• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I Need Help With DXM Polistirex (Delsym)

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
Hi everyone.

I'm a pretty experienced DXM user, but lately more and more I can't stand the taste of Robitussin. So, I'm going to move on to Delsym.
I took 400mg of DXM Polistirex (Delsym) last night but only felt a little buzz.

There's not much information on the internet about Delsym as many people don't like it that much.
I've heard you have to take up to 900mg to get a 500mg DXM HBR trip.
But, I've only done 500mg DXM HBR and I'm not sure about taking 900mg of the DXM Polistirex.

Can anyone educate me on this?
Also, would extracting DXM Polistirex from Delsym turn it into HBR powder or would it be a Polistirex powder?
Thanks.

The onset of the extended release DXM provides a different trip. I would try 600mg before you more than double the dosage to 900mg. I personally like polistirex but i normally would cap it off with some HBr.

You could also just try off label or store brand DXM syrup, they have less sugar.

Thanks.
Not seeing much of a recreational value to DXM POLI after trying 600mg. If 900mg works then I'll report back.

Polistirex can cause something called "plateau sigma." It basically means you've had DXM in your brain constantly for a while and it hits the sigma receptors or something. I've gotten to this level like twice and it was utterly insane. One of the times I was sitting there and then I start hearing 1000s of tiny robots in the walls, go outside the skies red it was like fucking doomsday.

But ya polistirex sucks compared to HBR. you can kill the time release putting it in water or something but then it will probably taste as bad as tussin.

I recommend just buying the capsules if you want to skip the whole Extraction process.

Honestly, what I recommend is just mixing your Delsym. If you get grape I would recommend some Mountain Dew, or Sprite and popping a few Jolly Ranchers in there. Although it tastes good, it also takes longer to consume. Consuming all the Delsym with this method would take around 15 minutes- substantially longer than my orange method, but easier to do.
I would recommend getting orange, personally. To start off I would say drink a whole big bottle if you think that your weight can handle that. I personally weigh 110 and I can have up to 1 big and 1 small together without experiencing a serious trip. I've just always been a heavyweight with stuff like this... Anyways, I am getting off topic. Taking one big bottle of orange and just powering it down by doing shots is always an easy method. Chugging the bottle I don't recommend, as it can trigger your gag reflex with that syrup texture- yuck! I usually take some soda in my mouth (any kind is fine for this), and take the shot with soda in my mouth, it makes it travel down your throat easier and makes the taste less harsh.

This process will take around 3 minutes, and if you are chugging 2 bottles it will take around 7-8. It differs between dosages, but you should feel an oncoming high around an hour after, and full effects won't come on until 2 hours... So don't do it at night unless you are sure you can pull an all nighter. You won't peak until about 4-5 hours in usually, and the high wont wear off until 12-16 hours after drinking.

I hope I was of your service, Happy Tripping! :)

-Cashin

Also, if you do an extraction the powder will still be polistirex. An extraction on delsyms really easy but honestly not worth it imo because delsyms basically liquid candy compared to robitussin.

Converting the polistirex to free DXM would require dissolving it in a bit of alcohol and letting it sit for a while - ideally you'd grind it all before you dissolve it then it should go faster.

You can evap some alcohol if you used a lot to do this, but I would ingest it while still dissolved in a bit of alcohol as it should help with absorption.

I initially suggested using a base / hard ion like magnesium / calcium such as in magnesium hydroxide (as in antacids like maalox) because of displacement of compounds in polystyrene sulfonates... but this can be dangerous to your body. It's effective, but can result in metabolic alkalosis if you just combine DXM polistirex with Maalox ingested separately but closely followed, probably most of all if that reaction were to occur in your GI tract like after your stomach. If you do the coversion reaction before ingesting and you neutralize the dilute lye you make in the process you should be fine. Also of course your stomach is very acidic so does a job of neutralizing, but still - you might want to add some weak acid like citric acid in the end of the process until you achieve a reasonable pH.

Last edited: