• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I need help. Let's get back to normal.

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
So yes I'm serious. I'm losing about 5 pounds of muscle a month. I have not had a chance to check again. My muscle if below normal. Most of my blood tests are low. I'm anemic and I have low blood count and white blood count also my vitamins are low.. I take like 15 pills every morning. But my questions easy. Is there any chance using small weights under five pounds and using resistance bands is there any way to get back into shape. I got this great job waiting for me but even though I'm getting better it's slow and I have a moderate amount of pain and weakness all the time. So what do I do? Can I just lift weights while laying in bed or I just need help. I need advise. I'll do anything to get my goal. And in a few months I'll have a car and a gym membership and if I had that now I could do it. But until I have that I need to make do with what I have. I was walking a couple of miles a day but it didn't seem to help me at all. It just made me sweat and my feet hurt the rest of the day. Are you healthy? How do you do it. Where did you start. I'm willing to order stuff to. Thanks. I just need to get to a point where I can work again. I hate being weak like this.

I've been sober almost two years from meth. But my sister and brother both do fent. And meth. I wonder first how can I get either of them some of that sweet sweet 12 billion dollars Newsom is homeless people. I just wonder if anyone here in CA has got money from the state. Like it's not for me and there bolth lame drug addicts so they won't do more then the most small amount of work even for money. So any thoughts? I really care about one of them. The other well. There mean so I care a lot less but I would like to get bolth of them out of my parents hair for a little time. Anyways sorry I hate using my cell phone to post here. It makes reading anything harder. But I'm saying a little prayer for everyone right now. Thanks. God bless!

I don’t think you can help an addict, other then just sticking around, like you with your 2 years sober they will have to want to change. My brother does meth heroin and Xanax to a point he’s walking around like a mumbling zombie, my parents have spent more money then I’d like to admit on rehabs out treatment ect. Prolly over 100k atleast maybe closer to 2…not even the birth of his daughter, who I’m now raising, made him change…sucks but good luck bro

So yes I'm serious. I'm losing about 5 pounds of muscle a month. I have not had a chance to check again. My muscle if below normal. Most of my blood tests are low. I'm anemic and I have low blood count and white blood count also my vitamins are low.. I take like 15 pills every morning. But my questions easy. Is there any chance using small weights under five pounds and using resistance bands is there any way to get back into shape. I got this great job waiting for me but even though I'm getting better it's slow and I have a moderate amount of pain and weakness all the time. So what do I do? Can I just lift weights while laying in bed or I just need help. I need advise. I'll do anything to get my goal. And in a few months I'll have a car and a gym membership and if I had that now I could do it. But until I have that I need to make do with what I have. I was walking a couple of miles a day but it didn't seem to help me at all. It just made me sweat and my feet hurt the rest of the day. Are you healthy? How do you do it. Where did you start. I'm willing to order stuff to. Thanks. I just need to get to a point where I can work again. I hate being weak like this.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the exercise is not the thing that you're lacking in. Blood tests are indicative of malnutrition. Become your own Jewish grandmother and show yourself love by constantly reminding yourself "eat eat eat!"

So I went to this doctor who checked my nerves to my feet(they hurt, they're numb, cold to the touch) I'm in recovery all together in just curious. My doctor says it's never going to get better. Get used to it.

If my feet hurt and are cold but socks hurt too and there clammy. I have low red, white blood count.

Is there anything anyone else does that helps the nerve pain? I just want to add the nerve damage was cause by My meth use my doctor said however I noticed all my problems with feet after I had congestive heart failure.
Also I think my feet hurt because of
Pancytopenia.

Which I hope gets better.

I get PT for my problems, ive even started to lose my grip which sucks because my only job atm is being a waiter/host. So I dunno. This sucks though. In my mind I can't get over the fact that heavy pain kills might cure the pain too. Though in fairness to my doctor and all of you I will admit some strange things. The pain goes away at work mostly my feet don't hurt and if I walk for like a hour they do get better. But like I work tomorrow and my feet feel like there permanently asleep 20% it's weird. I seriously should ask my old dealer of they were cutting my shit. Is that crazy?

