• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I need help please someone that knows about medicare, doctors pharmacies and laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

suchislife

Greenlighter
Dear freinds and bluelighters,

The point of this post is down the bottom but please read everything as it explains my whole story.....

I recently broke my hip and have plates and screws in there now, And basically was prescribed 200mg tramadol which i hated because couldn’t sleep, and my jaws would be clenching a lot, almost like I am buzzing awake, anyway i told my doctor that it was not working so he gave me endone 5 mg oxicontin and valium. And said take once twice per day. and take the valium 30 min before you sleep.

Little does this doctor know i sometimes use heroin on occasion well lately to a point where my tolerance has gone right up there i was using maybe 0.2 grams per day for 4 days straight then stop for 2-3 days then repeat sometimes i would do a gram in 2-4 days. that’s quiet allot although i have never done it every day there has always seem to be a break in between my uses and the first time i did the heroin was 8 years ago then 2nd time was 6 yrs. ago then the 3rd time 3 years ago, then 1 year ago when i broke up with my x-girlfriend that's when i started doing it on my weekends i made a budget for myself where i would only smoke a certain amount a weekend 0.2 grams that was fine UNTIL i moved back into my mums and I had all this extra money, that's when i would do it mid-week and then sometimes every second day and it got a bit out of control to be honest. Anyways the endone were not working so i told him my whole story from start to finish every singe detail, he is a great guy and said that's fine lets give you 30 mg Oxycontin take it twice a day and 1 valium before you sleep lets stay like this For a while and we will taper you off opiates and everything.

I definately dont think about heroin anymore and i've cut down on the oxys, I know he says not to break the tablet but lately i decided to try my own thing and i broke the tablet in half it was the final tablet and it was actually perfectly fine i felt good no pain no craving for heroin but it just lasted a little shorter but then i used 2 Valiums and it fixed that problem. I have saved so much money since i stopped heroin and i just want to thank this doctor, anyways next time i saw him i told him about breaking the tabs in half he said that should not be a problem since my tolerance is not low, so i said to save me some money can i be prescribed 80 mgs and then with a pill cutter i chop them into 4 quarters and take one per day anyways i want to be drug free as i am getting engaged and then comes marriage then come kids and the whole package etc. loll.

Anyways the point of the post is I don’t want to have a record on my Medicare that i have been on heroin or even oxicontin. When i go to the pharmacies all i see is they process it the system print out the stickers with instructions and prices and that's it nothing goes back to the doctor.
Can someone please explain how this prescriptions all work are the certain drugs stored on my Medicare card and do they show the dates that i have purchased the oxcontins. And is my doctor going to get into trouble for prescribing me this drug, all i can say is it is helping with my hip pain and the heroin so his killing two birds with one stone. Plus who knows what they mix with heroin on the streets at least this is mix with proper pharmaceutical ingredients. Is there a certain limit he can prescribe of oxy 80's without getting hassled by the government or medicare. Is there a Red flag that pops up when you prescribe these things, I'm just really curious as to why the doctor is a little afraid to prescribe them to me, i know his afraid of me being addicted, but maybe there is something else his not telling me or most probably i'm just being paranoid.

I have assured him he has helped me the most that i have ever been helped and i still have been able to teach as i am a teacher and i have to show a happy face all the time and i haven't had any withdrawals coming down slowly its very comfortable. So guys how does the government work with the prescription on oxy 80s is it stored on my medicare does the doctor have a limit etc. Please I want answers from people with real knowledge i don't want people just trying to use scare tactics on me cause that wont work, just tell m the truth.

PS: Im in NSW Australia , Sydney . ust incase the laws are diffrent here, snd snother thing i think the only person that should know what is presribed to you is ourself and our doctor

Yours Truly

SuchisLife

Last edited:
Anyways the point of the post is I don’t want to have a record on my Medicare that i have been on heroin or even oxicontin. When i go to the pharmacies all i see is they process it the system print out the stickers with instructions and prices and that's it nothing goes back to the doctor.
Can someone please explain how this prescriptions all work are the certain drugs stored on my Medicare card and do they show the dates that i have purchased the oxcontins. And is my doctor going to get into trouble for prescribing me this drug, all i can say is it is helping with my hip pain and the heroin so his killing two birds with one stone. Plus who knows what they mix with heroin on the streets at least this is mix with proper pharmaceutical ingredients. Is there a certain limit he can prescribe of oxy 80's without getting hassled by the government or medicare. Is there a Red flag that pops up when you prescribe these things, I'm just really curious as to why the doctor is a little afraid to prescribe them to me, i know his afraid of me being addicted, but maybe there is something else his not telling me or most probably i'm just being paranoid.

