• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery I Need Help in Understanding How to Remedy the Damage Caused by my Days of Drug Abuse Which Have Lead to the Deterioration of my Saliva Glands.

yahiaabdelsalam

Greenlighter
So from when I was like 14, I used to believe weird shit, that when I applied firmly on my drug abuse tendencies, deteriorated my health drastically.
Now let me explain first what those beliefs were, how they affected my drug abuse tendencies, and then my presumption on how it deteriorated my health; after, I would really love it, if anyone had a similar experience or is knowledgeable enough to confirm/deny my presumption, as well as help me understand the current health state I am in and how to deal with it.

I first started to smoke hash, and a friend of mine told me that a cigarette after a joint, is the same as smoking a joint. So me being a total stupid shit kid, took that to heart, and used to like smoke about 3 joints a day, while finishing a pack of cigarettes throughout to keep the high going. And not only that, but I also firmly believed that eating/drinking water alleviates the high in a sense. So not only did I just inhale smoke consistently, but I also denied myself the privilege of drinking water - where I would drink about 200ml every 2/3 days.

With that in mind, I kept going through this shit way of living, to the point where I would throw-up from smoking a joint, and since it woke me up from my high, I would just roll another joint and smoke it up immediately after throwing-up and without drinking water in between. So yeah.. I was a stupid kid tbh, and even more I kept being stupid throughout my teenage years and until the end of university days.

So after a point in time, maybe when I was 19/20, I started to notice that being dehydrated all the time is no fun, but I had to stay high, so instead of drinking water normally and smoking, I started smoking hash while drinking beer; at first it was two beers, and then it was 6 to 8 beers daily, since alcohol would help in numbing the pain felt from the smoke entering my mouth/throat - in my eyes at that time, it was a marvelous solution, since not only I get to keep my smoking habits, but I’d get high as a fucking kite. Kept that up for 2 years, and then when I turned 22/23, the numbing effect of alcohol was moot, so again instead of drinking water like a normal person would, I upgraded my drug usage, now I take opiates with alcohol and hash; from tramadol to heroin. And I kept that up until I finished my university years (age 24/25).

So all in all, I stayed in a near constant dehydrated state for 11 years. Granted there were times where I tried to drink water normally - from the ages of 22 to 25 - but the damage had already been done. The damage in question was that my mouth/throat became unable to produce saliva normally, especially if I introduce smoke or alcohol, and my lungs would excrete Black Phlegm - and I am not kidding you, it wasn’t a dark brown green, it was specks and huge parts of only black phlegm, kind of reassembling tar in a way.

So with all that in mind, I think that maybe I fucked up all saliva glands, and maybe I have a permanent xerostomia/Sjorgen Syndrome.
Finally, in terms of remedies I discovered, daily exercise and especially daily cardio, helped in making saliva glands work normally. Not smoking ofc helps a shit ton, and finally if I massage the three major mouth saliva glands, sometimes it helps in producing saliva. Those remedies are what I do now in order to manage the damage that has been done. And yeah now I’m 29, so my self-remedies have a lasted for 5 years in total, but ofc it’s not constant, I still smoke, but I train daily.
So did I really fuck myself up that much? And if yea, did I diagnose myself right? And if yes or no, what can I do to try and feel like a normal person after all those years of constant damage.