I worry bath salts might of eaten my brain long ago and this isn't from the truck hitting me Ave my brain injury.

Bla I ask a lot. I just have limited options right now. This are great. But I can't say I have more control over my life then when I was homeless. But that's ok. Happy for what I have. God bless.

I work twice a week. I don't work out much. I've been trying to include dumbbells but I don't feel like they help anything, no matter how much I lift them. I'm wondering because I used to be heavy I'm 196 today but just two days ago I was 188 and I wonder why I go up and down so much. I go from 186 to 196 and I hate this. I just want to stay at 188. Obviously I need more muscle but where do I start? My feet have nerve damage and they always hurt and I don't have a car yet so I can't go to the gym but in the mean time what should I do to help me get in shape. Is there a good starting point because I tried walking every day for 3 months for a hour a day and nothing changed, I might gained weight infact. My main goal is to never go over 200 I should add that recently I lost skeleton muscle so maybe I'm gaining that muscle back which makes sense but still if i really want to stay in the 180s what can I do? I can order work out stuff, I can order drugs if I want I'm thinking about taking Research chemicals to build up muscle because it's so important but let me know any thoughts. I just feel lazy all day. I do dishes, I clean up the house for my parents. I work a couple days a week. I don't really have energy for much more but any ideas? How to build muscle the way way? Joe Rogan says cow bells after the answer.

Resources what's a good place to ask simple annoying fitness questions? Reddit? Like I need a little help I can do the rest but I am not getting anywhere until I figure out how not to waste my time.

Did you mention somewhere that you’re a Gastric Sleeve or Gastric Bypass patient?

If so, I would go back to the source, meaning that you originally had a team who must have given you some advice re: eating, exercising, perhaps even talk therapy, etc.

If you don’t have access to that team of professionals any longer, I’m certain there are websites or Facebook groups dedicated to the post-op bariatric patient.

Good Luck!

It's just in drinking a coke, I ate some grapes I'm fine right? I'll test myself again in half hour right? I am just alone ATM so I'm a little concerned. I don't know why my sugar keeps going low like it doesn't compute to me. Maybe tomorrow at my PT that's therapy I'll see. I dunno I just get worried sometimes when my life depends on something I read on Google. But 52 is low right? I should worry. I noticed the symptoms though and checked. It's funny while getting there tester ready I washed my hands I thought to myself it's going to be fine your being paranoid don't test... Pffff. It's weird to recover from a truck hitting you crossing the street I guess. Long term I guess there's some BS I gotta deal with. Like checking my sugar. It's annoying. I used have to do it all the time when I was diabetic. I dunno thanks going finish my coke eat more grapes.

Being diabetic, I am sure you are aware that processed sugar and other high glycaemic index foods make your blood sugar spike, and then crash. So yes, it's very likely you drinking soda that is causing the low BS reading. If you were getting low BS readings without drinking/eating lots of sugar, THEN I would be worried.

I used to be diabetic for like six months when I was 19 I was 455 pounds. This was before my 600 pound life, I'm 37 now. But i think my mind goes when my sugar drops because I do know all this info. I just scared myself. Sorry. Also I drink diet soda only. I'm trying to get in shape. I had eaten instant oatmeal and was about to eat chips when I started feeling super cold, my fingers got super cold and my toes hurt.

I go to my doctor's office today so it's doubtful I won't be ok now lol I'll inform them but its new to have low sugar all my blood tests are getting better but my blood sugar test was

Insulin, Total/Random
INSULIN,TOTAL/RANDOM2.8L3.0 - 25.0 uIU/mL

I used to be diabetic for like six months when I was 19 I was 455 pounds. This was before my 600 pound life, I'm 37 now. But i think my mind goes when my sugar drops because I do know all this info. I just scared myself. Sorry. Also I drink diet soda only. I'm trying to get in shape. I had eaten instant oatmeal and was about to eat chips when I started feeling super cold, my fingers got super cold and my toes hurt.