Right now the pharmacy only sees your history at that pharmacy, unless they call up to the number they can call to get a history of watched drugs you have been prescribed. If you look for the 'national database' thread on the first page of AusDD right now, you will see that soon they will be able to see what scripts you have had for S8 drugs in real time.

So yes there will be a record of you being prescribed oxycodone, nothing you can do about it. As for the heroin use, unless you have been on methadone or buprenorphine it won't be readily apparent.

Finally, unless the oxycodone scripts are PBS scripts Medicare isn't involved, but S8 drugs are monitored by the state's drugs of dependence unit and soon by the national prescription monitoring service, which won't be a problem unless you are doctor shopping.

ETA: There are limits set by each state's health department, usually having to do with repeats. You might want to read through this page.

PS: Im in NSW Australia , Sydney . ust incase the laws are diffrent here, snd snother thing i think the only person that should know what is presribed to you is ourself and our doctor

That may seem fair, but the government doesn't see it that way and they consider abuse and diversion of S8 drugs a serious problem that requires their intervention.

Now what will cause the drugs dependance unit to show up a red flag because i have done something stupid. MY doctor was away o holidays and i went to another doctor for some thing else (blood test) anyways i told him about my doctor being away and that i needed a script i just showed him the oxcontin box but i smugged the date part and just said i dropped food on it. so in one week i got 2 oxicontins 80's i dont know why i did it, he wasnt going to give it to m but im like i need it i ran out and im on a program with him abit of convincing i did it and now i regret it im suppod to be helping myself. IM SO STUPID I KNOW, SO at the end of the day i got 2 scripts from diff doctors a week apart? this was last week. So i have quiet abit of oxicodone now one packet and a half i felt reallty bad and told my girlfriend to hold th packet so i dont treat it as i have lot of supply... anyways Whats going to happen , they are PBS.

And is Valium an S8 drug?

Last edited:
^ Valium isn't an S8 drug, but it is watched in some states. Not QLD, but maybe NSW but I'm going on memory here.

If they are PBS, Medicare may pick up on it. Pharmacies have to send their S8 scripts away to the drugs of dependence unit each month as well (again, QLD rules but it will be very similar in NSW). They may pick up on the fact you went to two doctors within that short period and it is likely that they would contact both prescribing doctors.

I'm inclined to close this thread as this is about all the information we can give you and there's not much more you can do apart from waiting to see what happens.

and i want to know what is going to happen to me what the outcome will be? is there thing on the system that shows up a red flag if some person recieved it too much? ANd how long is a doctor allowed to precribe you the drug, could it be forever if he wants to?

ok one more quetion what if its from different pharmacies how will they pick up on that?

ok one more quetion what if its from different pharmacies how will they pick up on that?

They will pick up on it because:

If they are PBS, Medicare may pick up on it. Pharmacies have to send their S8 scripts away to the drugs of dependence unit each month as well (again, QLD rules but it will be very similar in NSW). They may pick up on the fact you went to two doctors within that short period and it is likely that they would contact both prescribing doctors.

Read what Blondey has to say. He knows his shit.

Well my friend, i suffer the same curiosity as you,
i live in Western Australia however. Here valium is
S4 and it's not even recordable or watched, but
xanax(alprazolam) is, it's called a schedule 4 recordable.

So the doctor has to ring the govt every time he prescribes
me a xanax supply, so i doubt i could go doctor shop for xanax
because the govt thug on the other line would say no he's already
been prescribed a box of xanax last week, so i can't give you it.

Here s8 drugs are tightly controlled they even have ' watch lists '
so when say you get dexamphetamine too early, even with your
doctors permission, they put you on a list of suspected drug dealing.

An you can even be banned for life for abusing s8 drugs too much,
obviously in an emergency though or if you truly are in pain such
as yourself they will give you as many strong pain killing drugs as
you require, the law cannot interfere with emergency medicine.

It's said that we live in an orwelian police state in Australia, it's only
going to get worse with regards to medication monitoring, as mr blonde
said they are conjuring up a new plan now to monitor all drugs of abuse.

and i want to know what is going to happen to me what the outcome will be? is there thing on the system that shows up a red flag if some person recieved it too much? ANd how long is a doctor allowed to precribe you the drug, could it be forever if he wants to?

As long as he feels is medically necessary, he just has to get it authorized by the health department and Medicare for the PBS. What will happen? You may not receive S8 drugs anymore. I am not sure specifically if their computers pick it up, but I assume they have some method of finding out when people have been to multiple doctors and alerting them.

I'm going to close this, PM me if you have any questions/issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.