Don't worry about the Opioid withdrawal. Use a chart to determine the appropriate equivalent dosage of Morphine in relation to Oxycodone and start there. You can substitute one Opioid for another generally without issue, although there are certain Opioids that possess less cross-tolerance with each other than others.

Be aware (you might already be) that depending on the individual, Gabapentin(oids) can cause a pretty severe withdrawal syndrome. I've known a few people whom I trust that have said withdrawal from this class, which includes Gabapentin's successor Pregabalin (Lyrica) and the "dietary supplement" Phenibut, is intense and possesses qualities of both Benzodiazepine and Opioid withdrawal. I've never been through it, but that sounds pretty shitty.

There's a good reason for mentioning this and it's not just to scare you. You could end up medicating yourself properly with Opioids (to the point of eliminating most symptoms), but still actually be in Gabapentinoid withdrawal, which, you could then perceive as a facet of your Opioid withdrawal, thereby causing you to overmedicate with Opioids, increasing your tolerance and lowering your already precious supply.

It's just something you should be aware of. You can't pick up your Gabapentin early? Usually they let me pick it up early, as it's not a controlled substance, it's just my insurance won't foot the bill. Keep us updated and if you seem to think that your experiencing this scenario regarding your withdrawal, let us know and maybe we can attempt to interpret your specific symptoms to try to determine how to proceed.

In my hosest opinion, and experience.. oxy 30 IRs, blows morphine(IR or ER) out of the water, when taking both orally! Just saying my opinion/experience taking both every ROA possible, morphine has an awful oral BA, like 20% or something... 20-30% I am pretty sure? if that.. I just know its very low, compared to oxy which has like an ~87% oral BA.. Plugging morphine, maybe the only safe more efficient way to administer it... tbh! I am serious when I say, unless you are opiate naïve, 30-60mg of MScontin, even with benzos like valium... and other things to potentiate the MScontin..

I do agree you are factually correct that plugging morphine greatly increases its bioavailability. But given that she is not a heavy user of opiates. The amount of oxycodone she takes could easily be converted to morphine sulfate orally in a equal dose. If she was taken like hundreds of mg of oxycodone a day that be a different story. And taking morphine In a different way then indended here would be opening a can of worms imo

What do you mean? Plugging is no worse than taking it orally, it has literally no negative side effects! And I believe, oxycodone is actually converted to oxymorphone. A much stronger opioid than either oxycodone or morphine, but its only like ~15% of the oxycodone that gets metabolized to oxymorphone.. so no its not morphine sulphate it is metabolized into... Also, I was starting to say unless you are opiate naïve, MScontin wont do much for anyone taken oral or even via another ROA for a vast majority, although, there are some people who get pain relief/euphoria out of morphine, which I would call "lucky".. and she isn't opiate naïve, she said she has been taking oxy IRs for over 4 years.. so, I don't see how we could be opening a can of worms in anyway at all. I'm not telling her to go shoot it! That would be reckless and stupid, and never would I recommend it! That would be opening up a can of worms.

Not trying to be a prick, just stating what I believe, and what I have experienced, and seen how many others whom have taken morphine ER or IR oral, had little to no help from it, pain wise.. or euphoria wise.. I just got barely "well" taking morphine.. never tried plugging it, but if its anything like a lot of opiates, it would probably be much more efficient, and again.. harmless!

No, I am not opiate naive. I take around 4 or5 oxy 30s a day. Along with everything else. Morphine doesn't do anything but keep me from withdrawing from my Oxys when I run out. I finally got to go to the doctor and get my script for oxy and gabapentin. But i'll tell you this, the last four days were hell. Not from withdrawing because I had my morphine that I took twice a day. It doesn't help with my pain, I have to be on it cuz of the dea. I have something going on with almost every disc in my back and neck, I also have a tear in a tendon in my shoulder, along with nerve damage. I have DDD and arthritis and bone spurs and spinal stenosis. Those are the few things I can remember on the top of my head. Oh and don't forget about all the mental shit because of the physical, like depression, anxiety, agoraphobia , panic attacks, headaches, etc. The ONLY things that keep me fighting is my children. I have 3. 14,13, and 6. So I'm constantly moving around and doing things for them. If it wasn't for them I would be dead by now. Thanks for your replies. I doubt I will plug anything. But I have heard that you can get a high from gabapentin that will take all your pain away. Does anyone know about this?