I go to my doctor's office today so it's doubtful I won't be ok now lol I'll inform them but its new to have low sugar all my blood tests are getting better but my blood sugar test was

Insulin, Total/Random
INSULIN,TOTAL/RANDOM2.8L3.0 - 25.0 uIU/mL

Just a friendly tip, diet soda can spike insulin all the same cuz simply eating something sweet begins production whether it’s actually sugar or not. Plus the side effects of artificial sweeteners, I’ve watched a lot of folks try to lose weight and fail thinking diet soda would help them. I don’t want you to be one of them.

To really lose weight, soda and all sugary drinks need to be dropped, diet or not. If you have to taper off use fresh fruit juices for awhile but in the long run even those can only be had infrequently.

That one small change could be huge for your weight loss. The amount of sugar in one can (just a can) is usually around 40g which is max sugar intake for day depending who you ask. (Some say you should hit 20g, which I agree.)

-GC

Just a friendly tip, diet soda can spike insulin all the same cuz simply eating something sweet begins production whether it’s actually sugar or not. Plus the side effects of artificial sweeteners, I’ve watched a lot of folks try to lose weight and fail thinking diet soda would help them. I don’t want you to be one of them.

To really lose weight, soda and all sugary drinks need to be dropped, diet or not. If you have to taper off use fresh fruit juices for awhile but in the long run even those can only be had infrequently.

That one small change could be huge for your weight loss. The amount of sugar in one can (just a can) is usually around 40g which is max sugar intake for day depending who you ask. (Some say you should hit 20g, which I agree.)

-GC
Yes, this!!!! The "fake sugars" that they use in diet sodas make the body think that it's real sugar, and affect blood sugar levels in the same way. So you may as well be drinking regular full-sugar soda.

Anyone have a doctor test there nerve signals and tell them they have neuropathy?
My feet get very cold, to the touch the ice. They like right now hurt a lot. I just wondering what else I can do beside switch socks, use a heating pad?, I work a extra day this week and I dunno what what I can do. Like while I'm laying in bed watching TV is there anything maybe that might help?

I take norco but I worry maybe from taking it 4 times a day for a year is confusing my body and maybe I can't handle even a little pain anymore. But the thought of stopping taking pain pills seems simply impossible to me right now. I figured I'd get in shape and that would solve all my problems then maybe I could quit pain meds and massive the circulation would improve and my feet might feel better.

It’s all about getting fit. I’d actually say don’t stop the norcos right now cuz you need all the energy you can get right now to push for exercise and better diet.

Your circulation is really poor from your weight, your neuropathy is due to it as well.

I know it’s not easy to hear but that’s the only way out of this.

-GC

They usually just test nerve repose by taking a somewhat flimsy pin and poking the bottom of your feet to see if your feel it. You could have a friend or family member use a cheap comb or something similar to poke the bottom of you feet and toes to see if you feel it.

Do you have normal hair growth on your feet and lower legs.

heat should increase your blood flow so consider taking a bath, warm water foot soak, heating pads etc.

heat treatment, massage stretch , repeat

Info on your concern that prolonged opiate treatment has changed your body.

Info on your concern that prolonged opiate treatment has changed your body.

Thanks for sharing those! The studies I browsed through re: Opioid Induced Hyperplasia were truly eye-opening.

I don’t think you can help an addict, other then just sticking around, like you with your 2 years sober they will have to want to change. My brother does meth heroin and Xanax to a point he’s walking around like a mumbling zombie, my parents have spent more money then I’d like to admit on rehabs out treatment ect. Prolly over 100k atleast maybe closer to 2…not even the birth of his daughter, who I’m now raising, made him change…sucks but good luck bro
What a good brother you are good luck with him

I feel I should apologize for my last post, I saw later on you said elsewhere you’d lost much of the weight. So again I’m sorry..

-GC