• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I need help . my dog ate a mushroom that looks like a liberty cap. I took a sample .

chris123987

Greenlighter
got pulled over by cops , they found mushroom sample of the ones my dog ate. I dont know if the mushroom was ilegal or not they charged me with felony . my question is besides a lawyer what should I do to get some peace of mind , I dont want a felony charge for my dumb ass dog . the schroom was - brown cap , black gills ,hollow stem , did not bruse blue . it smelled like a boomer , it was half dried and is in a sealed glass jar . i have a sloppy pdf evidence pic to look at and thats it im scared someone please help

We can't do mushroom ID here, try shroomery.org

I hope your dog is ok?
If it was a non-active species of fungi i should think that any case against you would be shaky (to non-existent), but we can't give legal advice either i'm afraid.

That sounds like it will never stick. I wouldn't be all too worried that the fucks are giving you the runaround. If most of that story is true, just be honest and good luck!

What exactly did these mushrooms grow on?

Just curious, we cannot give actual ID and legal advice either, but I guess it couldn't hurt to get the full story - maybe there is some piece of the story that deserves to be checked that could help in some way, although that checking and the consequences would all be your own responsibility.

You saw your dog eating them and then picked some from the same patch for a vet to identify in case of poisoning?...

I hear that MANY cases in the US get some sort of plea deal to avoid going to trial which costs a lot of money, causing people to be duped into sentences they don't deserve. And drugs are of course notoriously demonized in prosecution.

I know one thing though: I would insist on them lab testing for psilocybin considering the insanity of charging under the assumption that it is hallucinogenic.

Thank you guys very much I guess I just needed to feel better about this and I do , Thanks again foreal and dog is fine

Wow chris that cleared up quite readily.. i'm glad it did, good luck. :)
Hope you are able to avoid getting intimidated and pigeonholed as some felon druggie, and maintain the ridiculousness of getting in trouble for what sounds like a single mushroom out of concern for your dog. You could admit the mistake of not taking photos instead, but yeah you don't realize that since you had no intention of breaking the law so not really an awareness of it either I assume, at the time.

Is it possible they just wanted to scare you and pressure you into cooperating / telling the truth etc or will they prosecute the felony charge?

Don't know where you were pulled over / searched anyway, but it probably matters whether they have any reason to suspect that you might have wanted to sell it - like having an accurate scale in a place other than your kitchen, etc.

Hopefully your - pro deo? - lawyer isn't some uncaring asshole cause they usually have a ridiculously small amount of time to spend on each case.

we had a lil weed and that didnt help matters with cops, I know there are rules on this kind of stuff as far as legal and id of schrooms goes . It was a single growing in grass, some folks say a partily dried boomer will rot in an air tight jar ? I hope the cops screw this up so im not in trouble , either way I feel alot better now

Quit riding dirty. Caught with shrooms and weed. Hire a lawyer.

If they let it rot away before it gets analyzed they have no evidence to ever prove that they were psychoactive mushrooms - best they could do is have some 'expert' judge pics? They need to be dried properly... if they rot there's no telling how quickly potential alkaloids deteriorate. I guess that's what you mean by 'screw this up'.

Is weed really that much less of an offense?

thank you guys I am a weed guy im guilty of weed every day , but I cant take a plea bargin on a mushroom that may or may not be illegal, the dog eating it just makes it suck that much more . I am over it , not even worried anymore

weed does'nt turn a cap gun into a firearm ,nor a lbm into a trippy schroom

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have any paper work, or even if the vet documented and confirm that you were there for an accident mushroom injestion, you should be okay. Just make sure you don't say shit to any cops because they'll twist whatever you say and use it. Talk to a lawyer, be honest and take it to court, especially if this a first offense I can't imagine a judge nailing you to the wall for trying to take care of your pup.